Draconis Mons

What region does it belong to? Recently all LW3 and LW4 maps were added to local regions, which means that certain core Daily Achievement can be completed in them.

Like Kryta Vista Viewer can be completed in Lake Doric, as it now counts as part of Kryta. Draconis Mons however doesnt count for anything, which is strange as it rests in-between Ember Bay and Dragon's Stand both of which count as Heart of Maguuma. I know that it belongs by lore to the Ring of Fire region which has no core, HoT or PoF maps, but Ember Bay is also part of the Ring of Fire yet it does count as Heart of Maguuma region for Daily Achievements.

[Full list of zones](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone). You can sort by "geographic" or "mechanical" region.

Draconis Mons belongs to the [Ring of Fire](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ring_of_Fire), which is part of LS3 and therefore its XP counts towards HoT Masteries. There are no global "dailies" that can be completed there, only the local-to-zone ones.

_added_

"Heart of Maguuma" is the region name ANet gave to the core HoT zones. I find it more than a little confusing that we have...

* Maguuma Jungle

* Maguuma Wastes

* Heart of Maguuma

I wish ANet had been more creative naming the regions to reduce ambiguity.

Lake Doric has been Kryta (for dailies, not XP) and Bitterfrost has been Shiverpeaks since they launched. It's not recent.

They're all aligned based on proximity:

Bloodstone Fen - adjacent to VB, so Heart of Maguuma

Bitterfrost - adjacent to Frostgorge, so Shiverpeaks

Lake Doric - adjacent to DR, Queensdale and Harathi, so Kryta

Siren's Landing - adjacent to Straights of Devastation, so Orr

Ember Bay and Draconis Mons aren't actually adjacent to anything, so they're their own thing.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> [Full list of zones](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone). You can sort by "geographic" or "mechanical" region.

>

> Draconis Mons belongs to the [Ring of Fire](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ring_of_Fire), which is part of LS3 and therefore its XP counts towards HoT Masteries. There are no global "dailies" that can be completed there, only the local-to-zone ones.

>

> ****

> _added_

> "Heart of Maguuma" is the region name ANet gave to the core HoT zones. I find it more than a little confusing that we have...

> * Maguuma Jungle

> * Maguuma Wastes

> * Heart of Maguuma

>

> I wish ANet had been more creative naming the regions to reduce ambiguity.

Well let's not forget that originally 'Heart of Maguuma' was 'Magus Falls' but it got confusing because HoT referred to Mordrem being in the 'Maguuma Jungle' which isn't the same as the Asuran/Sylvari starting areas.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Lake Doric has been Kryta (for dailies, not XP) and Bitterfrost has been Shiverpeaks since they launched. It's not recent.

>

> They're all aligned based on proximity:

> Bloodstone Fen - adjacent to VB, so Heart of Maguuma

> Bitterfrost - adjacent to Frostgorge, so Shiverpeaks

> Lake Doric - adjacent to DR, Queensdale and Harathi, so Kryta

> Siren's Landing - adjacent to Straights of Devastation, so Orr

>

> Ember Bay and Draconis Mons aren't actually adjacent to anything, so they're their own thing.

Ember Bay counts for the Heart of Maguuma gathering/vista dailies. Very handy if you have the Ember Bay portal scroll as the vista is just south of your arrival point.

Draconis Mons is the only one which doesn't have a region at all

> @"Tyger.1637" said:

> Well let's not forget that originally 'Heart of Maguuma' was 'Magus Falls' but it got confusing because HoT referred to Mordrem being in the 'Maguuma Jungle' which isn't the same as the Asuran/Sylvari starting areas.

I would have preferred that level of confusion, which most people didn't notice. Whereas it's frequent that people wonder about which Maguuma counts for what. It shouldn't take visiting the wiki to clarify the there's no chance that Draconis Mons is considered "Heart of Maguuma" even if it's part of the LS3 attached to HoT.

> Ember Bay and Draconis Mons aren't actually adjacent to anything, so they're their own thing.

They are near each other, in Ring of Fire, its own region.

> Ember Bay counts for the Heart of Maguuma gathering/vista dailies. Very handy if you have the Ember Bay portal scroll as the vista is just south of your arrival point.

If you've verified that recently, can you leave a note on the wiki? The [Zone article](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone) seems to think it's "Ring of Fire."

I know it was true in 2016, but I thought maybe that changed around when Draconis Mons was added. Cool tip.

> Draconis Mons is the only one which doesn't have a region at all

It is in Ring of Fire. Or maybe you mean it doesn't have a region that is part of a daily gathering.

> @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > [Full list of zones](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zone). You can sort by "geographic" or "mechanical" region.

> >

> > Draconis Mons belongs to the [Ring of Fire](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ring_of_Fire), which is part of LS3 and therefore its XP counts towards HoT Masteries. There are no global "dailies" that can be completed there, only the local-to-zone ones.

> >

> > ****

> > _added_

> > "Heart of Maguuma" is the region name ANet gave to the core HoT zones. I find it more than a little confusing that we have...

> > * Maguuma Jungle

> > * Maguuma Wastes

> > * Heart of Maguuma

> >

> > I wish ANet had been more creative naming the regions to reduce ambiguity.

>

> Well let's not forget that originally 'Heart of Maguuma' was 'Magus Falls' but it got confusing because HoT referred to Mordrem being in the 'Maguuma Jungle' which isn't the same as the Asuran/Sylvari starting areas.

>

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > Lake Doric has been Kryta (for dailies, not XP) and Bitterfrost has been Shiverpeaks since they launched. It's not recent.

> >

> > They're all aligned based on proximity:

> > Bloodstone Fen - adjacent to VB, so Heart of Maguuma

> > Bitterfrost - adjacent to Frostgorge, so Shiverpeaks

> > Lake Doric - adjacent to DR, Queensdale and Harathi, so Kryta

> > Siren's Landing - adjacent to Straights of Devastation, so Orr

> >

> > Ember Bay and Draconis Mons aren't actually adjacent to anything, so they're their own thing.

>

> Ember Bay counts for the Heart of Maguuma gathering/vista dailies. Very handy if you have the Ember Bay portal scroll as the vista is just south of your arrival point.

>

> Draconis Mons is the only one which doesn't have a region at all

Hm, interesting, I'll have to try this!

(And apologies for not researching enough before answering!)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > I've definitely done Heart of Maguuma dailies in Ember Bay recently. Can't speak as to Draconis Mons.

>

> Good to know. I'll try that in both zones next time it comes up.

>

> ANet Consistency™ :anguished:

Draconis Mons definitely doesn't. Tried for Heart of Maguuma and Maguuma Jungle dailies and it doesn't count for either (and correct; I mean gathering region earlier).