Can you put back the MOUNT Adoption/select NORMAL licence in the store please ?

hello

I'm waiting for an eternity now, to buy or try to have the nebula jackal,

So i'm wondering, i'm ASKING you @"Guildwars.4893" @"Gaile Gray.6029"

when are the MOUNT Adoption/select licences going to be put back in the store please ? i'm talking about the 1st ones, not the istani isles (not interested).

This is randow, and i'm not sure (i know!) i wont have the one i want in the first try,

so if i have to wait a century for the licence to be in the store, i'll never get it.

It is the only skin that interests me...

it's so disapointing to see that you dont think about players who want (wanted) one the old mounts, you just took them away...

too bad i was going to try until i have the nebula jackal, even if it was going to cost me a lot. it's a lost of money for you. i'm not the only one for sure.

Would it be possible that you put back this licence pack please ?

i'm just waiting to spend my money, my gems, but i wait, and wait and wait, and it never happens.

Important clarification: There was never a mount selection licence for the first set - just the normal licence which gives you a random mount.

I don't know why they took it out the store though. The controversy had mostly died down by the time they did and several of the problems with it had been solved by Anet releasing new mount skins, so random mount licences were no longer the majority or the only way to get 'plain' mounts or ones without an obvious festival theme.

I'm sure they'll bring it back sooner or later, because there's very few gem store items which have been removed and never come back, but I don't know when that will be.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Important clarification: There was never a mount selection licence for the first set - just the normal licence which gives you a random mount.

>

> I don't know why they took it out the store though. The controversy had mostly died down by the time they did and several of the problems with it had been solved by Anet releasing new mount skins, so random mount licences were no longer the majority or the only way to get 'plain' mounts or ones without an obvious festival theme.

>

> I'm sure they'll bring it back sooner or later, because there's very few gem store items which have been removed and never come back, but I don't know when that will be.

Considering the OP wants it back, I think taking it out is doing exactly what they wanted it to do....... make people ask for it to be put back.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Celt Wolfire.4398" said:

> ok thanks a lot. i hope it will be back soon . it would be great to allow us to choose one, with selection licence though.

That won’t happen.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

“We won’t change the existing license (meaning set 1 mount licence) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made”

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Celt Wolfire.4398" said:

> > ok thanks a lot. i hope it will be back soon . it would be great to allow us to choose one, with selection licence though.

>

> That won’t happen.

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

> “We won’t change the existing license (meaning set 1 mount licence) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made”

>

That doesn't say they can't add in a 1200 select your mount option regardless, which technically doesn't change the way the original deal if you ask me.

> @"DarkNighT.7319" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Celt Wolfire.4398" said:

> > > ok thanks a lot. i hope it will be back soon . it would be great to allow us to choose one, with selection licence though.

> >

> > That won’t happen.

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

> > “We won’t change the existing license (meaning set 1 mount licence) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made”

> >

>

> That doesn't say they can't add in a 1200 select your mount option regardless, which technically doesn't change the way the original deal if you ask me.

I remember some complaints from people who were only interested in getting one particular skin, the starry griffon, for example, but had to buy loads of skins in order to get that due to the random nature of the first set.

Those people could have saved a lot of money (or gold) if there was an option to buy individual mounts so adding that option now would "invalidate the investment players have made”.

Possibly they could do something like offer a single select licence from the first pack as 6th birthday gift?

Yes it wouldn't be applicable to anyone who doesn't own pof (same reason as why no birthday glider skins to alienate non-HoT players), but it's the only way I can think of that would provide the option of a select licence from that pack without invalidating rng licence purchases of players.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Celt Wolfire.4398" said:

> > ok thanks a lot. i hope it will be back soon . it would be great to allow us to choose one, with selection licence though.

>

> That won’t happen.

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

> “We won’t change the existing license (meaning set 1 mount licence) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made”

>

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"DarkNighT.7319" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > @"Celt Wolfire.4398" said:

> > > > ok thanks a lot. i hope it will be back soon . it would be great to allow us to choose one, with selection licence though.

> > >

> > > That won’t happen.

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15523/a-message-about-the-mount-adoption-license/p1

> > > “We won’t change the existing license (meaning set 1 mount licence) in a way that would invalidate the investment players have made”

> > >

> >

> > That doesn't say they can't add in a 1200 select your mount option regardless, which technically doesn't change the way the original deal if you ask me.

>

> I remember some complaints from people who were only interested in getting one particular skin, the starry griffon, for example, but had to buy loads of skins in order to get that due to the random nature of the first set.

>

> Those people could have saved a lot of money (or gold) if there was an option to buy individual mounts so adding that option now would "invalidate the investment players have made”.

I'm all for playing devil's advocate for a number of things..... but even Hell's legal department wouldn't defend this case.

I also have been waiting for many, many months to get a crack at those mounts. I bought PoF after it had disappeared from the Gem Store and have never had the opportunity. (Please add the ability to get the specific mount I desire. I despise RNG almost as much as it despises me). Unclear Gem Store descriptions and lack of mount previews there led me to purchase the entire Istani mount collection thinking I might get the Tawny Hare. A ton of wasted gems, and we haven't seen anything even close to the Tawny Hare in the interim. Nothing but "crazy" stuff aimed at the people who like particle effects and glitz.