Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

> @"Junkpile.7439" said:

> And everybody knows how this whining ends. Anet nerf soulbeast overal damage and don't even think why some players do lot's of dmg.

Because soulbeast is capable of stacking insane amounts of damage modifiers and running decent builds; while most players don't grasp how to make a proper build or how to play it.

>After that normal balanced build doesn't do kitten. Well i don't really care. I just play some other character after that. :D

Normal balanced builds always seem to refer to "non-meta special snowflake builds which ignore all kinds of optimization". You can't balance around low-end players who don't grasp counterplay nor the metagame.

>Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

Yeah I can see where you're getting those "balanced" normal builds. I'm suprised balanced nowadays means allergic to math and optimization.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Skada.1362" said:

> > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > Nah, that's exaggeration. Highest I've seen is 8.5-9k. Still, that's getting pretty ridiculous for an autoattack.

> > >

> > > its not an exaggeration just because you haven't seen it. www.twitch.tv/videos/273285878

> > > i've hit similar numbers using the same build he does.. 12-15k longbow autos. self buffed ezpz

> >

> > :sweat_smile: Glass cannon with full buff + x Borderlands Bloodlust, is it really that surprising? I mean....certainly there are many other class can perform or even better meeting the prerequisite. Plus, the fight would've ended differently if he's not above the wall. Provide the same boons and such to spellbreaker, mirage, deadeyes etc and that druid will end up the same or running with his tail between his legs.

>

> I just stated the FACT that soulbeasts can be built to deliver 12-15k longbow auto attacks. OBVIOUSLY you'd have to be a glass cannon to achieve this i mean.. how is that not obvious guys come on..

> Using that build you simply press 3 buttons voila you now have 25 stacks of might, and stacking 25 bloodlust stacks isnt that hard now is it?

:smile: Agree with your fact. Just not that surprising to me, probably some players got curious after going against some soulbeast they encountered or stumbled across a discussion made in Ranger's Forum couple months back(April?) and they saw a possibility for it to be put in use. The recent nerf on Scourge might have also made some players to look for alternatives class to play. Question is; Why now? the build or any build close to it that is able to deliver the damage is something common for ages at least in my WvW match-ups. Was used for PvE but it wasn't as popular because it isn't a META build.

Let's talk about the potential nerf. Longbow for rangers was never popular or liked in WvW (hardly have a role). I don't know how other servers play but your Rangers should know Longbow hardly hurts a zerg blob. The only viable option for Longbow Ranger to be made viable in WvW is to risk it and go full glass trade-off for full damage (that's how the rangers in my tier plays) to pick off runners and enemies loose from their blob with their long range. As for roaming, Soulbeast is at a good spot. Nerfing the damage (be it modifiers or skills) will risk pushing Longbow Ranger off the cliff, streamlining Rangers to support *cough Ele... cough Scourge... wheeze*.

> "hurr murr that build iz bad because other classes would kill it ez" listen, the damage output available to soulbeasts using all kinds of damage modifiers is kinda nuts. And no, spellbreakers and mirages can't auto attack people for that amount of damage from 1800 + range. /brain

A small miscommunication, my bad. Was trying to point out any class with those same boons and buff is a potential threat, not their AA. Spell breakers have good gap close and mesmers could shatter but that's another topic.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Junkpile.7439" said:

> > And everybody knows how this whining ends. Anet nerf soulbeast overal damage and don't even think why some players do lot's of dmg.

>

> Because soulbeast is capable of stacking insane amounts of damage modifiers and running decent builds; while most players don't grasp how to make a proper build or how to play it.

>

> >After that normal balanced build doesn't do kitten. Well i don't really care. I just play some other character after that. :D

>

> Normal balanced builds always seem to refer to "non-meta special snowflake builds which ignore all kinds of optimization". You can't balance around low-end players who don't grasp counterplay nor the metagame.

>

> >Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

>

> Yeah I can see where you're getting those "balanced" normal builds. I'm suprised balanced nowadays means allergic to math and optimization.

I am pro player (ultimate dominator and i have done all EotM archievements) and i use only builds from metabattle so my build are always most meta of all builds. :)

Main necro here, had to quit and switch to roam as gurdian... roaming as necro is a joke, since a ranger can just burst you from far far away. But !! I don't want ranger to change, rather see buff to other classes, or as someone pointed out unblockable need to go, even thos necro don't have blocks xD

I don't really care so much about the damage itself but the lack of capacity to shut them down. Eating lethal from a longbow ranger that isn't popping everything generally implies some degree of misplay.

Many opt for MMS + SoS which is an extended window of invuln when combined with stealth access and the safe range that longbow already gets.

Conversely, having so much unblockable uptime on Soulbeast is a problem on classes that need to utilize limited blocks or projectile destruction to survive, like reaper with Shroud 2.

Granted without it the ranger wouldn't be able to kill any guardian, would struggle massively into most engis, and couldn't do much into warrior, either... which I think is a greater set of problems that need to be fixed first.

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > Take a black bear, 4 sources of power immunity + you can also use stances for condition immunity.

> >

> > I'm not saying it's not possible to get it, but be honest; how many people take bears, let alone a black bear. Brown bear *maybe*. Nobody uses black bear.

> > Not to mention most people don't take MMS for stoneform, so again that's null. Also dolyak form only grants immunity to imobil, cripple and chill. No conditions that actually do damage, so nope

I use black bear... It's awsome for roaming when you face off against a Spellbreaker, Burst DH, Power Ranger, Power Mesmer, Power Thief, Holosmiths, Revs and so on and you can charge in to a zerg with it for easy kills on the push lol or take an Arctodus for the Defy pain AND the Worldly impact which is super fun to 1vzerg with, you'll get atleast 1-2 kills before the zerg kills you for it.

Also... Managed to get higher numbers than 40k

![](https://i.imgur.com/IkTqmop.jpg?1 "")

I don't even use all the damage multipliers from Marksmanship, my trait line is mid mid bot for that one so more focused on Longbow damage.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > Take a black bear, 4 sources of power immunity + you can also use stances for condition immunity.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying it's not possible to get it, but be honest; how many people take bears, let alone a black bear. Brown bear *maybe*. Nobody uses black bear.

> > > Not to mention most people don't take MMS for stoneform, so again that's null. Also dolyak form only grants immunity to imobil, cripple and chill. No conditions that actually do damage, so nope

>

> I use black bear... It's awsome for roaming when you face off against a Spellbreaker, Burst DH, Power Ranger, Power Mesmer, Power Thief, Holosmiths, Revs and so on and you can charge in to a zerg with it for easy kills on the push lol or take an Arctodus for the Defy pain AND the Worldly impact which is super fun to 1vzerg with, you'll get atleast 1-2 kills before the zerg kills you for it.

>

> Also... Managed to get higher numbers than 40k

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/IkTqmop.jpg?1 "")

>

>

> I don't even use all the damage multipliers from Marksmanship, my trait line is mid mid bot for that one so more focused on Longbow damage.

You're one of the few then.

I'll just chime that lords have breakbars, which when broken allows for some ridiculous damage numbers. I've had easy 10k OWPacks and non buffed 15k LRShots against broken breakbar champs. Its absolutely nuts, but i don't think you can count it as realistic max hits tbh.

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > Take a black bear, 4 sources of power immunity + you can also use stances for condition immunity.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not saying it's not possible to get it, but be honest; how many people take bears, let alone a black bear. Brown bear *maybe*. Nobody uses black bear.

> > > > Not to mention most people don't take MMS for stoneform, so again that's null. Also dolyak form only grants immunity to imobil, cripple and chill. No conditions that actually do damage, so nope

> >

> > I use black bear... It's awsome for roaming when you face off against a Spellbreaker, Burst DH, Power Ranger, Power Mesmer, Power Thief, Holosmiths, Revs and so on and you can charge in to a zerg with it for easy kills on the push lol or take an Arctodus for the Defy pain AND the Worldly impact which is super fun to 1vzerg with, you'll get atleast 1-2 kills before the zerg kills you for it.

> >

> > Also... Managed to get higher numbers than 40k

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/IkTqmop.jpg?1 "")

> >

> >

> > I don't even use all the damage multipliers from Marksmanship, my trait line is mid mid bot for that one so more focused on Longbow damage.

>

> You're one of the few then.

>

> I'll just chime that lords have breakbars, which when broken allows for some ridiculous damage numbers. I've had easy 10k OWPacks and non buffed 15k LRShots against broken breakbar champs. Its absolutely nuts, but i don't think you can count it as realistic max hits tbh.

I still hit players for twice thier health bar... round 33 to 42k depending on class and build.

as for maximizing damage its a game to me for now, will try to break the 100k mark on my weekend tomorrow as I wasnt aware of the damage increase after the break bar is depleted so with your insight it should be rather easy... I hope, Might have to use a bloodlust sigil and bring a warrior friend for power increase off traits and a banner

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > I've been playing zerker soulbeast and using the trinkets with 18 vitality attached to them but more specifically the build that hit for 60k in sPvP...

> > My numbers only get to about 50-55k though on tower lords so haven't quite perfected the build yet....

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/bamNDWI.jpg "")

> >

> > While yes it's completely overpowered in some aspects, the rest is utterly useless against any player worth his salt... Not only that but to get the damage amplification costs quite a bit of set up or using cool downs so if you end up missing the burst hit, you're pretty much screwed.

> > Conditions too, slight bit of sustained condition pressure and it's all over.

> >

> > The burst set up is pretty obvious too not sure how others do it but as I said, there's a bit of a set up:

> > Strength of the Pack > Merge with pet mid animation > Barrage if theres a few enemies or Rapid Fire if only a single target > Hunters shot > Switch weapon while arrow is still in flight > We Heal As One to double the might stack > Sick Em > Maul > Worldy Impact (traited for taunt on beast skills)

> >

> >

> >

> > _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> >

> > I won't comment on the other builds as I only play zerker soul beast or druid trapper.

>

> so kinda like this set up?

>

>

>

I laughed

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > Take a black bear, 4 sources of power immunity + you can also use stances for condition immunity.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not saying it's not possible to get it, but be honest; how many people take bears, let alone a black bear. Brown bear *maybe*. Nobody uses black bear.

> > > > > Not to mention most people don't take MMS for stoneform, so again that's null. Also dolyak form only grants immunity to imobil, cripple and chill. No conditions that actually do damage, so nope

> > >

> > > I use black bear... It's awsome for roaming when you face off against a Spellbreaker, Burst DH, Power Ranger, Power Mesmer, Power Thief, Holosmiths, Revs and so on and you can charge in to a zerg with it for easy kills on the push lol or take an Arctodus for the Defy pain AND the Worldly impact which is super fun to 1vzerg with, you'll get atleast 1-2 kills before the zerg kills you for it.

> > >

> > > Also... Managed to get higher numbers than 40k

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/IkTqmop.jpg?1 "")

> > >

> > >

> > > I don't even use all the damage multipliers from Marksmanship, my trait line is mid mid bot for that one so more focused on Longbow damage.

> >

> > You're one of the few then.

> >

> > I'll just chime that lords have breakbars, which when broken allows for some ridiculous damage numbers. I've had easy 10k OWPacks and non buffed 15k LRShots against broken breakbar champs. Its absolutely nuts, but i don't think you can count it as realistic max hits tbh.

>

> I still hit players for twice thier health bar... round 33 to 42k depending on class and build.

>

> as for maximizing damage its a game to me for now, will try to break the 100k mark on my weekend tomorrow as I wasnt aware of the damage increase after the break bar is depleted so with your insight it should be rather easy... I hope, Might have to use a bloodlust sigil and bring a warrior friend for power increase off traits and a banner

Yea it's a +50% damage recieved. Couple that with WvW npc damage traits and you've got yourself a meaty punch

> > > > > > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > Take a black bear, 4 sources of power immunity + you can also use stances for condition immunity.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not saying it's not possible to get it, but be honest; how many people take bears, let alone a black bear. Brown bear *maybe*. Nobody uses black bear.

> > > > > > Not to mention most people don't take MMS for stoneform, so again that's null. Also dolyak form only grants immunity to imobil, cripple and chill. No conditions that actually do damage, so nope

> > > >

> > > > I use black bear... It's awsome for roaming when you face off against a Spellbreaker, Burst DH, Power Ranger, Power Mesmer, Power Thief, Holosmiths, Revs and so on and you can charge in to a zerg with it for easy kills on the push lol or take an Arctodus for the Defy pain AND the Worldly impact which is super fun to 1vzerg with, you'll get atleast 1-2 kills before the zerg kills you for it.

> > > >

> > > > Also... Managed to get higher numbers than 40k

> > > >

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/IkTqmop.jpg?1 "")

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't even use all the damage multipliers from Marksmanship, my trait line is mid mid bot for that one so more focused on Longbow damage.

> > >

> > > You're one of the few then.

> > >

> > > I'll just chime that lords have breakbars, which when broken allows for some ridiculous damage numbers. I've had easy 10k OWPacks and non buffed 15k LRShots against broken breakbar champs. Its absolutely nuts, but i don't think you can count it as realistic max hits tbh.

> >

> > I still hit players for twice thier health bar... round 33 to 42k depending on class and build.

> >

> > as for maximizing damage its a game to me for now, will try to break the 100k mark on my weekend tomorrow as I wasnt aware of the damage increase after the break bar is depleted so with your insight it should be rather easy... I hope, Might have to use a bloodlust sigil and bring a warrior friend for power increase off traits and a banner

>

> Yea it's a +50% damage recieved. Couple that with WvW npc damage traits and you've got yourself a meaty punch

I'm going to go for as high as possible, may have hit 93k due to that extra damage buff but we'll see tomorrow

Only issue I have with Soulbeast is Worldly Impact damage. I hear rangers denying it, stating it takes a lot to pull it off. I have seen myself and many others see how much it takes to pull off 15-20k Worldly Impact. Not much.

Just last week, a guildie of mine went creeping on a soulbeast, staying mobile and he pulls to out, essentially one shotting them (Marauder/Valk) from 20k+ HP. Total damage was around 22k from it alone. They were really quick to pull it off too and I saw their buffs and didnt pop that many buffs before blowing my guildie up.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> WvW Comunity: "Rangers are literal trash tier."

>

> Also WvW Community: "Rangers are OP as kitten. Please nerf."

>

> And people wonder why this game's balance makes no sense.

You're not wrong here. But if you're silver rank or higher, you should know by now to expect it.

> > > > > > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > Take a black bear, 4 sources of power immunity + you can also use stances for condition immunity.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not saying it's not possible to get it, but be honest; how many people take bears, let alone a black bear. Brown bear *maybe*. Nobody uses black bear.

> > > > > > Not to mention most people don't take MMS for stoneform, so again that's null. Also dolyak form only grants immunity to imobil, cripple and chill. No conditions that actually do damage, so nope

> > > >

> > > > I use black bear... It's awsome for roaming when you face off against a Spellbreaker, Burst DH, Power Ranger, Power Mesmer, Power Thief, Holosmiths, Revs and so on and you can charge in to a zerg with it for easy kills on the push lol or take an Arctodus for the Defy pain AND the Worldly impact which is super fun to 1vzerg with, you'll get atleast 1-2 kills before the zerg kills you for it.

> > > >

> > > > Also... Managed to get higher numbers than 40k

> > > >

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/IkTqmop.jpg?1 "")

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't even use all the damage multipliers from Marksmanship, my trait line is mid mid bot for that one so more focused on Longbow damage.

> > >

> > > You're one of the few then.

> > >

> > > I'll just chime that lords have breakbars, which when broken allows for some ridiculous damage numbers. I've had easy 10k OWPacks and non buffed 15k LRShots against broken breakbar champs. Its absolutely nuts, but i don't think you can count it as realistic max hits tbh.

> >

> > I still hit players for twice thier health bar... round 33 to 42k depending on class and build.

> >

> > as for maximizing damage its a game to me for now, will try to break the 100k mark on my weekend tomorrow as I wasnt aware of the damage increase after the break bar is depleted so with your insight it should be rather easy... I hope, Might have to use a bloodlust sigil and bring a warrior friend for power increase off traits and a banner

>

> Yea it's a +50% damage recieved. Couple that with WvW npc damage traits and you've got yourself a meaty punch

I don't think I can get any higher, have been trying relentlessly for a week but lots of moments to laugh at while roaming and some moments where I wanted to cry because 1-2 burns stacks was enough to kill me lmao

You really have to invest literally everything into damage to a point where that's the ONLY thing you got going on in the build, played around with other builds and gear for power roaming but every other class can either out sustain me, out damage me or out maneuver me... ended up ditching the bear for Eagle and Owl too, bear was useful and all but only in certain moments and the smokescale is way to unreliable and buggy with the relentless assault skill it shares with Rev...

Longbow Rangers should be smiter's booned by virtue of the fact that "Guy with bow and pet" is literally the worst and most boring class archetype in every RPG that includes it.

1500 range should probably have never been a thing. At least deadeyes need to root themselves in the ground in order to achieve that range. But because of the nature of WvW and specifically how gliding works in WvW Soulbeasts are able to perch onto places where they are literally unreachable by anyone not on their team and effectively unkillable and then farm free kills for free.

15k 1500 range auto attacks is just dumb. It's embarrassing to see Soulbeasts defending that and 60k Worldly Impact combos. "Glass cannon" isn't a defense. No other build in the game can come close to that type of stuff even if they go pure glass cannon.

Longbow should probably be redesigned to be a more flexible and higher skill demanding weapon toolkit in general. Literally every longbow ranger you fight on all levels of play opens the fight with Point Blank Shot > Rapid Fire. All of them. 100% of the time.

And that doesn't even mention the infinite range pet bug which is still being abused en masse by damn near every soulbeast I run across.

@"mortrialus.3062"

60k Wordly Impacts against players don't exist in WvW. Numbers that high have only been seen in the sPvP map Coliseum with the unique buffs of that map. The most a soulbeast will see in WvW will be in the 40k range, and that's only when stacking the damage modifiers from the MM traitline. Soulbeasts defending Wordly Imparct aren't defending the damage; they're worried Anet will target nerfs at the entirely wrong thing. The skill Worldly Impact itself is not an outlier; it does somewhere around 7k-13k on most soulbeast builds. The higher damage numbers are a result of the MM traits and how they interact with soulbeast traits (Live Fast automatically gives Worldly Impact a Remorseless proc because the fury is applied before the damage). Beastly Warden in BM also gives the Worldly Impact an Attack of Opportunity proc from Moment of Clarity in MM if the taunt happens to interrupt.

You'll find that most soulbeast players would gladly welcome a rework of the MM line. The minors in it are nearly useless and typically only a gimmicky one-hit build is going to be concerned about the damage modifier traits in it (likewise, any 15k autoattack longbow builds rely on MM traits to reach that damage).

Maybe there is an infinite range pet bug, personally I've never heard of it and certainly don't know how to abuse it. Likewise, I imagine that most of the soulbeasts you accuse of abusing this bug have no clue what you're talking about.

Here, someone tested how reliable pets are at hitting moving targets:

Its really funny to me you guys are citing these insanely high numbers. I have never in my life been hit that hard. idk im just not really slow to pop stunbreaks/evades or what.. but like.. how in the frick are you getting hit that hard???

Also.. for so many years now.. ranger has been basically trash. druid has always been a useless 1v1 spec that relies purely on sustain and 24/7 kiting to kill anything.

Now soulbeast works.. people start playing it.. and everyone hates it already. i get it i get it. 1500-1700 projectiles suck. but youre not getting hit for 6k. thats just a lie.

Like many people have stated, in order to have this dmg you basically need to use the MM traitline which is basically, like others have ALSO stated, a one trick pony thing.

Where is the mesmer 1shot hate? mesmers have for YEARS been able to pull off 1 shots from stealth ( stealthing for about 6-8 seconds which is a LOT of time to come from behind a wall the target couldnt possibly have foreseen ).

How are you gonna counter the 1 shots from mesmer??? gee i dont know. be lucky and dodge or something?

With rangers you have a lot of options. projectile reflect. "but they have 4 s unblockable!!" then dodge it. was that so hard? i have mained ranger since i started gw2 many years ago and hardly ever do i actually get hit by an entire rapidfire cast.

Let me make something else clear. You dont need to nerf the dmg from soulbeast generally. just need to nerf sicem. thats where 40 % of the dmg is coming from.

To recap:

Soulbeast need MM traitline and sicem to pull off those crazy numbers youre talking about. you can dodge the RF if youre not a slow poke with stunbreakers.

They also need to use sicem. what do you think the soulbeast has left after you dodge his first ( from out of combat ) rapidfire burst? **nothing**

At best they have some stab and a stone signet or two. Dodge their gs hits, bait their block/counter attack, and they have nothing. I have tried for so long to make the glassy soulbeast work, but it just doesnt for roaming. So many builds will just kill you like youre nothing. a lot of people know how to dodge the burst cus its very simple as ranger as a class is already really simple to understand. If you complain about unblockable having no animation.. then why dont you just start expecting it to be like that? EXPECT the unblockable. too many people in this game play a reactionary gameplay style. their opponent does something in the moment, they try to come up with a counter move.

You need to play in longer terms. Soulbeast popped his beastmode skills?? hes probably going to leave beastmode. beastmode has a 10 second cooldown. hes gonna swap pets and use superspeed to kite you if possible.. he might even try to stealth if he swapped to smokescale pet. what comes next? he merges with his pet and gets unblockable again. EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN.. I dont think pure DPS soulbeast is all that good. its more like a full zerker thief. 1 up kills.. but melts. altho slightly slower than a thief cus health heals and immunity. if you die to a soulbeast roamer running pure dps i have to say you either got outplayed or youre not experienced with rangers.

Oh and another thing.

Why the heck would y ou complain about rangers being OP for sniping people in zerg gameplay?? finally more people can actually play different playstyles instead of FB SB and scourge/rev combo. having diversity in gameplay styles is good. not bad.

> @"Skada.1362" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > Nah, that's exaggeration. Highest I've seen is 8.5-9k. Still, that's getting pretty ridiculous for an autoattack.

>

> its not an exaggeration just because you haven't seen it. www.twitch.tv/videos/273285878

> i've hit similar numbers using the same build he does.. 12-15k longbow autos. self buffed ezpz

huh. I stand corrected

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> Its really funny to me you guys are citing these insanely high numbers. I have never in my life been hit that hard. idk im just not really slow to pop stunbreaks/evades or what.. but like.. how in the frick are you getting hit that hard???

>

> Now soulbeast works.. people start playing it.. and everyone hates it already. i get it i get it. 1500-1700 projectiles suck. but youre not getting hit for 6k. thats just a lie.

>

That is no lie. I probably take 6k+ Long Range Shots (and 2.5k+ per-hit rapid fires) literally every time I go out in WvW. If you like, I'll post screenshots after reset tonight. That's in full Dire gear too. I imagine glass are taking 8-9k or higher per autoattack. Most people only have ~15k-20k health y'know...

> How are you gonna counter the 1 shots from mesmer??? gee i dont know. be lucky and dodge or something?

> With rangers you have a lot of options. projectile reflect. "but they have 4 s unblockable!!" then dodge it. was that so hard? i have mained ranger since i started gw2 many years ago and hardly ever do i actually get hit by an entire rapidfire cast.

>

The problem here is that you **don't know** it's unblockable until you've already used your defense. Now you've wasted a defensive skill AND taken near-lethal damage by the time you can react AND had to use both your dodges. There's no "unblockable" animation or signal on the attacks. they're just regular attacks with the usual bugged range and very fast travel time.

> Why the heck would y ou complain about rangers being OP for sniping people in zerg gameplay?? finally more people can actually play different playstyles instead of FB SB and scourge/rev combo. having diversity in gameplay styles is good. not bad.

It is possible for some aspects of the class to be OP and others UP. In a game where most people have 15-20k-ish health and a max range of 1200, no one should be able to 2-shot with autoattacks from 1.5x that range. That's just broken. Period.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> Longbow should probably be redesigned to be a more flexible and higher skill demanding weapon toolkit in general. Literally every longbow ranger you fight on all levels of play opens the fight with Point Blank Shot > Rapid Fire. All of them. 100% of the time.

Yet again Ranger is mindless garbage that's entirely predictable while also somehow so unassailable it needs to be removed from the game.

![](https://i.imgur.com/IcE5hAI.jpg "")

> @"coro.3176" said:

> The problem here is that you **don't know** it's unblockable until you've already used your defense. Now you've wasted a defensive skill AND taken near-lethal damage by the time you can react AND had to use both your dodges. There's no "unblockable" animation or signal on the attacks. they're just regular attacks with the usual bugged range and very fast travel time.

If only there were some little icon on the Ranger's bar that indicated they had the "make attacks unblockable" skill ready to go. Maybe the icon could disappear when the skill is on cooldown? What would be best is if there were a big symbol that appeared over the Ranger's head when the skill itself was activated.

Anet should probably implement these changes.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Skada.1362" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > Nah, that's exaggeration. Highest I've seen is 8.5-9k. Still, that's getting pretty ridiculous for an autoattack.

> >

> > its not an exaggeration just because you haven't seen it. www.twitch.tv/videos/273285878

> > i've hit similar numbers using the same build he does.. 12-15k longbow autos. self buffed ezpz

>

> huh. I stand corrected

>

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > Its really funny to me you guys are citing these insanely high numbers. I have never in my life been hit that hard. idk im just not really slow to pop stunbreaks/evades or what.. but like.. how in the frick are you getting hit that hard???

> >

> > Now soulbeast works.. people start playing it.. and everyone hates it already. i get it i get it. 1500-1700 projectiles suck. but youre not getting hit for 6k. thats just a lie.

> >

>

> That is no lie. I probably take 6k+ Long Range Shots (and 2.5k+ per-hit rapid fires) literally every time I go out in WvW. If you like, I'll post screenshots after reset tonight. That's in full Dire gear too. I imagine glass are taking 8-9k or higher per autoattack. Most people only have ~15k-20k health y'know...

>

> > How are you gonna counter the 1 shots from mesmer??? gee i dont know. be lucky and dodge or something?

> > With rangers you have a lot of options. projectile reflect. "but they have 4 s unblockable!!" then dodge it. was that so hard? i have mained ranger since i started gw2 many years ago and hardly ever do i actually get hit by an entire rapidfire cast.

> >

>

> The problem here is that you **don't know** it's unblockable until you've already used your defense. Now you've wasted a defensive skill AND taken near-lethal damage by the time you can react AND had to use both your dodges. There's no "unblockable" animation or signal on the attacks. they're just regular attacks with the usual bugged range and very fast travel time.

>

> > Why the heck would y ou complain about rangers being OP for sniping people in zerg gameplay?? finally more people can actually play different playstyles instead of FB SB and scourge/rev combo. having diversity in gameplay styles is good. not bad.

>

> It is possible for some aspects of the class to be OP and others UP. In a game where most people have 15-20k-ish health and a max range of 1200, no one should be able to 2-shot with autoattacks from 1.5x that range. That's just broken. Period.

>

>

Did you read the last parts of my post? i told you to start expecting it. You getting RF'd? expect it to be unblockable. if it happens so often im really astonished you havent adapted your playstyle yet. stun break, dodge once or twice if you have to.

And YES i would like screenshots cus i have never ever experienced anything like that.

Are we playing in different regions? are you NA?

People on EU dont run so glassy that they can get crit 6k by auto attacks. yes, anet stat-balance is kinda screwed up.. zerk v zerk enables 1shotting. but perhaps thats all the more reason to get yourself some sustain or anything that will keep you alive while being bursted down.