Four Winds Festival

Ok, the more I participate in this event the more I'm hating it. It just seems like a GIANT way to devalue our accounts. All of these equipment bags and loot boxes we're getting are insanely expensive, they don't have a preview option indicating whether or not we have a chance of getting something decent out of them. And after opening hundreds still the best item I've received from them is a masterwork weapon and 4 copper. Yeah, that's TOTALLY WORTH an ECTO. Really? And all of these Drooburt items are a joke. I mean I can understand some of them being total and complete rip offs, because they make sense for his character, but please.... give a decent chance of something good? And make it require something we can actually get relatively easily, since (with my case, I have the WORST RNG in the game) the chances of getting the item anyways are slim to none.

Also the best items in this festival (even the most expensive) are all account bound, so farming them doesn't make sense since it's all account bound so we can't make any of our money back that we're spending trying to get this rare loot that you have in over priced horribly balanced RNG loot containers.

Now in to Keys (mostly because I don't want to get in to another post but I may anyways later). The keys in the game are becoming a huge rip off too. RL money for account bound items that we can't sell. We used to get 3 items with the chance of a rare fourth. Now we get 2 items per chest that we have no chance of getting anything otherwise, so we're ultimately opening the chest for 2 items which we used to get three and the last couple mandatory items have been huge rip offs in my opinion. Because you can just farm a map for 30min and buy those keys, and the random loot chests.... would be great if you got more than 1 per key. Since they're based on magic find which that part makes me happy, is that magic find can help you get some good loot. Just not enough chances (again, my horrible RNG), so still getting useless stuff that I'm now way overpaying for.

So in closing, I'm concerned with the way Guild Wars has been going lately. By moving more and more of the shiny loot items to being account bound so we can't sell items that we worked really hard for to make some money to buy other things. I don't like how I have to work really hard for something for completion, and then since I'm in no aspect of my life, "Lucky" I can't keep up with my friends who have amazing luck. PLEASE bring back NON-ACCOUNT BOUND loot at these events that we can buy if we just work hard and farm an event that doesn't rely on luck, that relies on dedication and skill.

Sorry if I kind of went all over the place there. xD

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> All it means is you're bad at the math at play here. Look at the price of Ectos, and realize its doing exactly what it was intending to.

I had over 1000 ectos so I had some to burn. And on my account I still have over 800 ectos. Plus Ectos are going up right now because they were really cheap at the beginning of this event.

With all of the permanent salvaging and harvesting tools, the ever-growing gold find and magic find account bonuses, the game suffers from a massive deflation. We need item sinks more than ever in gw2. The in game economy is failing because no one is buying anything. Btw, Arenanet, we need more sinks for cooking ingredients and animal parts.

> @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > All it means is you're bad at the math at play here. Look at the price of Ectos, and realize its doing exactly what it was intending to.

>

> I had over 1000 ectos so I had some to burn. And on my account I still have over 800 ectos. Plus Ectos are going up right now because they were really cheap at the beginning of this event.

???

Yes? That is intended? Hello?

I don't mind having something to spend mats on, but when the bags are ripoffs like this one, it's just devaluing my account and what I've worked hard for. I don't mind something to spend the mats on provided they're worth while investments, or at least something that is enjoyable, rather than feeling insulted when I open a stack of equipment boxes that I just poured my 1000 material tab storage in to. To get a very high denominator fraction of what i put in to it back.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > All it means is you're bad at the math at play here. Look at the price of Ectos, and realize its doing exactly what it was intending to.

> >

> > I had over 1000 ectos so I had some to burn. And on my account I still have over 800 ectos. Plus Ectos are going up right now because they were really cheap at the beginning of this event.

>

> ???

>

> Yes? That is intended? Hello?

Yes i believe it is, quite a few materials in the game where so cheap as to be vendorable which is just..not great.

> @"Frozen.7245" said:

> I don't mind having something to spend mats on, but when the bags are ripoffs like this one, it's just devaluing my account and what I've worked hard for. I don't mind something to spend the mats on provided they're worth while investments, or at least something that is enjoyable, rather than feeling insulted when I open a stack of equipment boxes that I just poured my 1000 material tab storage in to. To get a very high denominator fraction of what i put in to it back.

How can you even call them ripoffs when you can PREVIEW their content and when you can get some insanely valuable stuff out of them? You're paying for that chance and 99% of the time that means you LOSE money (sink) or in this case materials directly.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > I don't mind having something to spend mats on, but when the bags are ripoffs like this one, it's just devaluing my account and what I've worked hard for. I don't mind something to spend the mats on provided they're worth while investments, or at least something that is enjoyable, rather than feeling insulted when I open a stack of equipment boxes that I just poured my 1000 material tab storage in to. To get a very high denominator fraction of what i put in to it back.

>

> How can you even call them ripoffs when you can PREVIEW their content and when you can get some insanely valuable stuff out of them? You're paying for that chance and 99% of the time that means you LOSE money (sink) or in this case materials directly.

You "CAN'T" preview the ones I'm commenting on.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> But now we need a major quartz sink.

The new glove skins serve that purpose. You can upgrade them in the Mystic Toilet using a stack of regular quartz, 5 charged quartz and 20 bottle of elonian wine.

edit:

> @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > > I don't mind having something to spend mats on, but when the bags are ripoffs like this one, it's just devaluing my account and what I've worked hard for. I don't mind something to spend the mats on provided they're worth while investments, or at least something that is enjoyable, rather than feeling insulted when I open a stack of equipment boxes that I just poured my 1000 material tab storage in to. To get a very high denominator fraction of what i put in to it back.

> >

> > How can you even call them ripoffs when you can PREVIEW their content and when you can get some insanely valuable stuff out of them? You're paying for that chance and 99% of the time that means you LOSE money (sink) or in this case materials directly.

>

> You "CAN'T" preview the ones I'm commenting on.

The only one you can't preview is the one sold by the loot trader, but that one has been on the wiki for ages and isn't new.

> @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > > I don't mind having something to spend mats on, but when the bags are ripoffs like this one, it's just devaluing my account and what I've worked hard for. I don't mind something to spend the mats on provided they're worth while investments, or at least something that is enjoyable, rather than feeling insulted when I open a stack of equipment boxes that I just poured my 1000 material tab storage in to. To get a very high denominator fraction of what i put in to it back.

> >

> > How can you even call them ripoffs when you can PREVIEW their content and when you can get some insanely valuable stuff out of them? You're paying for that chance and 99% of the time that means you LOSE money (sink) or in this case materials directly.

>

> You "CAN'T" preview the ones I'm commenting on.

Which ones are you talking about then? The contents of the Zephyrite lootboxes can be previewed, and they are the material sink in this festival.

I think the guaranteed drop from BL chests that is "stealing" a spot, is actually a good idea. Because you get a currency you can save up and buy what you want (from what's available) when you get enough, rather than just another RNG die roll.

> @"JDub.1530" said:

> I think the guaranteed drop from BL chests that is "stealing" a spot, is actually a good idea. Because you get a currency you can save up and buy what you want (from what's available) when you get enough, rather than just another RNG die roll.

That's not the one I'm having a problem with, I like those as well. Granted I think you should get more than one, BUT the one I have the issue with are things like the Locksmiths kit that gives keys and stuff like that.

> @"Frozen.7245" said:

> > @"JDub.1530" said:

> > I think the guaranteed drop from BL chests that is "stealing" a spot, is actually a good idea. Because you get a currency you can save up and buy what you want (from what's available) when you get enough, rather than just another RNG die roll.

>

> That's not the one I'm having a problem with, I like those as well. Granted I think you should get more than one, BUT the one I have the issue with are things like the Locksmiths kit that gives keys and stuff like that.

That slot (the regularly changing guaranteed item) used to be a guaranteed Booster. **The number of actual loot chances in the BLC has not been reduced!**

Long time ago, apparently: 1 Tonic slot, 2 proper loots slots

Before the Seasonal guaranteed item: 1 Booster slot, 2 loot slots

Before Statuettes: 1 Seasonal slot, 2 loot slots

Current: 1 Statuette, 1 Seasonal slot, 2 loot slots.

> @"Frozen.7245" said:

> Ok, the more I participate in this event the more I'm hating it. It just seems like a GIANT way to devalue our accounts.

On the contrary, it increased the value of many accounts. It only was a net decrease for people who decided to rush to convert mats into Zephyr Supply Boxes, without learning more. Most amateur economists and nearly all power traders expected exactly this, wrote about it before the festival, and many made out like White Mantle Bandits. In addition, those who chose not to trade or sell also so an increase in value, since the mats are worth double what they were prior to the festival.

> All of these equipment bags and loot boxes we're getting are insanely expensive, they don't have a preview option indicating whether or not we have a chance of getting something decent out of them. And after opening hundreds still the best item I've received from them is a masterwork weapon and 4 copper. Yeah, that's TOTALLY WORTH an ECTO. Really?

When has this game ever offered something to trade that was "totally worth" it? Any gamble is intended to sink something from the game.

And FYI the Zephyrite Supply Boxes, that cost an ecto, do have a preview window, even before you pay. (And they didn't when the festival was in game originally.)

Which boxes are you referring to?

> And all of these Drooburt items are a joke. I mean I can understand some of them being total and complete rip offs, because they make sense for his character, but please.... give a decent chance of something good? And make it require something we can actually get relatively easily, since (with my case, I have the WORST RNG in the game) the chances of getting the item anyways are slim to none.

Maybe your idea of a joke is different, but it's pretty funny to me that Drooburt is more & more demanding. I've learned not to worry about what he wants except as a long term way of getting a few AP.

> Also the best items in this festival (even the most expensive) are all account bound, so farming them doesn't make sense since it's all account bound so we can't make any of our money back that we're spending trying to get this rare loot that you have in over priced horribly balanced RNG loot containers.

This complaint is all over the place. First you complain that the sinks are too great, then you complain that too much is account bound, and then you say that there's no point in farming... The point of farming is always to earn a lot of gold or account bound mats/currency.

>

> Now in to Keys (mostly because I don't want to get in to another post but I may anyways later). The keys in the game are becoming a huge rip off too. RL money for account bound items that we can't sell. We used to get 3 items with the chance of a rare fourth. Now we get 2 items per chest that we have no chance of getting anything otherwise, so we're ultimately opening the chest for 2 items which we used to get three and the last couple mandatory items have been huge rip offs in my opinion. Because you can just farm a map for 30min and buy those keys, and the random loot chests.... would be great if you got more than 1 per key. Since they're based on magic find which that part makes me happy, is that magic find can help you get some good loot. Just not enough chances (again, my horrible RNG), so still getting useless stuff that I'm now way overpaying for.

BL chests haven't changed markedly in the last year. Since they changed to the theme chests, things have gotten better. The addition of statuettes as a long-term alternative to RNG of account bound items, the guaranteed drops, the amazing amount of limited edition gem shop dyes... all of that has made it possible for more people to get more of the stuff they want.

Other than that, it's never been a secret that they are used to make extra cash, so the developers can afford to maintain the game in the style to which we are accustomed.