Are short people unimportant?

> @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > > > > ratsura, as they are called by everyone but asuras, are only still existing, because the other species tolerate them. The day their annoying behaviour becomes too much to bear, they will be wiped off the face of Tyria. Of course there will be some survivors. Asura kept in farms to create those delicious offspring.

> > > > > Of course there will be some survivors - the Asura.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Asura player character already invaded and took control over Tyria in an alternate dimension. The other races didnt stand a chance. Even Scarlet stole the tech the player used to wage her own war in the prime dimension.

> > > > >

> > > > > So yeah. Good luck with that.

> > > >

> > > > Scarlet, then still Ceara, was able to best all the asuran colleges. So obviously a single sylvari outthinking all the asuran best does not bode well for the pseudo-skritt.

> > > >

> > > > Even their oh-so-mighty golems can be easily deafeted by a single sylvari doing nothing but asking questions - about turtles and mothers. So.. no chance. Asura will soon be relegated to their natural role: being food.

> > >

> > > She attended and graduated from all 3 asuran colleges, but I don't remember any mention of her being better at it than the asura. It was considered exceptional, but that was because they didn't think a sylvari could do it, or that anyone would want to study with all 3 colleges.

> >

> > Not to mention the colleges are the Asuran Equivalent of High school. The real work begins with Krewe internships, and eventually getting funding for your own research project.

>

>

> so we're better than everyone else?

I believe the calibration of your notation Golem is a little bit off, and mistyping ! characters.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"Warkind.6745" said:

> > "Short troll looking race."

> >

> > Lmfao.

>

> That's what they looked like to me the first time I saw them. Now they are cooler. I worry people can't see the details on my model as easily as everyone else

That is a very reasonable and rather obvious concern, given the character model is smaller. Smaller objects are harder to see, who would have guessed. ;)

Also, every helmet that has horns or spikes will be comically oversized and their feet make some shoes look strange. Go for Norn if you want maximum advertising space for your look, go for Charr if you want to have the same space but want to 1)quit helmets and shoes all together and 2)want to wrap textures and polygons around your toon that were designed to fit humans.

As an Asura there is also a real threat, this thread hasn't mentioned yet, probabbly not to trigger any anxieties, of becoming an [Asuraball](https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+asura+ball "Asuraball") for the recreational activity of the same name. A terrible fate many Asura suffer everyday. :'(

As a member of a race that isn't an Asura on the other hand, you get to enjoy the recreational activity called [Asuraball](https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+asura+ball "Asuraball"). A fun time for friends, coming together and simply having a good time kicking the ball around a bit. B)

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> First, I love the Asura!

>

> Second, my (human) ranger is as short as possible, and she's treated just fine. I don't sense any "height discrimination" in Tyria. :)

>

> Third, welcome to the game!

There is only ASURA Overlords all others look down on us in respect and servitude... Don't make me get in my golem...

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > @"Warkind.6745" said:

> > > "Short troll looking race."

> > >

> > > Lmfao.

> >

> > That's what they looked like to me the first time I saw them. Now they are cooler. I worry people can't see the details on my model as easily as everyone else

>

> That is a very reasonable and rather obvious concern, given the character model is smaller. Smaller objects are harder to see, who would have guessed. ;)

>

> Also, every helmet that has horns or spikes will be comically oversized and their feet make some shoes look strange. Go for Norn if you want maximum advertising space for your look, go for Charr if you want to have the same space but want to 1)quit helmets and shoes all together and 2)want to wrap textures and polygons around your toon that were designed to fit humans.

>

> As an Asura there is also a real threat, this thread hasn't mentioned yet, probabbly not to trigger any anxieties, of becoming an [Asuraball](https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+asura+ball "Asuraball") for the recreational activity of the same name. A terrible fate many Asura suffer everyday. :'(

>

> As a member of a race that isn't an Asura on the other hand, you get to enjoy the recreational activity called [Asuraball](https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+asura+ball "Asuraball"). A fun time for friends, coming together and simply having a good time kicking the ball around a bit. B)

Thank you

> I wanted to pick a new race for toon. I forget the name there is a very short troll looking race. I worry that people will think I am not as important because I am not as tall as everyone else. I know it sounds silly. Honestly I'm afraid that I will not be considered equal because I am shorter. Is this normal or is this silly

This is one of the most cringeworthy topics I've ever seen on this forum. You're embarrassing.