WvW populations?

Bunch of people transferred and the populations are an absolute mess. Jade Quarry is a mess and most of these stacked servers are way over the top. I don't mind since i like to fight but most of the gw2 wvw players are soft and they'll prob quit the game i guess. I don't expect anet to make things right on the next relink either. Only way to balance is move the guilds one by one to different servers but that's not gonna happen.

Something to keep in mind is that this summer has literally been the hottest in centuries and unless you are in a place so hot that the exhaust from your computer cools the room rather than heat it up further, its not exactly been pleasant times for gaming the last couple of months.

Summer is always a lowpoint. That and normal people actually take real vacations, not pretend vacations where they say they are going to the bahamas but instead blackout their house and sit and play GW2 for weeks straight.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Something to keep in mind is that this summer has literally been the hottest in centuries and unless you are in a place so hot that the exhaust from your computer cools the room rather than heat it up further, its not exactly been pleasant times for gaming the last couple of months.

Europe and NA have different weather. The hottest in centuries is more over on EU's side of things. Also, americans living in hot places tend to use airco as they have super hot temps far more commonly than we do in EU.

fun analysis, I'm sure the problems with WvW's population are the hot weather ;)

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > I just noticed Vabbi is now ‘high’. Hopefully it goes down to Medium soon.

>

> So everybody left it it to bandwagon somewhere else? But thats impossible, that only happens to other servers!

Hahaha just goes to show how much that toxicity experiment is working out for those clowns.

Seems to be a pattern: new relinks, then people transfer around to stack servers (oddly, seems like more often it tends to be "fight" guilds stacking on all the same server...to get them fights?) - but then that totally messes up the links. JQ really needs to be linked - fighting them last time was really not very fun because they just didn't have the numbers to actually come out often!

> @"Victor Bon Azzkik.6729" said:

> Haven't been playing in a few years came back been playing for about a month or 2... what is going on with the WvW population? I'm in Jade Quarry and literally since I've been back we're always "Outnumbered" in the mornings right now at night? I don't get it why are consistently being pitted against massive populations?

You can't determine the size of the opposition by looking at outnumbered alone, nor just by looking at when you play. The teams are established based on the amount of WvW hours played (with some regard to frequent flyers versus transient WvWarriors). Then ANet tries to pair up worlds so that the total number of hours is "comparable." At best, that's barely theoretically possible. There are all sorts of ways for that to create the appearance of imbalance: temporary conditions that end up generating more hours on one world, timing, types of commanders, and just the fact that the hours are never going to add up just right to make every match 'even'.

Which is, of course, among the many reasons that ANet is overhauling the entire concept of 'world' and recreating WvW matches to use smaller units of organization.