Mirage condi how to setup it in spvp

EUmad.7645

How to setup mirage condi for spvp. I am trying this build that seems to me quite viable but any suggestion is welcome . Runes are chosen for speed becouse i miss the speed of chrono .

I saw very different build without inspiration but for me it is quite a must for the healing and the cleanse but any suggestion is welcome

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsfWnELD1qhdoBmpBMMjlXD7sIEEOOoBgcyzxv/NATgA-jZxHQBH8EAUvyAnZ/BAeIAAwTAAA

This looks pretty standard. You don't really need Decoy as it's obsolete with the Signet of Midnight buffs. At least in my opinion. The extra second and clone isn't enough to warrant taking over SoM in its current state.

You could always get rid of Decoy and use SoM, PDisenchanter. I've also been enjoying Illusionary Ambush a lot actually. It can be used offensively or defensively against an enemy that is further away from the dangerous position you're in.

> @Exciton.8942 said:

> I am going for dueling or domination instead of inspiration.

>

> If I go for inspiration, it will be easy to survive but it will just be inferior to inspiration/illusion/chronomancer.

I tried but i found for myself easier to go with inspiration . You lose a bit of damage but you gain a lot of survivability at least with sage amulet. Probably without inspiration i would go back to carrion amulet also. To respect of the Chronomancer i say you .. it depends. There are some matchup that i find easier with chronomancer, but in other i prefer mirage. Chronomancer has the great plus of the double mora , ok , but for the rest mirage is not bad at all . Another reason i find better going with inspiration is becouse i find the mirage heal not that great and the "heal on shatter" helps a lot

> @PierPiero.9142 said:

> > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > I am going for dueling or domination instead of inspiration.

> >

> > If I go for inspiration, it will be easy to survive but it will just be inferior to inspiration/illusion/chronomancer.

> I tried but i found for myself easier to go with inspiration . You lose a bit of damage but you gain a lot of survivability at least with sage amulet. Probably without inspiration i would go back to carrion amulet also. To respect of the Chronomancer i say you .. it depends. There are some matchup that i find easier with chronomancer, but in other i prefer mirage. Chronomancer has the great plus of the double mora , ok , but for the rest mirage is not bad at all . Another reason i find better going with inspiration is becouse i find the mirage heal not that great and the "heal on shatter" helps a lot

>

>

I agree with all of what you said. Mirage is decent but chrono has the F5 trump card. F5 is really what made chrono viable in all tiers of PvP play.

Inspiration mirage is good but I just don't feel it is competitive against the best builds in the game. All the top builds all have some strength that can dictate the flow of the game. I don't see the ability in mirage yet.

I am thinking mirage should be more going towards the high mobility, high burst role. It still maintains some decent dueling potential even w/o inspiration.

Here is my input with domination

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8fnELD1qhFMDmpBMMjlTDjMAsAWO+LwIYGENCkU+OA-jpgWAAbZAY/BA

Sword ambush 1 has good synergy with confounding suggestion. It gives you a free lock-down shatter burst.

Shattered concentration obviously helps against stability and resistance a lot. It is in general the best debunker tool.

I know a lot of ppl will go for dueing for massive confusion burst. However, the playstyle is tricker with dueling as interrupt is harder to pull off. You also get hard countered by resistance spamming spellbreaker.

I also picked 3 deception skills because they help with clone generation a lot. I don't think deception skills are that good on their own but the trait is really good.

I have been playing spvp only, recently. No team organized play. Solo quee, only. Low platinum bracket.

I must say mirage is really fun to play. I feel stronger than I was with chrono. I think the cloack on dodge, paired with the thief-like mobility Mirage has been able to access, puts you on a more forgiving level. It feels like survivability has got better. Mind you, I am not using axes. Reason is, I think it has the worst ambush.

Melting people with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAra8fnELDFphlpBGMDMMjlXDDNAkTeOlVgeTwxf/NAXgA-jZxHQBerMg/eAAK8IAAgTCwH2fAA

Literally, I go hunting thieves with this :) but not only that.

The only problem I found so far have been some holos, but it could be I have not yet learned what exaclty they do. Still, I think they are dangerous. Spellbreaker and Scourge can be troublesome too. However, the build relies only on active defences (blink, jaunt, Illusionary ambush (so nice!) torch, BF and cloack),

Inspiration can be nice, of course, but the healing per shatter is almost neglectable if you do not have the right amulet. But using an amulet with healing on a mesmer it's like a wasted stat... I was using inspiration yesterday night a bit, but it was mainly to try to give more love to Focus with reflects. I always loved this weapon... such a shame :(

I mean you could go Inspiration with mantra heal, mantra of resolve, elusive mind, cleansing sigils and prestige for a crazy amount of cleanse.

Only trouble there is trait synergies.

Could work with Illusions and Mirage with Axe/Torch and staff (for phase retreat mobility), Sage amulet, Self Deception with Jaunt, IA and Mirage Advance. I'm going to test that when I get home.

The problem with Inspiration is all the grandmaster traits are kitten poor for mirage.

Mental defence has no synergy (no Chronophantasma) so is pretty useless especially if shattering often, Illusionary Inspiration is mediocre and Temporal Enchanter useless if not using glamours - which you don't have utility space for if using Self Deception because you need deception skills. You kind of have to take Illusionary Inspiration and even then how much of an effect will it actually have in practice...

If Restorative Illusions was grandmaster major then you could trait Focus, RI and mantra heal and Inspiration would be a solid line (and Focus would see some play again).

> @EUmad.7645 said:

> How do you handle a condi bomber without inspiration ? it seems to me hard this way to go without but probably it is a problem of mine

I came to realize that no matter how many conditions clear you have, it's never going to be enough vs a condi bomber. The build I run uses torch and MoR and that is plenty, believe me.

For the trait synergy, Curunen is 100% spot on. Inspiration GM traits have nothing to do with Mirage to such an extent that taking this tree line would gimp the specialization so much to make it almost useless.

> @trooper.2650 said:

> > @EUmad.7645 said:

> > How do you handle a condi bomber without inspiration ? it seems to me hard this way to go without but probably it is a problem of mine

>

> I came to realize that no matter how many conditions clear you have, it's never going to be enough vs a condi bomber. The build I run uses torch and MoR and that is plenty, believe me.

>

> For the trait synergy, Curunen is 100% spot on. Inspiration GM traits have nothing to do with Mirage to such an extent that taking this tree line would kitten the specialization so much to make it almost useless.

Why not ? mental defense is proc by evasion and with mirage Cloak you evade when you dodge . I am not saying that is perfect but i don't see it that waste or perhaps i dont' undersand :) .

> @EUmad.7645 said:

> > @trooper.2650 said:

> > > @EUmad.7645 said:

> > > How do you handle a condi bomber without inspiration ? it seems to me hard this way to go without but probably it is a problem of mine

> >

> > I came to realize that no matter how many conditions clear you have, it's never going to be enough vs a condi bomber. The build I run uses torch and MoR and that is plenty, believe me.

> >

> > For the trait synergy, Curunen is 100% spot on. Inspiration GM traits have nothing to do with Mirage to such an extent that taking this tree line would kitten the specialization so much to make it almost useless.

>

> Why not ? mental defense is proc by evasion and with mirage Cloak you evade when you dodge . I am not saying that is perfect but i don't see it that waste or perhaps i dont' undersand :) .

I forgot to say that i use sage amulet .

> @EUmad.7645 said:

> > @trooper.2650 said:

> > > @EUmad.7645 said:

> > > How do you handle a condi bomber without inspiration ? it seems to me hard this way to go without but probably it is a problem of mine

> >

> > I came to realize that no matter how many conditions clear you have, it's never going to be enough vs a condi bomber. The build I run uses torch and MoR and that is plenty, believe me.

> >

> > For the trait synergy, Curunen is 100% spot on. Inspiration GM traits have nothing to do with Mirage to such an extent that taking this tree line would kitten the specialization so much to make it almost useless.

>

> Why not ? mental defense is proc by evasion and with mirage Cloak you evade when you dodge . I am not saying that is perfect but i don't see it that waste or perhaps i dont' undersand :) .

You're going to shatter frequently for restorative illusions, shatters will be on a lower cooldown thanks to Illusion trait line - therefore the Defender doesn't live long enough to provide any utility and is simply an extra unreliable (because the ICD isn't visible on screen) shatter fodder.

> @EUmad.7645 said:

> > @trooper.2650 said:

> > > @EUmad.7645 said:

> >

> >

>

Sure, you can use Mental Defense as core mesmer and mirage because it will work as you are going to evade attacks. It's just that this trait is like 100% better when you are chrono due to the fact that Phantasmal Defender will be resummoned after being shattered, providing you with more defense.

Inspiration line in general synergises better with chrono (more shatters = more healing from Restorative Illusions, respawning phantasms = more potential retaliation damage through Persisting Images, and so on). Personally, I dont run Inspi as a mirage, because I find other traitlines more useful for this spec.

> @bart.3687 said:

> > @EUmad.7645 said:

> > > @trooper.2650 said:

> > > > @EUmad.7645 said:

> > > > How do you handle a condi bomber without inspiration ? it seems to me hard this way to go without but probably it is a problem of mine

> > >

> > > I came to realize that no matter how many conditions clear you have, it's never going to be enough vs a condi bomber. The build I run uses torch and MoR and that is plenty, believe me.

> > >

> > > For the trait synergy, Curunen is 100% spot on. Inspiration GM traits have nothing to do with Mirage to such an extent that taking this tree line would kitten the specialization so much to make it almost useless.

> >

> > Why not ? mental defense is proc by evasion and with mirage Cloak you evade when you dodge . I am not saying that is perfect but i don't see it that waste or perhaps i dont' undersand :) .

>

> Sure, you can use Mental Defense as core mesmer and mirage because it will work as you are going to evade attacks. It's just that this trait is like 100% better when you are chrono due to the fact that Phantasmal Defender will be resummoned after being shattered, providing you with more defense.

> Inspiration line in general synergises better with chrono (more shatters = more healing from Restorative Illusions, respawning phantasms = more potential retaliation damage through Persisting Images, and so on). Personally, I dont run Inspi as a mirage, because I find other traitlines more useful for this spec.

If you choose the trait that give you a clone for every deception skill you can have a lot of clones ...