New mastery suggestion: Self-repair

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> * I can just imagine players standing in story instances for hours waiting for armor to regen before trying against the boss again, some people are going to do just that, and they're going to complain about it.

I honnestly doubt people would do that. If your armor is that mutch damaged, it's mutch faster to go out, repair, and come back in the instance, even if that means doing it all over again. That said, most instances have hidden checkpoints that allows you to come back where ou stopped. If you were at a boss, you will likely spawn just before that boss when you come back.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> * I personally actually enjoy playing new character in higher level areas and play until all my armor breaks, and wouldn't like to see that option go away, and I can't imagine this would be something with an on/off button (and I already have pact mastery maxed out, thus the above point).

I didn't know that was a thing. I suppose an on/off button would be possible, just like the autoloot mastery. I don't think that's a big deal really ^^

The entire point of damaged armor is so that there are some minor consequences of dying, but nothing complicated or onerous. The OP proposes replacing this simple system with a more complicated one, without offering anything new in terms of gameplay.

Or put it another way: if ANet is going to introduce a new core mastery (whether QoL or not), is this really the best idea for the use of those limited resources?

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> I feel like you didn't even read the whole first post...

You're right, my apology. I only read the title and the first part of the first sentence.

After reading the whole thing, I still don't see the use in this. Most people go sell stuff from their inventory frequently, and where there's a Merchant, there's usually an Anvil of Repair nearby. Wasting points on a Mastery that does auto-repair only one damaged stack in such a long time period (as you suggest) is pointless, everyone will have their whole equipment repaired by then.

> @"Offair.2563" said:

> It's meant to be a penalty even though its free of cost.

So... It's not a penalty? ^^

The whole point of armor damage is that if you die too mutch on the same encounter you'll have to stop. In others situations, having to go back to a waypoint is enough of a penalty. And I don't think that "Now you have to click there" is a good penalty gameplay anyway...

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > I feel like you didn't even read the whole first post...

>

> You're right, my apology. I only read the title and the first part of the first sentence.

>

> After reading the whole thing, I still don't see the use in this. Most people go sell stuff from their inventory frequently, and where there's a Merchant, there's usually an Anvil of Repair nearby. Wasting points on a Mastery that does auto-repair only one damaged stack in such a long time period (as you suggest) is pointless, everyone will have their whole equipment repaired by then.

Try to see it the other way around: If people are going to have their armor repaired every time they see a vendor (which usually happens way more frequently than every hour), what's the point of requiring the additional action of clicking on an anvil?

But we can't just remove armor damage, because then there's no penalty for dying a lot in a short time. So regaining our armor over time is the solution, I think.

If you think spending points on that mastery is a waste, there is absolutely no problem with that. Nothing forces you to train that mastery.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The entire point of damaged armor is so that there are some minor consequences of dying, but nothing complicated or onerous. The OP proposes replacing this simple system with a more complicated one, without offering anything new in terms of gameplay.

>

> Or put it another way: if ANet is going to introduce a new core mastery (whether QoL or not), is this really the best idea for the use of those limited resources?

>

Well, ANet already spent "limited resources" on making masteries that make you move and revive low-level players faster, and make you repair the armor of players you revive. They made a mastery for automatic loot. Heck, the entire Pact Commander mastery line is just about quality of life... If these masteries were introduced now, would you say they are a waste of resources?

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > The entire point of damaged armor is so that there are some minor consequences of dying, but nothing complicated or onerous. The OP proposes replacing this simple system with a more complicated one, without offering anything new in terms of gameplay.

> >

> > Or put it another way: if ANet is going to introduce a new core mastery (whether QoL or not), is this really the best idea for the use of those limited resources?

> >

>

> Well, ANet already spent "limited resources" on making masteries that make you move and revive low-level players faster, and make you repair the armor of players you revive. They made a mastery for automatic loot. Heck, the entire Pact Commander mastery line is just about quality of life...

I notice that you didn't address the question at all. Given the game as it exists now, do you really think this issue is among the most important QoL issues facing the game? Is a mastery the best way to address it? Will this proposal make the game more fun? Is it really the _best_ use of ANet's time, given all the other hundreds of things people would like to see tackled?

As a side note, Pact Mastery is one of the most useful lines in the game. It offers what was one of the biggest QoL requests since the game's original BETA, one that is game changing for everyone: true autolooting. It also offered mentoring (addressing the frequent request to make it easier to help new players without investing in a commander tag), a new sink for karma (plus new ways to acquire mats without the TP). Plus some minor changes added as filler: increased XP from crafting, increased crafting leveling., and sure, minor improvements to revival.

I'm not against QoL improvements. I don't think addressing lackluster features is a waste. That doesn't mean that every QoL improvement is worth doing, nor that every weak element of the game needs to be improved.