Matches appear pure random

Ithilwen.1529

I kind of agree, and even though the top players I (very unwelcoming) get in queue usually point out key mistakes from either team when I ask them, that is, when not cursing my whole family tree for making them lose 10+ positions, it still seems random and it still seems justified that everyone gets so mad at the extremely skewed matches. I see no other solution to this other than more population and I see no way of fixing the population issue without something radical like (gasp) increasing the number of people on the PvP team and actually promoting rated (not necessarily ranked) matches of different modes like 3vs3 or even full blown 10v10 deathmatches. It's even worse that Stronghold had potential but is stuck for years with a single map that gets no attention at all, even though it is a guild mission (OH WAIT guild missions are also forsaken content).

In fact, Anet has a long story of abandoning content and it just seems like PvP is abandoned by design. They keep claiming it's better to develop newer, fresher stuff but to me that just seems like the planning was made solely by a hyperactive drugged kid that excels at playing Tracer in Overwatch and can't stand to look back to his/her previous decisions of 10 seconds ago. A world as big and a game as old naturally collapses somewhat when no polish is made, and no-polish is becoming Anet's trademark lately with their decision of focusing entirely on Living World+Raids+Fractals without the possibility of ever seriously revisiting old content. They even claim that some improvements like what to put in bank tabs are done exclusively with developer "free time" or "extra time" which is nothing short of scary to me as someone who does work with managing companies' time.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> I kind of agree, and even though the top players I (very unwelcoming) get in queue usually point out key mistakes from either team when I ask them, that is, when not cursing my whole family tree for making them lose 10+ positions, it still seems random and it still seems justified that everyone gets so mad at the extremely skewed matches. I see no other solution to this other than more population and I see no way of fixing the population issue without something radical like (gasp) increasing the number of people on the PvP team and actually promoting rated (not necessarily ranked) matches of different modes like 3vs3 or even full blown 10v10 deathmatches. It's even worse that Stronghold had potential but is stuck for years with a single map that gets no attention at all, even though it is a guild mission (OH WAIT guild missions are also forsaken content).

>

> In fact, Anet has a long story of abandoning content and it just seems like PvP is abandoned by design. They keep claiming it's better to develop newer, fresher stuff but to me that just seems like the planning was made solely by a hyperactive drugged kid that excels at playing Tracer in Overwatch and can't stand to look back to his/her previous decisions of 10 seconds ago. A world as big and a game as old naturally collapses somewhat when no polish is made, and no-polish is becoming Anet's trademark lately with their decision of focusing entirely on Living World+Raids+Fractals without the possibility of ever seriously revisiting old content. They even claim that some improvements like what to put in bank tabs are done exclusively with developer "free time" or "extra time" which is nothing short of scary to me as someone who does work with managing companies' time.

Your post in incredibly insightful. I agree 100%. We need other rated modes to achieve the same results (2v2, 3v3, 10v10). I think this whole node capturing idea is great, but it hasn't received a breath of life since its' inception. In addition, the balance problems get compounded by direct skill-related unbalance (platinum fighting bronze players). It's a complex issue with no real fix available. However, offering MORE options would certainly be a buffer.

I'm at 1582 right now, been hanging around there all season. I think I've seen just one blowout match this season, the rest were much closer (losing team above 350, usually above 400). It might have more to do with the volatility of your mmr bracket than the season itself.

That being said, low population will only make that worse.

> @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> Matches naturally feel random if you don’t understand what plays are game-changing (for the good or bad) nor do you recognize when you make such a play.

This. Learn how to compensate for your team. Record your games, re-watch them.

Can't tell you how many times I've rewatched gameplay and thought "wow I can't believe I didn't do this in that situation."

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > Matches naturally feel random if you don’t understand what plays are game-changing (for the good or bad) nor do you recognize when you make such a play.

>

> This. Learn how to compensate for your team. Record your games, re-watch them.

>

> Can't tell you how many times I've rewatched gameplay and thought "wow I can't believe I didn't do this in that situation."

That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > Matches naturally feel random if you don’t understand what plays are game-changing (for the good or bad) nor do you recognize when you make such a play.

> >

> > This. Learn how to compensate for your team. Record your games, re-watch them.

> >

> > Can't tell you how many times I've rewatched gameplay and thought "wow I can't believe I didn't do this in that situation."

>

> That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

It's exciting if you find it exciting, it's not if you don't. Regardless of opinion, watching tape is the best way to improve. Look at the NFL. Based off my time working for the Buffalo Bills, I can tell you watching tape was like THE measurement of how much you cared outside of practice/actually playing. Granted, I know it's not a job, but if you care about winning, you'll do little things to help yourself improve.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > Matches naturally feel random if you don’t understand what plays are game-changing (for the good or bad) nor do you recognize when you make such a play.

> > >

> > > This. Learn how to compensate for your team. Record your games, re-watch them.

> > >

> > > Can't tell you how many times I've rewatched gameplay and thought "wow I can't believe I didn't do this in that situation."

> >

> > That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

>

> It's exciting if you find it exciting, it's not if you don't. Regardless of opinion, watching tape is the best way to improve. Look at the NFL. Based off my time working for the Buffalo Bills, I can tell you watching tape was like THE measurement of how much you cared outside of practice/actually playing. Granted, I know it's not a job, but if you care about winning, you'll do little things to help yourself improve.

That’s under the assumption certain players want to get better, when all they want are rewards without having to improve.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > Matches naturally feel random if you don’t understand what plays are game-changing (for the good or bad) nor do you recognize when you make such a play.

> > > >

> > > > This. Learn how to compensate for your team. Record your games, re-watch them.

> > > >

> > > > Can't tell you how many times I've rewatched gameplay and thought "wow I can't believe I didn't do this in that situation."

> > >

> > > That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

> >

> > It's exciting if you find it exciting, it's not if you don't. Regardless of opinion, watching tape is the best way to improve. Look at the NFL. Based off my time working for the Buffalo Bills, I can tell you watching tape was like THE measurement of how much you cared outside of practice/actually playing. Granted, I know it's not a job, but if you care about winning, you'll do little things to help yourself improve.

>

> That’s under the assumption certain players want to get better, when all they want are rewards without having to improve.

And in the case of our current environment, just wanting to complain because they ARE losing. But I completely agree.

I only pop on forums to try to be a counter opinion to people who just want the game to be as easy as "I press button > I win PvP match > I get legendary weapons," or "I pressed all my buttons, I should never have to dodge."

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > Matches naturally feel random if you don’t understand what plays are game-changing (for the good or bad) nor do you recognize when you make such a play.

> > > > >

> > > > > This. Learn how to compensate for your team. Record your games, re-watch them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can't tell you how many times I've rewatched gameplay and thought "wow I can't believe I didn't do this in that situation."

> > > >

> > > > That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

> > >

> > > It's exciting if you find it exciting, it's not if you don't. Regardless of opinion, watching tape is the best way to improve. Look at the NFL. Based off my time working for the Buffalo Bills, I can tell you watching tape was like THE measurement of how much you cared outside of practice/actually playing. Granted, I know it's not a job, but if you care about winning, you'll do little things to help yourself improve.

> >

> > That’s under the assumption certain players want to get better, when all they want are rewards without having to improve.

>

> And in the case of our current environment, just wanting to complain because they ARE losing. But I completely agree.

>

> I only pop on forums to try to be a counter opinion to people who just want the game to be as easy as "I press button > I win PvP match > I get legendary weapons," or "I pressed all my buttons, I should never have to dodge."

Yeah, a lot of people don’t want to put any effort into improving and just Q up and collect rewards, and will try to get anything removed that they can’t do or have a hard time with.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> My matches today have all been blowouts one way or the other. It feels like I just flip a coin, queue at the right time, get a win.

It's beginning to become annoying seeing you attempt to use the PvP sub-forum as a medium for you to vent. I don't see anything of any real content in your statements. Just complaints.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> Carry **HARDER**

>

> > That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

>

> Didn't you just say you liked bunker meta?

I dont see how this is mutually exclusive

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > Carry **HARDER**

> >

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

> >

> > Didn't you just say you liked bunker meta?

>

> I dont see how this is mutually exclusive

The defining factor of the bunker meta was boring on point rotations.

I find it ironic that you'd tolerate and even prefer the bunker meta and yet be immediately bored by the prospect of spectating for research, is what I'm getting at.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > Carry **HARDER**

> > >

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > That sounds very boring and I doubt I would ever do this. I cant even watch other people play for more than a minute without being bored

> > >

> > > Didn't you just say you liked bunker meta?

> >

> > I dont see how this is mutually exclusive

>

> The defining factor of the bunker meta was boring on point rotations.

> I find it ironic that you'd tolerate and even prefer the bunker meta and yet be immediately bored by the prospect of spectating for research, is what I'm getting at.

>

Because it's easier for rewards. That's what those folks want.