Scorpion Wire

Straegen.2938

What a horrible skill that is nearly 6 years old. 50% of the time it doesn't land when it should. 20% of the time it only knocks a foe down. 10% of the time it pulls the thief to the target which is often an insta death. Basically the skill works 20% of the time.

The general belief for a long time was that pulls like this were buggy because of the odd pathing bugs. Along comes the DH and SpellBreaker pulls which work significantly better and both can suck a player right through a door in WvW. I was using a Shadow Trap teleport while tethered and got pulled what felt like half a map away. How is Scorp Wire skill STILL borked especially considering it is a release day skill? Just make it work like the DH pull and mission accomplished.

The lamest part of the skill is that ANet didn't license "Get Over Here!" when it is used greatly limiting its fun factor. I have to yell it myself... often to sad results when I yell "Get Over There!" when I pull myself into their mob on a reflect.

Biggest joke/insult was when they reworked the Engi's Tool Kit Magnet through 2015...

>*September 29, 2015*

>Updated Magnet to allow it to pull a target the full distance to you if the target was near maximum range.

>*December 15, 2015*

>Fixed a bug that was causing this skill to fail when first pulling an enemy into combat.

Meanwhile, Scorpion Wire still falls very, very largely behind... It's gimmicky at most already, really needs some QoL updates to it and definitely more functionality...

Frankly, I actually agree with Sir Vincent for a change, having it work like our Spears' Tow Line would be quite great... With the increased CD, a 1200 range 'Pull' would still be very applicable to Scorpion Wire.

> @"Vornollo.5182" said:

> Biggest joke/insult was when they reworked the Engi's Tool Kit Magnet through 2015...

> >*September 29, 2015*

> >Updated Magnet to allow it to pull a target the full distance to you if the target was near maximum range.

> >*December 15, 2015*

> >Fixed a bug that was causing this skill to fail when first pulling an enemy into combat.

>

> Meanwhile, Scorpion Wire still falls very, very largely behind... It's gimmicky at most already, really needs some QoL updates to it and definitely more functionality...

> Frankly, I actually agree with Sir Vincent for a change, having it work like our Spears' Tow Line would be quite great... With the increased CD, a 1200 range 'Pull' would still be very applicable to Scorpion Wire.

When flipping a tower there one of those NPC defenders that has a pull. It does not fail to work. I see no reason Scorpion wire not fixed.

I know that there's like 0 of you guys that PvE, but in the Queen's Gauntlet, the arena that is literally completely flat, if you stand near the wall and cast scorpion wire, you get an "Obstructed" message. In the guild arena, I also sometimes get "Obstructed" message.

Basically I hate it quite a lot, and probably more a projectile problem than Scorpion Wire itself. But so far, it seems OK in pulling people. I haven't seen it fail where it just knocks down where someone is for like a half second for quite a while now.

> @"Platanos.8107" said:

> I know that there's like 0 of you guys that PvE, but in the Queen's Gauntlet, the arena that is literally completely flat, if you stand near the wall and cast scorpion wire, you get an "Obstructed" message. In the guild arena, I also sometimes get "Obstructed" message.

>

Gee thanks, here's two cents coming from the "0 of you guys".

> Basically I hate it quite a lot, and probably more a projectile problem than Scorpion Wire itself. But so far, it seems OK in pulling people. I haven't seen it fail where it just knocks down where someone is for like a half second for quite a while now.

Queen's Gauntlet was built half-fast that is littered with bugs. It was built during the time when they were trying to push out content every 2 weeks. Of course as expected, they are not polished and were of very poor quality. With that said, I personally won't blame Scorpion Wire not working properly in that area.

Scorpion Wire has its own problems, but "Obstructed" isn't one of them, that's an unpolished map issue.

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"Vornollo.5182" said:

> > Biggest joke/insult was when they reworked the Engi's Tool Kit Magnet through 2015...

> > >*September 29, 2015*

> > >Updated Magnet to allow it to pull a target the full distance to you if the target was near maximum range.

> > >*December 15, 2015*

> > >Fixed a bug that was causing this skill to fail when first pulling an enemy into combat.

> >

> > Meanwhile, Scorpion Wire still falls very, very largely behind... It's gimmicky at most already, really needs some QoL updates to it and definitely more functionality...

> > Frankly, I actually agree with Sir Vincent for a change, having it work like our Spears' Tow Line would be quite great... With the increased CD, a 1200 range 'Pull' would still be very applicable to Scorpion Wire.

>

> When flipping a tower there one of those NPC defenders that has a pull. It does not fail to work. I see no reason Scorpion wire not fixed.

Those npc pulls are nuts - clearly the most op pull in the game hehe. Wish our pulls were reliable like that. Sometimes I question the range of their pulls.

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I ever find SW effective and actually use it, is when we are taking a keep or tower and I pull down players that are trying to disable our siege. It is extremely rewarding and funny too sometimes at hills. If lucky the pull throws them right off the cliff for an Insta death. XD

• 2 weeks later...

Scorpion wire suck on high ping. Any moving target in WvW, PVP will just report back as out or range or Obstructed .

Which is the same as Impairing dagger due to delay from skill user to the target.

So Scorpion wire is a test of mumbo jumbo coding couple with wired interaction by latency.

* Insta cast so it can be used as an interrupt (1s cooldown already)

* Increase the velocity as it is based on the 2012 projectile travel times pre-2012 range increase update

* and give it a proper arc like Ranger Longbow (not Shortbow arc since not needed) so that it can hit in uneven terrain easier

* Add a "Get over here!" verbal shout

Bonus damage for following up with Impact Strike is optional.

> @"Artaz.3819" said:

> Unfortunately, I can't imagine giving up a stunbreak for this though :/

A lot depends on what else you have in your build. As example SOA was a good to skill and in most builds but if your Precision already high it might be worth dropping for SW as while you will get that Endurance out of an SOA activated, you will get more cleanses overall on SW.

An all tricks build can give stun breaks, pulls, Ini , evades and reflects with evasion along with quickness and cleanses. I am not sure what else needed in the way of added utility if one goes the non stealth route.