Surrender Vote in SPVP

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > I think a surrender button would only work if it was restricted to 300 point deficits where you team has under 100 and the enemy has over 400.

> >

> > Asides from that, people give up too early. I constantly get players calling gg 30 seconds to a minute into a match. It's kind of ridiculous.

> >

> > 90% of the time, "Shut up and focus." works.

>

> Pls.....it's be easier to teach a chicken to play Mozart than expect pugs in GW2 to regroup instead than going rambo mode like headless ...chickens

So basically treating conquest as a deathmatch or general pvp arena

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> Oh you still think this actually has a chance of happening? That's cute.

>

> This would open the door to exploits, actual reward farmers would populate the lower-mid tiers, eliminate comebacks, basicly ruin sPvP for what? So you MIGHT get to skip a few minutes of inconvenience? Just drop it.

>

Open door for exploit and current match manipulation 4v5 is ok ?

**and what you mean by few mins of inconvenience ?** yesterday 3x 2max4 vs5 that is about 3 mins wait time + 2 mins loading/game inicializition + even crap game usually takes about 10 min... that is about x3 15 mins so 45 mins of crap..

Now there is problem if im in match where one player is offline and becouse of that 2 afk... What do i suposte do ? Should go afk too ? and be part of problem ? or should i just play 2vs 5 and just delay inevitable ?! ... 45 min flustration being stuck in pointelss games isnt fun.. i cant leave i cant afk i cant win and fight like 1v3 all time ist fun ... ITS NOT FUN at all !!

**If that happend there needs to be way out !!!** Please wake up!

> @"Luna.6203" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > Oh you still think this actually has a chance of happening? That's cute.

> >

> > This would open the door to exploits, actual reward farmers would populate the lower-mid tiers, eliminate comebacks, basicly ruin sPvP for what? So you MIGHT get to skip a few minutes of inconvenience? Just drop it.

> >

>

> Open door for exploit and current match manipulation 4v5 is ok ?

>

> **and what you mean by few mins of inconvenience ?** yesterday 3x 2max4 vs5 that is about 3 mins wait time + 2 mins loading/game inicializition + even crap game usually takes about 10 min... that is about x3 15 mins so 45 mins of crap..

>

> Now there is problem if im in match where one player is offline and becouse of that 2 afk... What do i suposte do ? Should go afk too ? and be part of problem ? or should i just play 2vs 5 and just delay inevitable ?! ... 45 min flustration being stuck in pointelss games isnt fun.. i cant leave i cant afk i cant win and fight like 1v3 all time ist fun ... ITS NOT FUN at all !!

>

> **If that happend there needs to be way out !!!** Please wake up!

>

No one is going to take you seriously without (at least) three more exclamation points.

> @"Luna.6203" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > Oh you still think this actually has a chance of happening? That's cute.

> >

> > This would open the door to exploits, actual reward farmers would populate the lower-mid tiers, eliminate comebacks, basicly ruin sPvP for what? So you MIGHT get to skip a few minutes of inconvenience? Just drop it.

> >

>

> Open door for exploit and current match manipulation 4v5 is ok ?

>

> **and what you mean by few mins of inconvenience ?** yesterday 3x 2max4 vs5 that is about 3 mins wait time + 2 mins loading/game inicializition + even crap game usually takes about 10 min... that is about x3 15 mins so 45 mins of crap..

>

> Now there is problem if im in match where one player is offline and becouse of that 2 afk... What do i suposte do ? Should go afk too ? and be part of problem ? or should i just play 2vs 5 and just delay inevitable ?! ... 45 min flustration being stuck in pointelss games isnt fun.. i cant leave i cant afk i cant win and fight like 1v3 all time ist fun ... ITS NOT FUN at all !!

>

> **If that happend there needs to be way out !!!** Please wake up!

>

Yeah match manipulation, the thing that was cracked down on 2 seasons before, and which is totally pointless now with all prestige rewards(titles) removed. But even if it's not a problem right now, resign system implementation would totally fix.... wait a minute no it wouldn't, why did you even bring this up? It's a non-issue thats totally unrelated. I can make it related for you, but it only strenghtens my argument: It's possible to manipulate matches with resigning.

It was a "fully implemented" system in GW1, there is a reason it's not in GW2. I've won so many matches in GW1 when the enemy saw our names and just decided to instantly resign! Now that's some gameplay, with hard earned rewards.

Also on your terrible PvP experience: get on a higher rating if you want serious matches. Peole on trash ratings dont care, thats why it's full with AFK-ers and leavers.

> @"Poelala.2830" said:

> Nope. I've had games where we cleared a 300 point lead and won. I've had games where we cleared a 100 point lead while the enemy was stuck at 495. Comebacks exist and the way to win is not to give up, but to keep fighting and playing well regardless of how hopeless the game may seem. I once fought a team where they had 465 points and we had 200 and their revenant stopped playing because he thought it was clear he was going to win. He didn't.

I echo these sentiments. At first I was going to make an argument that time can be saved by a surrender button since the probability is low, but if a surrender button actually was implemented in game, it would get used, probably quite a bit and we'd never have any of those comebacks. It would be like surrendering at a game of chess after your opponent takes your first piece - sure, they might win the game, but at least play it out, be a good sport and let them earn that satisfaction of victory.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Luna.6203" said:

> > > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > > Oh you still think this actually has a chance of happening? That's cute.

> > >

> > > This would open the door to exploits, actual reward farmers would populate the lower-mid tiers, eliminate comebacks, basicly ruin sPvP for what? So you MIGHT get to skip a few minutes of inconvenience? Just drop it.

> > >

> >

> > Open door for exploit and current match manipulation 4v5 is ok ?

> >

> > **and what you mean by few mins of inconvenience ?** yesterday 3x 2max4 vs5 that is about 3 mins wait time + 2 mins loading/game inicializition + even crap game usually takes about 10 min... that is about x3 15 mins so 45 mins of crap..

> >

> > Now there is problem if im in match where one player is offline and becouse of that 2 afk... What do i suposte do ? Should go afk too ? and be part of problem ? or should i just play 2vs 5 and just delay inevitable ?! ... 45 min flustration being stuck in pointelss games isnt fun.. i cant leave i cant afk i cant win and fight like 1v3 all time ist fun ... ITS NOT FUN at all !!

> >

> > **If that happend there needs to be way out !!!** Please wake up!

> >

>

> No one is going to take you seriously without (at least) three more exclamation points.

your answer is really useful not just spam...

> @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

> Ima going with a hard no.

>

> It will only validate the kitten quitters on PvP. Can't take it, don't play!

There is difference between leave button and surrender button where majority of people agree..

You say "Can't take it, don't play!" so if about 50% matches are broken like 4v5 or worst its okay right ? just deal with it...ok ? problem is 4v5 mean 1-2maxvs5 in two minutes when ppl realize its not 5v5 so they go afk... I thing its issue and it should be adressed... (feedback ?)

and btw quiters ? whats diffence between afk person and person who leave ?

And i don't have time to go higher rating. Im glad when i have hour per day for playing.. i just do daily sometimes i go up sometimes down...

...and i dont care about rating.. i just start game ... but game start with one offline person.. other ppl dont even try and go afk... okay so what now ? ...

> @"Luna.6203" said:

>

> And i don't have time to go higher rating. Im glad when i have hour per day for playing.. i just do daily sometimes i go up sometimes down...

>

> ...and i dont care about rating.. i just start game ... but game start with one offline person.. other ppl dont even try and go afk... okay so what now ? ...

You cant realisticly get better if you dont play some more(I get it, real life... you cant do 16 hours a day like a uni student thats not actually attending uni), and being stuck in the lower tiers means you have to put up with this. You're on the same level as people who don't care.

And people not caring to play won't really care to resign either, it won't solve your problem of having uneven matches(my GW1 experiences, this is how it worked). Getting higher rating would, but since you can't do that... I suggest playing something else in your free time.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"Luna.6203" said:

> >

> > And i don't have time to go higher rating. Im glad when i have hour per day for playing.. i just do daily sometimes i go up sometimes down...

> >

> > ...and i dont care about rating.. i just start game ... but game start with one offline person.. other ppl dont even try and go afk... okay so what now ? ...

>

> You cant realisticly get better if you dont play some more(I get it, real life... you cant do 16 hours a day like a uni student thats not actually attending uni), and being stuck in the lower tiers means you have to put up with this. You're on the same level as people who don't care.

> And people not caring to play won't really care to resign either, it won't solve your problem of having uneven matches(my GW1 experiences, this is how it worked). Getting higher rating would, but since you can't do that... I suggest playing something else in your free time.

Well i think gw2 is best mmo if you have limited time also i really like game so.. playing something else probably isn't option.

I'll be 100% honest with you. I just want to have some fun and eventually get some gold.

Its doesnt mean im bad/pve player. I like pvp overall in games. And i thing im doing pretty well.

I just believe. And this is how its works in other games. If there are missing players on one side game should not start. Game initialization should stop and look for replacement before game even start .. I thing its 1st problem that could be improved.

Second. Ok if surrender vote is problem. Consider this if difference between team score is higher than ... lets say 250/300. Game should end. This is not fix i would like to see but better than nothing.

I'm really surprised how many players give up at beginning of battle. But it's just real. It's pretty common.

For example: Today i did one match and it was pretty good fight with balanced teams. Game itself is absolutely fine. Just matching system need to some fail safe mechanisms.

**And there is still important problem for me:**

When i get stuck with offline/afk party **I just don't know what to do.** Probably best way is to go afk too and let opposite team win as fast as possible but in that case i'm exactly bad player like others ..

I just want way out no matter what. Drop my rating what ever i dont mind .. just allow me leave. For example if you miss player you won't lose rating.. but i dont care about rating i care about time and fun. I hope you get my point. I think pvp in gw2 isnt serious anyway. If you want make leave/surrender vote for gold and lower.. im usually in gold. I was already in plat but it require a lot more playing than daily.. and as i said i don't care really...

If you disagree.. keep it broken... :/ ..whatever i tried...