What is your Weaver build?

Cave Rock.4869

> @MrRay.3027 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > @MrRay.3027 said:

> > > I for one still don't know what build to take for sword weaver (don't wanna experiment on my own dime, since I don't have that many dimes). Viper+berserker runes, Sinister+Balthazar runes, or something else. So confused. Tried something on the build editor (in my noob understandind) and with Sinister+Balthazar runes I get up to 65% fire duration, but I don't really understand why duration is all that important (haven't played any condi spec so far). And with Sinister gear I get alot more crit also, which I like, since Weaver still has some power dmg.

> > > If somebody would be so kind as to explain, since I really would like to play a viable sword build.

> >

> > Hey MrRay, i am sorry it took me a bit to get back to you bud. Here is my opinion on when it is important to have condition duration or not. Condition duration is important for many professions but not all. One great example is the Firebrand, that only really does burn, bleed and mobilize for example. As the Firebrand can only do three types of conditions it may not be that important to have condition duration over condition damage burst potential. Also if a profession has many ways to apply that same condition like burn for example then duration is not that essential. Now if you want you maximum burn potential then your profession trait will generally help or you could use a rune to focus on that one specific condition duration say like with Balthazars runes. Do you see what i mean?

> >

> > Now MrRay if you have a profession like the Mesmer/Mirage that does multiple types of damaging conditions like burn, confusion, bleed, torment etc then you will definitely want to have condition duration to get your maximum potential across the board damage. That is when it is far too hard to focus on one condition type and additionally you will end up getting more condition damage output because of your condition duration on all of them and not just one.

> >

> > Now with the Weaver at least on the sword and dagger you have access mostly to burn and bleed condition types right. So what you can do is take Sinisters Armour for max condition damage, and then take a sigil of burning and a sigil of bleeding. That will do pretty well but your going to need to focus your traits in the Weaver and Fire lines to increase your damage out put. But sadly as Elementalists' we are still very dependent on the water trait-line for condition cleanses and survival. Another type of armour you could also use for hybrid damage would be Vipers and that should give you close to the max condition duration from your gear and triats. But you will also need to suppliment that with rare veggie pizza for a bit more condition damage and duration. Also the toxic focus crystal will work really well with this build.

> >

> > Well MrRay i would suggest that it is really a personal preference choice as to whether you want burst condition damage that packs a punch at the start or constant long duration conditions that become deadly overtime. But you risk fighting opponents that ultimately don't usually go out to a fight without condition cleanses, at least in the meta prior to Path of Fire. It may have since change and more people might be taking a bigger risk with few condition cleanses and greater fire power. My advice is still take some condition cleanses because that will save your life more than anything in both WvW and SPvP

> >

> > Good luck out there fighting as a sword/dagger Weaver really soon. From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> >

> > Burst Condition Damage

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAlNgNOAG5CM5iFBALIAEKfA3v6Y9teIGsDuhA-j1hAQBRTPQ1U/5aK/C4+D1UJYCOBAA4BAEA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4d94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCYRlVA-w

> >

> > Versus Condition duration (more damage overtime, but greater risk of it being cleansed off the target)

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMAlNgNOAG5CM5iFBALIAEKfADxgdwN8+VHrv1A-j1hAQBAUPAAeAA2UJIEV/JBnAgAu/AIV+FA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4d94jP+4jP+4jP+4lCYRlVA-w

> >

>

> Thanks for the detailed explenation. :dizzy:

> Decided after all to go with sinister armor,weapons, viper trinkets, water, earth, weaver. With baltazar runes, sigil of bleeding, and condi dmg buff sigil (I forget the name) I get around 85% fire time and 80% bleeding.

Well done MrRay, those three trait lines together sound awesome. I am a fan of Sinister also, but that really does sound a good mix of armor and gear. Well rounded survivable, tanky sustain and condition damage overtime.

Those are very insightful and well thought out ideas about a Weaver build. I only wonder about the damage output? What do we have to sacrifice to get such a well rounded build?

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to play WvW or PvP, and don't mind me, you HAVE to play water.

Or else you won't stand the conditions, it's a fact, without water and the proper traits in Weaver, you don't have enough sustain

Earth : Yes you have extra bulk, and clean when you're at more than 75%, but remember : it cleanses you only if you're hit, if not, the conditions will stay, and extra bulk doesn't affect condition damages (which is a big part of the meta actually)

Fire : Cleansing fire from trait has a pretty long CD, and once again, if you're fighting some classes using only burning, it might trigger, but if might not, it depends (it's not hard to have 3 differents conditions, but when you'll have few conditions, this trait won't help you.)

I've made test with fire/earth build, and it's just no use. Keep that for PvE

Water is a must have for Pvp / roaming weaver, since you'll get much more cleansing and heal.

I recommand to play water with 1-3-1 (your #2 water is gonna be up everytime, plus extra damage(sometimes ofc) plus other skills in water will have less cd (4/5 on off hand mainly))

And YES, I'm saying water, and YES we're gonna play with water once again, I'm not saying that cause "Im pro ele lel", just looking at what GW2 is actually, and it's CondiWars 2. Keep the water, and "wash the condi away".

Take watever you want as a 3rd line, arcana will help you rotating through attunements, air will gives you more damage, fire a bit of clean and a mix of damage and condi, earth will give you bulk. Do as you wish, but a good weaver will always have water in a competitive mode.

> @Hana.8143 said:

> If you want to play WvW or PvP, and don't mind me, you HAVE to play water.

> Or else you won't stand the conditions, it's a fact, without water and the proper traits in Weaver, you don't have enough sustain

> Earth : Yes you have extra bulk, and clean when you're at more than 75%, but remember : it cleanses you only if you're hit, if not, the conditions will stay, and extra bulk doesn't affect condition damages (which is a big part of the meta actually)

> Fire : Cleansing fire from trait has a pretty long CD, and once again, if you're fighting some classes using only burning, it might trigger, but if might not, it depends (it's not hard to have 3 differents conditions, but when you'll have few conditions, this trait won't help you.)

> I've made test with fire/earth build, and it's just no use. Keep that for PvE

>

> Water is a must have for Pvp / roaming weaver, since you'll get much more cleansing and heal.

> I recommand to play water with 1-3-1 (your #2 water is gonna be up everytime, plus extra damage(sometimes ofc) plus other skills in water will have less cd (4/5 on off hand mainly))

> And YES, I'm saying water, and YES we're gonna play with water once again, I'm not saying that cause "Im pro ele lel", just looking at what GW2 is actually, and it's CondiWars 2. Keep the water, and "wash the condi away".

>

> Take watever you want as a 3rd line, arcana will help you rotating through attunements, air will gives you more damage, fire a bit of clean and a mix of damage and condi, earth will give you bulk. Do as you wish, but a good weaver will always have water in a competitive mode.

I agree here, water+arcane+weaver seems the mandatory build configuration for WvW.

I would say the Stop-Drop-And-Roll trait is better than Soothing Ice in Water. A free fire/chill clear every 10 seconds seems better than frost_aura + tiny regen every 20 seconds.

> @Hana.8143 said:

> Earth : Yes you have extra bulk, and clean when you're at more than 75%, but remember : it cleanses you only if you're hit, if not, the conditions will stay, and extra bulk doesn't affect condition damages (which is a big part of the meta actually)

Wait I thought damage ticks from conditions on you would count as "getting hit" for the condition removal too?

> @"Aether McLoud.1975" said:

> > @Hana.8143 said:

> > Earth : Yes you have extra bulk, and clean when you're at more than 75%, but remember : it cleanses you only if you're hit, if not, the conditions will stay, and extra bulk doesn't affect condition damages (which is a big part of the meta actually)

>

> Wait I thought damage ticks from conditions on you would count as "getting hit" for the condition removal too?

>

Yeah everyone WATER is a must have for fighting other players. I would like to hear an answer to this question put forward by Aether McLoud also. From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Hana.8143 said:

> If you want to play WvW or PvP, and don't mind me, you HAVE to play water.

> Or else you won't stand the conditions, it's a fact, without water and the proper traits in Weaver, you don't have enough sustain

> Fire : Cleansing fire from trait has a pretty long CD, and once again, if you're fighting some classes using only burning, it might trigger, but if might not, it depends (it's not hard to have 3 differents conditions, but when you'll have few conditions, this trait won't help you.)

> I've made test with fire/earth build, and it's just no use. Keep that for PvE

>

> Water is a must have for Pvp / roaming weaver, since you'll get much more cleansing and heal.

> I recommand to play water with 1-3-1 (your #2 water is gonna be up everytime, plus extra damage(sometimes ofc) plus other skills in water will have less cd (4/5 on off hand mainly))

> And YES, I'm saying water, and YES we're gonna play with water once again, I'm not saying that cause "Im pro ele lel", just looking at what GW2 is actually, and it's CondiWars 2. Keep the water, and "wash the condi away".

>

> Take watever you want as a 3rd line, arcana will help you rotating through attunements, air will gives you more damage, fire a bit of clean and a mix of damage and condi, earth will give you bulk. Do as you wish, but a good weaver will always have water in a competitive mode.

Hana can you confirm if condition ticks count, to answer Aether McLoud's question and for my own interest. It would be much appreciated from Cave Rock up Bluevoltron42.

They cut off Signet of restoration with out giving the ele community a heads up at all. Its an effectively hidden post on spvp forms. I do not think any build will work on weaver because Anet realty dose not care about this class or any thing about it or any one who plays it. It maybe time to thinking about picking it in for ele its going no where.

Hey Jski, yeah there is an oddity with the Signet of Restoration you will need to give those developers a little time to find a hot fix for it. The devs are aware and working on it. So we just need to relax, stay calm and be patient for it to come back.

If your finding it is the only heal that works for you on Weaver perhaps test out some other heals, if that doesn't work out then perhaps stop playing competitive modes until the fix arrives. Possibly even play some more of PoF you are yet to explore or start with another elite just to experiment. This way you will learn how to combat them with your Weaver.

Cheers Jski it will be fixed in due time, I am not worried about it because I know the best teams at Arenanet are on it, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @demonsmind.4327 said:

> current wvw build, it's kinda all over the place but ima trying to find a happy medium of sustain and damage output probably better setups but I make do with what I have atm.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMA94idOAGOAM5ilTAroEMA/A3l508bmYCEAWAA-jlCXQBEQJBTUfZgqQ0QlBPTJYCUKIMlI5TPAAUCRq9HIFwoKjA-w

Hey Demonsmind, I like what your doing with the regeneration and condition cleanses. I think your on to something here, it just needs fleshing out a little bit more. Burst heals might be an issue and Spellbreakers/Scourges will be your worst enemies' for the boon corruption and removal. Without your regeneration you might be rather vulnerable. Apart from that other elites than those previously mentioned might have a hard time taking you down. You also might find it hard to solo down other players, for lack of both condition or power damage burst attacks. But I wish you luck and thank you for your helpful start to a possibly fun build to try out in WvW.

Many thanks for participating in the discussion about Weavers and for your time spent making a build it was much appreciated. Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> Hey Jski, yeah there is an oddity with the Signet of Restoration you will need to give those developers a little time to find a hot fix for it. The devs are aware and working on it. So we just need to relax, stay calm and be patient for it to come back.

>

> If your finding it is the only heal that works for you on Weaver perhaps test out some other heals, if that doesn't work out then perhaps stop playing competitive modes until the fix arrives. Possibly even play some more of PoF you are yet to explore or start with another elite just to experiment. This way you will learn how to combat them with your Weaver.

>

> Cheers Jski it will be fixed in due time, I am not worried about it because I know the best teams at Arenanet are on it, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

>

Nothing to do with them cutting it off its the level of careing they are not showing by effectively hiding it from the ele community. I used the heal for a good last night with out realizing it was the heal that was messing up not my build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYncMAt4idOA+MAM5ilGA7uS/pH1EHhZwPQIQGAihA-j1RQABRpE0XtAYpqCA7PkiyPe1B0saFAA-w

The fix may take time but this is just an out right install to the ele players by not giving them any type of heads up.

> > @demonsmind.4327 said:

> > current wvw build, it's kinda all over the place but ima trying to find a happy medium of sustain and damage output probably better setups but I make do with what I have atm.

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMA94idOAGOAM5ilTAroEMA/A3l508bmYCEAWAA-jlCXQBEQJBTUfZgqQ0QlBPTJYCUKIMlI5TPAAUCRq9HIFwoKjA-w

>

> Hey Demonsmind, I like what your doing with the regeneration and condition cleanses. I think your on to something here, it just needs fleshing out a little bit more. Burst heals might be an issue and Spellbreakers/Scourges will be your worst enemies' for the boon corruption and removal. Without your regeneration you might be rather vulnerable. Apart from that other elites than those previously mentioned might have a hard time taking you down. You also might find it hard to solo down other players, for lack of both condition or power damage burst attacks. But I wish you luck and thank you for your helpful start to a possibly fun build to try out in WvW.

>

> Many thanks for participating in the discussion about Weavers and for your time spent making a build it was much appreciated. Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

yeah theirs more testing to be done that's for sure, have been waiting to test a tweaked version of the previous version buuut the signet of restoration has yet to enabled so have to wait abit more.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMA94ilNAGOAM5ilTA7uMnmfzFTxB4Hg4AEAWAA-jVzHQBBRJhRUKkI1VAqKEf7EAAgHAQ42fwdqEYT9AKVZw/Ui0DlQMUJIpAGVZE-w

> @Jski.6180 said:

> > Hey Jski, yeah there is an oddity with the Signet of Restoration you will need to give those developers a little time to find a hot fix for it. The devs are aware and working on it. So we just need to relax, stay calm and be patient for it to come back.

> >

> > If your finding it is the only heal that works for you on Weaver perhaps test out some other heals, if that doesn't work out then perhaps stop playing competitive modes until the fix arrives. Possibly even play some more of PoF you are yet to explore or start with another elite just to experiment. This way you will learn how to combat them with your Weaver.

> >

> > Cheers Jski it will be fixed in due time, I am not worried about it because I know the best teams at Arenanet are on it, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> >

> >

>

> Nothing to do with them cutting it off its the level of careing they are not showing by effectively hiding it from the ele community. I used the heal for a good last night with out realizing it was the heal that was messing up not my build.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYncMAt4idOA+MAM5ilGA7uS/pH1EHhZwPQIQGAihA-j1RQABRpE0XtAYpqCA7PkiyPe1B0saFAA-w

>

> The fix may take time but this is just an out right install to the ele players by not giving them any type of heads up.

Hey Jski or any of the Devs, any update on the Signet of Restoration troubles?

Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

By the way I also wanted to say thanks to my fellow Weavers who may have watched my video, 1500 views that seems crazy to me as I have less than five subs. I am very grateful for all the support. I had a lot of fun making my first ever you tube video.

> @"Aether McLoud.1975" said:

> > Still no update on the Signet of Restoration yet anyone?

> >

> > From a patiently waiting Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> It's already active again since yesterday...

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/181069/#Comment_181069

Ah Sweet thanks Aether McLoud, for the update that Signet of Restoration is now enabled again. Cheers bud it was much appreciated now I can get back to doing some WvW on my Weaver.

Oh if anyone has a WvW build they know that works I would really like some help because my gear needs an update and I could use the advice and help on what to go with because at the moment I am not having much success. Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42 as it would be much appreciated.

> @demonsmind.4327 said:

> > > @demonsmind.4327 said:

> > > current wvw build, it's kinda all over the place but ima trying to find a happy medium of sustain and damage output probably better setups but I make do with what I have atm.

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMA94idOAGOAM5ilTAroEMA/A3l508bmYCEAWAA-jlCXQBEQJBTUfZgqQ0QlBPTJYCUKIMlI5TPAAUCRq9HIFwoKjA-w

> >

> > Hey Demonsmind, I like what your doing with the regeneration and condition cleanses. I think your on to something here, it just needs fleshing out a little bit more. Burst heals might be an issue and Spellbreakers/Scourges will be your worst enemies' for the boon corruption and removal. Without your regeneration you might be rather vulnerable. Apart from that other elites than those previously mentioned might have a hard time taking you down. You also might find it hard to solo down other players, for lack of both condition or power damage burst attacks. But I wish you luck and thank you for your helpful start to a possibly fun build to try out in WvW.

> >

> > Many thanks for participating in the discussion about Weavers and for your time spent making a build it was much appreciated. Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> yeah theirs more testing to be done that's for sure, have been waiting to test a tweaked version of the previous version buuut the signet of restoration has yet to enabled so have to wait abit more.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYncMA94ilNAGOAM5ilTA7uMnmfzFTxB4Hg4AEAWAA-jVzHQBBRJhRUKkI1VAqKEf7EAAgHAQ42fwdqEYT9AKVZw/Ui0DlQMUJIpAGVZE-w

IMO Aquamancer training is better if you will play with only 1 cantrip. Permanent reduced recharge on water skills (Riptide and cleansing wave) + bonus dmg above 90% hp vs vigor+regen each 40 sec. Reduced recharge on riptide is just too good to skip on. For me its like a dmg+insta heal+ dodge roll + regen + cleaning a condi (2 total with the regen)+ field. 9.5s cd? Yes please! If you do the math for 40 sec cd on the cantrip u can cast riptide 4 times.

> What are some of your Weavers favorite weapon choices? Which work or don't at the moment?

>

> Any discussion or advice would be appreciated as I have only really tinkered with Sword and dagger plus staff so far. Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

I'm loving the sword as a hybrid spec. I just love, what I'm now calling the mini-overload that is primordial stance when you fully attuned to fire or earth.

Played with scepter alot (lightning road) with power gear until I got decent condi gear. This one has great burst dmg, but is not very efficient when you need to cleave due to air#5 and earth#4 (your aoe stuns) having long CDs. And fire/air dual skill (forgot the name) does alot of damage and it looks really cool also. The scepter is really nice in an encounter when the target moves alot since most of its skills track the target.

I'm hoping they're gonna change the power on sword so I can have more viable builds for it. I'd live to try lightning road.

Haven't played with dagger that much. I know some people love it, but I feel like fire is too pottent and you don't get to play with the other elements.

And staff is my least favourite weapon for the spec, despite all the praise and envy it gets because of that infamous 45k dps on golem. It doesn't feel viable for most encounters. If I ever would like to play with staff, I'm gonna switch to tempest.

MrRay, Yeah staff tempest was pretty cool I played that for my support role for awhile it was great just after HoT released. I loved playing an auramancer :( I am sad that play style disappeard. But don't get me wrong Weaver is cool and fun to watch or play. Cheers for the post MrRay. Many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> MrRay, Yeah staff tempest was pretty cool I played that for my support role for awhile it was great just after HoT released. I loved playing an auramancer :( I am sad that play style disappeard. But don't get me wrong Weaver is cool and fun to watch or play. Cheers for the post MrRay. Many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Hey all, it took me a bit but now I am really digging my Weaver. I am finally getting the hang or grips of the sword skills. Two skills are movement based, survival or evasion. Three skills are double attune based and focus on barrier. I know it took me long enough but many new Weaver may have not worked it out yet. I really enjoyed the fluidity of movement and jousting based fight style. Although that may be the reason why I don't see many Spvp Weavers, as there is not enough room to move. Therefore that is why you see a few roaming WvW Weavers. Keep up the build people other Weavers and I need your help, trust me we do!

I'm running this now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsIWYBMiEwBIAcnl7yn5iNQ+rCA-j1BEQBI8EA8U1fEkSQto8rP6BAwDAwO7PEA4A48mHAaemn5n/+7lCIwxAA-w

Started as full Celestial, but has gravitated this way. I switch the Weaver traits around based on the potential for condi hatred. I agree sword needs an uptune and we need more gap closers, but otherwise it makes for a great bruiser type of gameplay. You really have to work for it, but there's potential. I've been making Spellbreakers and Thieves give up and run at about 20% health. Frustrating to not have the burst or chase to finish them, but maybe that'll change. I'm finding my best bet is to get some condi stacks on them when they're low and hope they have nothing left to deal with them. Despite having ridiculous condi clears available Scourge and condi Mirage are still a real issue, but I don't know who they're not an issue for. Condition stacks bursting like power is just, well......you know.

I don't really miss cantrips, but I can't give up Lightning Flash yet given our limited mobility. I can't overemphasize, in my opinion anyhow, the importance of Primordial Stance and Weave Self in the build. They bring powerful bonuses to both damage and defense. In the hybrid sense pulsing Primordial Stance in Fire and Earth brings great condition pressure, pulsing in Air is max vulnerability stacks in 4 seconds, and pulsed in Water is soft cc and traited is superspeed>regen>condition clear.

One other thing that's severely lacking is a source of stability without Armor of Earth. Getting at least some on pulsed Primordial Stance in Earth would be great, even if you have to trait it.

Until the new combos are easier to get i am not sure how well we can make builds for weaver. Something like Marshal combo seems super important for the weaver class but they are very hard to find out side of exotic and legendarily.

There also the lack of the balance update at this point that most ppl though was coming this update that realy set back build ideals. With no ETA on any of these things builds are kind of up in the air.