provisioner tokens still suck

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > I dont think the timegate is bad. You should have started it when you started raiding

> >

> > timegate isn't the problem, the tedium of the "gameplay" is.

>

> you are describing MMOs in a nutshell. maybe its the wrong genre for you

repetition does not mean it has to be tedious.

I think perhaps you need to reevaluate your vision of gaming, and hobbies.

> @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Artemis Thuras.8795" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > I dont think the timegate is bad. You should have started it when you started raiding

> > >

> > > timegate isn't the problem, the tedium of the "gameplay" is.

> >

> > you are describing MMOs in a nutshell. maybe its the wrong genre for you

>

> repetition does not mean it has to be tedious.

> I think perhaps you need to reevaluate your vision of gaming, and hobbies.

If something repetive is tedious is in the eye of the beholder. I did this for 3 armor sets and on the lists of stuff that annoys me most this is only like number 1000 at best

Those tokens are the reason I don't have any legendary armor, despite having more than 1k LI. It's just too painful, boring and tedious. I wish I could just park my chars next to the merchants, but I need them in the aerodrome because I multiclass all week.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> Those tokens are the reason I don't have any legendary armor, despite having more than 1k LI. It's just too painful, boring and tedious. I wish I could just park my chars next to the merchants, but I need them in the aerodrome because I multiclass all week.

And because it requires rares, which can be accidentally salvaged/sold, AND don't stack ( so stashing them in invisible bags isn't a practical solution), it makes crafting them in bulk impossible.

Provisioner tokens were implemented as a trick, to give legendary armor farmers something to do while Anet struggled with implementation of this feature. It's same trick they used for HoT masteries on release, gating them heavily behind experience grind, creating an illusion of content and depth.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Provisioner tokens were implemented as a trick, to give legendary armor farmers something to do while Anet struggled with implementation of this feature. It's same trick they used for HoT masteries on release, gating them heavily behind experience grind, creating an illusion of content and depth.

Doubtful, you could get provisioner tokens before the first raid wing was opened

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Provisioner tokens were implemented as a trick, to give legendary armor farmers something to do while Anet struggled with implementation of this feature. It's same trick they used for HoT masteries on release, gating them heavily behind experience grind, creating an illusion of content and depth.

Yes I remember very well, I did for my 1st set before the actual release (finishing to collect PTs long before said release, which was always delayed), now I would have enough LIs for another set but it's so boring that I don't have enough strenght nor patience to start PTs anew.

I've returned to the game after ~3 years, and this is hands down one of the worst systems ingame.

Every day I need to do this: 1. get items from bank/trading 2. teleport around waypoints and give items 3. place buy orders for the next day

There are numerous ways that this can be fixed but I guess they don't want to since it takes up slots and makes people buy gems or something like that.

> @"KGS.9842" said:

> I've returned to the game after ~3 years, and this is hands down one of the worst systems ingame.

> Every day I need to do this: 1. get items from bank/trading 2. teleport around waypoints and give items 3. place buy orders for the next day

>

> There are numerous ways that this can be fixed but I guess they don't want to since it takes up slots and makes people buy gems or something like that.

While the system is tedious, you are making thing additionally annoying for yourself:

1.) setup buy orders for multiple items. Yes, this will bind some additional gold, but considering the total cost of legendary armor, this is a non-issue (or should be)

2.) instead of wasting bank space, take one of your less played characters and make him your devoted token collector. Give him multiple of each item and just run through all non-event dependent provisioneer traders. Even if you only have the base 5 characters, there will always be some character which will be unused

3.) do this per map or per trader for additional convenience

> @"KGS.9842" said:

> I've returned to the game after ~3 years, and this is hands down one of the worst systems ingame.

> Every day I need to do this: 1. get items from bank/trading 2. teleport around waypoints and give items 3. place buy orders for the next day

>

> There are numerous ways that this can be fixed but I guess they don't want to since it takes up slots and makes people buy gems or something like that.

You forgot the most annoying bit: teleport in only to find out that the NPC you need is blocked off because of a meta that is currently ongoing, or just having finished and no-one has done the required “post-meta clean-up events” to unlock them again.

Tangled Depths being the absolute worst offender because it’s meta is not as popular as Auric Basin/Verdant Brink.

That's why you only visit 7 per day and start collecting early. I also don't know if crafting is the cheaper variant than buying the weapons every day from TP (haven't compared it). Back in the day when my mates and I were collecting them we did it via crafting and only the 7 guaranteed open provisioner WP. Since we have known the recipe in advance it was no deal to get the tokens before starting to craft the armor.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> > PTs are the only reason 1.3k LI are sitting in my material storage :(

>

> Sounds like laziness then and you do not deserve the armor. Take Vinceman's advice, 7 PTs can be done without unlocking the vendor. So basically no effort at all.

Oh i made the armor on day 1...just have no desire to make multiple sets. I'd much rather just play the game then AFK park characters at vendors.

On the one hand I sort of agree with the whole PT farming is boring ,and tedious. Most of the high end items in this game are put behind lazy mechanics in an a temp to fluff up the run time of the game. On the other hand if I had everything I needed to make a legendary set of raid armor aside from those PTs then hell I'd just grin ,and bare it. Of course I don't have any of the sets where as OP does which again I can see not wanting to repeat dull mechanics ,and would rather actually be playing the game.