Power Reaper Fix

cyndelaq.7148

Another issue here is that any time you add more chill you only proceed to make condition reaper stronger and not power reaper.

I still stand by the

Remove the cd reset from grave digger.

Landing grave digger on at least 1 target grants a increased damage effect for the duration of GD's cd foes hit under 50% increause the duration of the buff effect and its effectiveness. This way it solves the grave digger spam problem people dont like in rotations while provided bonus damage across all skills and not just those on weapons or locked behind shroud or specific traits. It allows for flexibility while achieving the gaols people want. In pvp if you can land grave digger you should be rewarded with a dps boost not cd reset the odds you land it twice are unlikely.

In pve it gets old spamming it one time after another and its does not feel good to want to invest in reaper shroud when using it lowers your damage when a foe drops under 50%

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see DS skill 3 Infusing Terror reworked. I dislike it's either/or behavior with Terrify. Instead of having to end it early to get the fear effect, I'd prefer if the fear was integrated with the skill directly and also improved. I'd also like to see the Damage reductions improved to be more in line with protection. For example:

Infusing Terror - Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability, reduces incoming damage and pulses fear.

- Damage Reduced: 33%

- Condition Damage Reduced: 33%

- Stability (3 stacks) (6s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

- Fear (1s) (3 pulses at 2 second intervals): Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration

- Duration: 6s

- Radius: 360

The pulsing fear and impoved DR would make it a much more reliable "oh crap" button, plus the extra fear pulses would improve it slightly for the purpose of using it as a CC option against breakbars in PvE.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> I'd like to see DS skill 3 Infusing Terror reworked. I dislike it's either/or behavior with Terrify. Instead of having to end it early to get the fear effect, I'd prefer if the fear was integrated with the skill directly and also improved. I'd also like to see the Damage reductions improved to be more in line with protection. For example:

>

> Infusing Terror - Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability, reduces incoming damage and pulses fear.

> - Damage Reduced: 33%

> - Condition Damage Reduced: 33%

> - Stability (3 stacks) (6s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

> - Fear (1s) (3 pulses at 2 second intervals): Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration

> - Duration: 6s

> - Radius: 360

>

> The pulsing fear and impoved DR would make it a much more reliable "oh crap" button, plus the extra fear pulses would improve it slightly for the purpose of using it as a CC option against breakbars in PvE.

>

>

technically ... a pulsing fear would make the "armor" effect useless, no?

like if it is meant to hit and cc somebody attacking you, there is no need for that armor increase (except for longrange professions like ranger or heavy outnumbered... or perma stab).

pulsing fear is too strong anyway - imo. a single (aoe) fear on pressing the skill would be reliable (and strong, due to instant) enough already, compared to the way it works at the moment.

> I'd like to see DS skill 3 Infusing Terror reworked. I dislike it's either/or behavior with Terrify. Instead of having to end it early to get the fear effect, I'd prefer if the fear was integrated with the skill directly and also improved. I'd also like to see the Damage reductions improved to be more in line with protection. For example:

>

> Infusing Terror - Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability, reduces incoming damage and pulses fear.

> - Damage Reduced: 33%

> - Condition Damage Reduced: 33%

> - Stability (3 stacks) (6s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

> - Fear (1s) (3 pulses at 2 second intervals): Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration

> - Duration: 6s

> - Radius: 360

>

> The pulsing fear and impoved DR would make it a much more reliable "oh crap" button, plus the extra fear pulses would improve it slightly for the purpose of using it as a CC option against breakbars in PvE.

>

>

What about instead reduce damage and condi damage, it reduce LF degen to 1% while it active? stab is still in effect.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> In pve it gets old spamming it one time after another and its does not feel good to want to invest in reaper shroud when using it lowers your damage when a foe drops under 50%

Actually, once an enemy hits 25% health, RS 5 + 4 does a LOT of damage especially since Executioner's Scythe does great damage to foes at 25% health or less. Honestly, if you're only spamming GS2 on bosses below 50% then you're not executing the most optimal rotation; you still need to cast GS 5 to keep chill up, GS4 and Well of Suffering for ticking AoE damage plus combo fields, and the odd Soul Spiral. I have no problem with spamming Gravedigger because I am of the mentality that it replaces the auto plus I still use other skills to maximize its damage.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > In pve it gets old spamming it one time after another and its does not feel good to want to invest in reaper shroud when using it lowers your damage when a foe drops under 50%

>

> Actually, once an enemy hits 25% health, RS 5 + 4 does a LOT of damage especially since Executioner's Scythe does great damage to foes at 25% health or less. Honestly, if you're only spamming GS2 on bosses below 50% then you're not executing the most optimal rotation; you still need to cast GS 5 to keep chill up, GS4 and Well of Suffering for ticking AoE damage plus combo fields, and the odd Soul Spiral. I have no problem with spamming Gravedigger because I am of the mentality that it replaces the auto plus I still use other skills to maximize its damage.

I agree RS 4 does alot at 25% but RS 5 usually nets me something in the range of 15k damage where as a grave digger at that point is hitting 24k+ RS5 is so lacking in raw power in its lower values in pve imo.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > In pve it gets old spamming it one time after another and its does not feel good to want to invest in reaper shroud when using it lowers your damage when a foe drops under 50%

> >

> > Actually, once an enemy hits 25% health, RS 5 + 4 does a LOT of damage especially since Executioner's Scythe does great damage to foes at 25% health or less. Honestly, if you're only spamming GS2 on bosses below 50% then you're not executing the most optimal rotation; you still need to cast GS 5 to keep chill up, GS4 and Well of Suffering for ticking AoE damage plus combo fields, and the odd Soul Spiral. I have no problem with spamming Gravedigger because I am of the mentality that it replaces the auto plus I still use other skills to maximize its damage.

>

> I agree RS 4 does alot at 25% but RS 5 usually nets me something in the range of 15k damage where as a grave digger at that point is hitting 24k+ RS5 is so lacking in raw power in its lower values in pve imo.

Really? I am pretty sure I had gravedigger numbers on RS5 below 50%/25%. Dunno then. I use it anyways for the chill applicaiton

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > In pve it gets old spamming it one time after another and its does not feel good to want to invest in reaper shroud when using it lowers your damage when a foe drops under 50%

> > >

> > > Actually, once an enemy hits 25% health, RS 5 + 4 does a LOT of damage especially since Executioner's Scythe does great damage to foes at 25% health or less. Honestly, if you're only spamming GS2 on bosses below 50% then you're not executing the most optimal rotation; you still need to cast GS 5 to keep chill up, GS4 and Well of Suffering for ticking AoE damage plus combo fields, and the odd Soul Spiral. I have no problem with spamming Gravedigger because I am of the mentality that it replaces the auto plus I still use other skills to maximize its damage.

> >

> > I agree RS 4 does alot at 25% but RS 5 usually nets me something in the range of 15k damage where as a grave digger at that point is hitting 24k+ RS5 is so lacking in raw power in its lower values in pve imo.

>

> Really? I am pretty sure I had gravedigger numbers on RS5 below 50%/25%. Dunno then. I use it anyways for the chill applicaiton

in group events etc most of the time a foe is perma chilled so you dont have to worry about losing damage from lack of chill but its just the base damage of RS5 is not that high rather than being really high its kind of average to below average and relies too much on the hp values to make up for it. like i said on bosses i often end up landing RS5 when the boss is below 25% for about 15k some times higgher but almost never more than 20k grave digger at the same hp value averages 24k or higher per swing. RS4 is quick but you can land 2 grave diggers in the time it takes to complete the whole sequence of RS 4 and generally 2 grave diggers is still dps more than a single soul spiral. This is the problem with gd usually doing anything other than gd under 50% is a dps loss and thats what people are not happy about. I usually save my RS4 as filler in the event i miss a grave digger due to a random blind or the enemy suddenly moving causing it to miss.

imo you will can prob get more or the same damage using shroud if you just auto attack. The full chain completes in just a little over the time it takes to complete 1 grave digger and the damage boost to the 2nd and 3rd parts of the chain make it competitive damage to grave digger if you look at the total of all the damage combined between the 3 hits but like i said the full chain does take a whole 0.25 seconds longer to complete.

Even if the damage was the same its still an issue because shroud should feel stronger than you standard weapon skills and even then you are locked into the auto attack only.

I still think the best solution would just be to give a unique damage buff upon landing grave digger on a foe under 50% to last duration maybe slightly longer than the duration of grave diggers cooldown. And remove the auto reset. This way you have to use it but you are not locked into spamming it. By using other skills your damage wont be gimped because you are not spamming 1 skill.

> @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > I'd like to see DS skill 3 Infusing Terror reworked. I dislike it's either/or behavior with Terrify. Instead of having to end it early to get the fear effect, I'd prefer if the fear was integrated with the skill directly and also improved. I'd also like to see the Damage reductions improved to be more in line with protection. For example:

> >

> > Infusing Terror - Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability, reduces incoming damage and pulses fear.

> > - Damage Reduced: 33%

> > - Condition Damage Reduced: 33%

> > - Stability (3 stacks) (6s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

> > - Fear (1s) (3 pulses at 2 second intervals): Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration

> > - Duration: 6s

> > - Radius: 360

> >

> > The pulsing fear and impoved DR would make it a much more reliable "oh crap" button, plus the extra fear pulses would improve it slightly for the purpose of using it as a CC option against breakbars in PvE.

> >

> >

>

> technically ... a pulsing fear would make the "armor" effect useless, no?

Fear has short range, so it would only affect nearby attackers. The damage reduction is to help protect vs. ranged

> like if it is meant to hit and cc somebody attacking you, there is no need for that armor increase (except for longrange professions like ranger or heavy outnumbered... or perma stab).

I'm thinking of it's uses in PvE where it's common to face groups of mobs with different attack ranges simultaneously, and sometimes you just need to hit the panic button to break free. In it's current state, DS3 its only partially effective as a break-away type skill, but adding the fear would help to create the initial separation needed to clear a path from the closest mobs.

> pulsing fear is too strong anyway - imo. a single (aoe) fear on pressing the skill would be reliable (and strong, due to instant) enough already, compared to the way it works at the moment.

I'm looking at this as something that should kept up while moving, allowing the "Terrifying" reaper to clear a path through the mobs as they move. Maybe add a caveat to the fear that additional pulses occur only while moving?

> @"Pansoul.9436" said:

> > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > I'd like to see DS skill 3 Infusing Terror reworked. I dislike it's either/or behavior with Terrify. Instead of having to end it early to get the fear effect, I'd prefer if the fear was integrated with the skill directly and also improved. I'd also like to see the Damage reductions improved to be more in line with protection. For example:

> >

> > Infusing Terror - Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability, reduces incoming damage and pulses fear.

> > - Damage Reduced: 33%

> > - Condition Damage Reduced: 33%

> > - Stability (3 stacks) (6s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

> > - Fear (1s) (3 pulses at 2 second intervals): Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration

> > - Duration: 6s

> > - Radius: 360

> >

> > The pulsing fear and impoved DR would make it a much more reliable "oh crap" button, plus the extra fear pulses would improve it slightly for the purpose of using it as a CC option against breakbars in PvE.

> >

> >

>

> What about instead reduce damage and condi damage, it reduce LF degen to 1% while it active? stab is still in effect.

I like that idea. Keying on life force impact directly might be a better approach for this type of skill.

> > @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> > > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > I'd like to see DS skill 3 Infusing Terror reworked. I dislike it's either/or behavior with Terrify. Instead of having to end it early to get the fear effect, I'd prefer if the fear was integrated with the skill directly and also improved. I'd also like to see the Damage reductions improved to be more in line with protection. For example:

> > >

> > > Infusing Terror - Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability, reduces incoming damage and pulses fear.

> > > - Damage Reduced: 33%

> > > - Condition Damage Reduced: 33%

> > > - Stability (3 stacks) (6s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.

> > > - Fear (1s) (3 pulses at 2 second intervals): Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration

> > > - Duration: 6s

> > > - Radius: 360

> > >

> > > The pulsing fear and impoved DR would make it a much more reliable "oh crap" button, plus the extra fear pulses would improve it slightly for the purpose of using it as a CC option against breakbars in PvE.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > technically ... a pulsing fear would make the "armor" effect useless, no?

> Fear has short range, so it would only affect nearby attackers. The damage reduction is to help protect vs. ranged

> > like if it is meant to hit and cc somebody attacking you, there is no need for that armor increase (except for longrange professions like ranger or heavy outnumbered... or perma stab).

> I'm thinking of it's uses in PvE where it's common to face groups of mobs with different attack ranges simultaneously, and sometimes you just need to hit the panic button to break free. In it's current state, DS3 its only partially effective as a break-away type skill, but adding the fear would help to create the initial separation needed to clear a path from the closest mobs.

> > pulsing fear is too strong anyway - imo. a single (aoe) fear on pressing the skill would be reliable (and strong, due to instant) enough already, compared to the way it works at the moment.

> I'm looking at this as something that should kept up while moving, allowing the "Terrifying" reaper to clear a path through the mobs as they move. Maybe add a caveat to the fear that additional pulses occur only while moving?

>

>

dmg reduction against ranged. i covered that. would make the armor effect still less relevant.

okay use it in pve moments, in which you are overwhelmed. at the cost of any other mode of the game. since mechanics are not split - only numbers differ, hence the pulsing would be very bad.

ofc i can see what your idea is. but think about it further:

in group content you absolutely dont want mobs to spread, you want them to come close, to control them and aoe them.

even in solo content a pulsing fear will lead to issues such as "you clear the path through mobs" BUT you won't hit a thing with damage, which you ultimatively want to do, to erase the threat. look at it like the revenant staff 5... without the dmg.

the only thing it would be good for is breakbars and skipping 1-2 spawns in fractals/dungeons or 1-2 specific events in which you have an advantage to skip mobs, when you can't mount, otherwise open world is already pretty much covered by mounts. i personally can not see any real good "use" (that cant be done already) besides the thought of a "terryfying movie reaper" (which is something i enjoy watching).

So maybe swap the fear for some other ability? For my playstyle in PvE I only see two practical uses for ever activating the DS3's second ability. 90% of the time I'm using it to try to deal extra breakbar damage on a boss. The other 10% is when I am getting overwhelmed and need to get some distance. For the former, it wouldn't even need to be fear - just some kind of CC that helps against the breakbar. For the latter, maybe Pansoul's suggestion limit to LF degen would help address the issue somewhat.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Zietlogik.6208" said:

> > Reduce Reaper shroud CD by 2-3 seconds, that's all I want :(

>

> They could easily latch it onto Shroud Knight. It already has the increased 5% degeneration attached to it.

Something I've been asking for for a long time.

Solves the SR/SoS "problem" and allows reaper to be so much more capable in general.

# **DISCLAIMER:**

This isn't a suggestion by any means for a fix, I figured I should upload my take on the build/rotation so that possible errors could be identified and to point out obvious issues with Reaper in general.

- **Build/Rotation Video:** https://youtu.be/IHoJCNbCRj8 (I'm using an exotic focus because I don't have an ascended one)

- **Build Link:** http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3djM0QLN2WDO2A7NWyFMqywa4ZFXF7ijRoAQDYFA-jhRBABXt/o8DPdDmpEEgLCwDPBAKV/hUARMGA-e

- **Written Rotation:**

Power Reaper has a fairly complex rotation, comprised of four different rotations:

- Above 50% - Out of Shroud

- Below 50% - Out of Shroud

- Above 50% - In Shroud

- Below 50% - In Shroud

Because of this, it's very important to keep track of where you are in your rotation and what _**stage**_ of your rotation you're in:

- ^50% - Out of Shroud:

- Burst Rotation:

1. Grasping Darkness

2. Nightfall

3. Death Spiral

4. Gravedigger

5. Well of Suffering (as soon as it's off CD)

6. Enter Shroud

- Sustained Rotation:

7. Gravedigger

8. Death Spiral

9. Swap Weapons

10. Ghastly Claws

11. Reaper's Touch

12. Rending Claws until shroud is off CD

13. Enter Shroud

14. Ghastly Claws

15. Reaper's Touch

16. Swap Weapons

Repeat steps 1 through 16 until the health of the target reaches 50%

**NOTE:** Pay close attention to the target's health and be ready to start the below 50% rotation. If the target reaches 50% before you're ready to begin your v50% rotation, finish whatever stage of the ^50% rotation you're in then transition to the v50% rotation.

- v50% - Out of Shroud:

1. _**Gravedigger until something comes off CD**_

2. Grasping Darkness **(if off CD)**

3. Nightfall **(if off CD)**

4. Death Spiral **(if off CD)**

5. Well of Suffering **(if off CD)**

6. Enter Shroud **(if off CD)**

7. Repeat all steps until the target is dead

There are actually 5 separate Shroud rotations, 3 above 50% and 2 below 50%:

- ^50% - In Shroud:

- Rotation 1:

1. Soul Spiral

2. Death's Charge

3. Auto Chain x2

4. Death's Charge

5. Exit Shroud

- Rotation 2:

1. Death's Charge

2. Auto Chain

3. Soul Spiral

4. Death's Charge

5. Exit Shroud

- Rotation 3:

1. Death's Charge

2. Auto Chain x2

3. Death's Charge

4. Exit Shroud

- Repeat all 3 rotations until 50%

- v50% - In Shroud:

- Rotation 1:

1. Soul Spiral

2. Death's Charge

3. Exit Shroud

- Rotation 2:

1. Death's Charge

2. Exit Shroud

- Repeat all rotations until the target is dead

The reason why this is so complex is because of one trait... Strength of Undeath:

- "Strength of Undeath: Maximum life force is increased. Deal more damage when above the life-force threshold."

- Life Force is increased by 15% and damage while above 50% LF is increased by 5%.

You might think that 5% isn't a whole lot but you'd be wrong especially once you reach 50% health of your target and, "Close to Death", kicks in so we have to manage our LF and use it appropriately meaning entering and exiting Reaper's Shroud extremely often.

Personally, I like having such a complex rotation like this because it makes the class into an, "Easy to learn; Difficult to master", kind of class which I find fun. Hopefully this helps someone and if anyone has any comments or criticisms please let me know. :D

> @"cyndelaq.7148" said:

> # **DISCLAIMER:**

> This isn't a suggestion by any means for a fix, I figured I should upload my take on the build/rotation so that possible errors could be identified and to point out obvious issues with Reaper in general.

>

> - **Build/Rotation Video:** https://youtu.be/IHoJCNbCRj8 (I'm using an exotic focus because I don't have an ascended one)

> - **Build Link:** http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3djM0QLN2WDO2A7NWyFMqywa4ZFXF7ijRoAQDYFA-jhRBABXt/o8DPdDmpEEgLCwDPBAKV/hUARMGA-e

> - **Written Rotation:**

>

> Power Reaper has a fairly complex rotation, comprised of four different rotations:

> - Above 50% - Out of Shroud

> - Below 50% - Out of Shroud

> - Above 50% - In Shroud

> - Below 50% - In Shroud

>

> Because of this, it's very important to keep track of where you are in your rotation and what _**stage**_ of your rotation you're in:

> - ^50% - Out of Shroud:

> - Burst Rotation:

> 1. Grasping Darkness

> 2. Nightfall

> 3. Death Spiral

> 4. Gravedigger

> 5. Well of Suffering (as soon as it's off CD)

> 6. Enter Shroud

> - Sustained Rotation:

> 7. Gravedigger

> 8. Death Spiral

> 9. Swap Weapons

> 10. Ghastly Claws

> 11. Reaper's Touch

> 12. Rending Claws until shroud is off CD

> 13. Enter Shroud

> 14. Ghastly Claws

> 15. Reaper's Touch

> 16. Swap Weapons

> Repeat steps 1 through 16 until the health of the target reaches 50%

>

> **NOTE:** Pay close attention to the target's health and be ready to start the below 50% rotation. If the target reaches 50% before you're ready to begin your v50% rotation, finish whatever stage of the ^50% rotation you're in then transition to the v50% rotation.

>

> - v50% - Out of Shroud:

> 1. _**Gravedigger until something comes off CD**_

> 2. Grasping Darkness **(if off CD)**

> 3. Nightfall **(if off CD)**

> 4. Death Spiral **(if off CD)**

> 5. Well of Suffering **(if off CD)**

> 6. Enter Shroud **(if off CD)**

> 7. Repeat all steps until the target is dead

>

> There are actually 5 separate Shroud rotations, 3 above 50% and 2 below 50%:

>

> - ^50% - In Shroud:

> - Rotation 1:

> 1. Soul Spiral

> 2. Death's Charge

> 3. Auto Chain x2

> 4. Death's Charge

> 5. Exit Shroud

>

> - Rotation 2:

> 1. Death's Charge

> 2. Auto Chain

> 3. Soul Spiral

> 4. Death's Charge

> 5. Exit Shroud

>

> - Rotation 3:

> 1. Death's Charge

> 2. Auto Chain x2

> 3. Death's Charge

> 4. Exit Shroud

>

> - Repeat all 3 rotations until 50%

>

> - v50% - In Shroud:

> - Rotation 1:

> 1. Soul Spiral

> 2. Death's Charge

> 3. Exit Shroud

>

> - Rotation 2:

> 1. Death's Charge

> 2. Exit Shroud

>

> - Repeat all rotations until the target is dead

>

> The reason why this is so complex is because of one trait... Strength of Undeath:

> - "Strength of Undeath: Maximum life force is increased. Deal more damage when above the life-force threshold."

> - Life Force is increased by 15% and damage while above 50% LF is increased by 5%.

>

> You might think that 5% isn't a whole lot but you'd be wrong especially once you reach 50% health of your target and, "Close to Death", kicks in so we have to manage our LF and use it appropriately meaning entering and exiting Reaper's Shroud extremely often.

>

> Personally, I like having such a complex rotation like this because it makes the class into an, "Easy to learn; Difficult to master", kind of class which I find fun. Hopefully this helps someone and if anyone has any comments or criticisms please let me know. :D

The problem while using focus:

It's not a good weapon.

Ok to be more precise:

Horn 5 does more dmg than focus 4.

Now people will tell me: noooo the tooltip is much higher.

Yeah that might be true, but if you are doing a benchmark with focus, you have to gather 9 more people, to stand near the golem, cause that's how real boss encounters work.

If you are alone, you get more procs out of focus 4 than you will while being in a group. The problem here is that it also bounces between allies and then does no dmg, or only one hit to the boss.

Next is:

Meta would be bloodmagic, spite, reaper. As it does same DPS than soulreaping variant but also buffs party dmg a bit.

So you don't have the 5% dmg boost from soulreaping.

And deaths charge definetly shouldn't be in the rotation. It does less dmg than the auto attack chain.

The rotation below 50% looks like this:

GS

Sometimes it can be worth using the well of suffering and grasping darkness + nightfall, but most of the times its a dmg loss.

Complete rotation:

Above 50%:

Gs3

Gs2

Autoattackchains

Gs2

Gs5

And to cancel the aftercast use gs4 directly after gs5

Weaponswap

Axe2

Horn 5

Well of suffering

Shroud

RS4

Auto till weaponswap is ready

Out of shroud axe2

Weaponswap

Begin from start

And like I said, below 50% it's just

Gs2 spam

I might be a total noob, but After doing a power reaper build, when ppl were talking that power does no dps at all, I was top 3 raid/fractal single target dps according to DPS meter, measured only on single target. I am curious whether people think pNecro is weak, because they can't measure their dps properly, or because reaper has a demanding rotation, and they would like to play GW like paladin in WoW(smash two buttons and do numbers) I am pretty happy that my rotation requires using few utility skills before getting in melee range, then using few weapon skills, shround, small shroud rotation(**because power reaper should not stay in shroud** longer than shroud 4 skill+MAX 6 speeded auto attacks applying dhuumfire) then swap back to axe and focus, etc etc... I'm sorry but I am not buying that necro is weak in power as a reaper - never played scourge so can't say anything about it. Just learn the rotation and stop thinking that Shroud is all that makes reaper a reaper. I tried once to go full shroud duration, 80% crit chance with maxed crit dmg to just stay in shroud and pop those numbers - it's not working. Mixed rotation is the key guys.

> @"Heimdallr.5421" said:

> I might be a total noob, but After doing a power reaper build, when ppl were talking that power does no dps at all, I was top 3 raid/fractal single target dps according to DPS meter, measured only on single target. I am curious whether people think pNecro is weak, because they can't measure their dps properly, or because reaper has a demanding rotation, and they would like to play GW like paladin in WoW(smash two buttons and do numbers) I am pretty happy that my rotation requires using few utility skills before getting in melee range, then using few weapon skills, shround, small shroud rotation(**because power reaper should not stay in shroud** longer than shroud 4 skill+MAX 6 speeded auto attacks applying dhuumfire) then swap back to axe and focus, etc etc... I'm sorry but I am not buying that necro is weak in power as a reaper - never played scourge so can't say anything about it. Just learn the rotation and stop thinking that Shroud is all that makes reaper a reaper. I tried once to go full shroud duration, 80% crit chance with maxed crit dmg to just stay in shroud and pop those numbers - it's not working. Mixed rotation is the key guys.

To put it simply it's the ceiling of the p Reaper's dps that is low, while other profession's dps ceiling is 10 to 20% higher on average. You know, other professions also have safer builds that still deal correct damage (slightly above whatever the necromancer can do) but they wouldn't even consider using such build. They prefer to try hard and screw their own dps because the potential dps of their build is higher.

So the issue is not that you aren't able to perform well in an average group, but that your profession have less room to perform better than other professions have.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_DPS try rotation from here, good for start, I just spent lots of time on golem to improve that one, but you need to do the same and see what can be upgraded and find out where reaper power lies;]

Tip - Use signet of spite instead of summoning shadow fiend, and use healing minion instead of well of blood. It works better for me because **I do not use blood** - blood works with minions as the sucking damage from aura and minion drain counts as additional damage, that's what makes it strong, however...I'm a fan of blood only for PVP.

Use it, or try with Spite as I did going traits. when you pop up shroud use 4, then allow it to do 6 auto attacks to get some nasty dmg with Dhuum's fire and keep in mind that you deal full dmg when your HP is above 90%(superior rune of schoolar) which means above 90% of shroud, next DPS drop is below 50% hp(shroud, but I don't remember what caused that I'm not on reaper currently) so you can't stay longer and you need to do the rotation again with both weapons. You will get to it:D

**Difference between Focus and Warhorn is that Focus does not require you to stand near boss to use it(and well, in pve you can't just stand in single place and hit boss, you need to be in move to avoid stuff , dodge, do something etc - Focus 4th will be available so you bring additional dmg while being away, with Warhorn you can't) . Next thing is cooldown - it's lower than Warhorn skill, which allows you to use it more often**

@"Heimdallr.5421" I'm not trying to be rude when I say this, but did you even look at the build guide I posted earlier? I even linked a video of me performing the rotation.

The problem, like @"Dadnir.5038" stated, isn't that we can't do decent numbers, it's that our DPS ceiling itself is low. I can do anywhere from 5k to 10k more DPS on my Power Holosmith than I can on my power Reaper.

> @"Heimdallr.5421" said:

> I might be a total noob, but After doing a power reaper build, when ppl were talking that power does no dps at all, I was top 3 raid/fractal single target dps according to DPS meter, measured only on single target. I am curious whether people think pNecro is weak, because they can't measure their dps properly, or because reaper has a demanding rotation, and they would like to play GW like paladin in WoW(smash two buttons and do numbers) I am pretty happy that my rotation requires using few utility skills before getting in melee range, then using few weapon skills, shround, small shroud rotation(**because power reaper should not stay in shroud** longer than shroud 4 skill+MAX 6 speeded auto attacks applying dhuumfire) then swap back to axe and focus, etc etc... I'm sorry but I am not buying that necro is weak in power as a reaper - never played scourge so can't say anything about it. Just learn the rotation and stop thinking that Shroud is all that makes reaper a reaper. I tried once to go full shroud duration, 80% crit chance with maxed crit dmg to just stay in shroud and pop those numbers - it's not working. Mixed rotation is the key guys.

A good power reaper will out dps every other profession if the other professions are being played be players with mediocre skill levels. Not saying anything new there as that is always the case. However, a good power deadeye, weaver or holosmith will out dps a good power reaper, often by quite a margin. What tends to work in the reaper's favour is the simplicity of the rotation.

Sorry, didn't read whole, I just checked a part that was looking different... and thought it's completely different thing...because mostly it is.

Death charge is a large dps loss in my opinion - in the time your character is performing it, you could do a full auto attack shroud, that deals neat dmg+applies dhuumsfire.

I just have geared myself with a berserker Exotics to do a casual test in them, Ran a casual rotation without any buffs.

Screen https://ibb.co/jwvOkz

Then I ran the same and as You can see I took buffs on myself(except for weapon buffs and food)

Screen https://ibb.co/e2wUQz

And with Minion

Screen https://ibb.co/mDG7Ce

Even though I made up to 24k it sounds fine to me as It was an exotic test, unless something is not quite right and other classes do way more in exo+without/with buffs...but didn't see any yet using ARC, but perhaps I didn't raid enough.

Rotation I used:

1.Blood is power

2. Well of Suffering

3. Blood is power

4. Grasping Darkness

5. Nightfall

6. Death Spiral

7. Shroud - if mob didn't get chill - Infusing Terror, use it again to apply chill. If Grasping darkness still lasts go for Soul Spiral

8. 2x Auto Attack chain

9. Ghastly Claws

10. Reaper's touch

11. Auto attack

12. Ghastly claws

13. CD from Shroud is off so pop it and go for Infusing Terror to apply chill

14. 2x Auto Attack chain

15. shroud 4

16. Repeat till he dies. Or spam Gravedigger+apply well of suffering+Nightfall+Soul Spiral and back to gravedigger.

@"Heimdallr.5421"

So. The first thing I noticed is that you're using literally every single buff. In my test, I only used, "realistic", buffs and pulled off the same DPS as you. With full buffs, I pull ahead in DPS by about 2k.

The second thing I noticed is that you were actually using the Shadow Fiend's active. It's actually a DPS loss to do so as the Shadow Fiend attacks rather quickly compared to all other minions and deals around 1k per attack.

And lastly. The reason why you don't use BIP is because in most raid, and even Fractal, settings you'll have a Druid with you and they provide a constant 25 stacks of might without the negatives of BIP.