are we getting nerf?

Jay.3409

> @"Jay.3409" said:

> im seeing alot of complaints about the newly patch sb... but i just hope if we do get nerf, atleast not to the ground where im forced to reroll due to it being subpar

Most people want Soulbeast to be nerfed because of reasons like these:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50099/1-shot-soulbeast-an-example-of-the-worst-balance/p1

Probably they cut on burst potential, but there will still be oneshot scenarios.

Hope condi and especially both daggers get a look on.

Next big updated will probably have new reworks in them. I have Rev in mind and maybe someday pets.

But i think there will not be a big nerf, only some probably

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf burst from Sick Em, Maul and WI, just because of the sheer number of people crying over it. If they do that, then I want to see other power nerf on Rev sword OH, Holosmith spam AoE CC burst and some shaving on SBreaker and power Mesmer. I want to see huge nerf on condi Mesmer.

I also won't be surprised if Boons builds get a slight nerf, mostly on Stability and Protection duration.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > @"Jay.3409" said:

> > im seeing alot of complaints about the newly patch sb... but i just hope if we do get nerf, atleast not to the ground where im forced to reroll due to it being subpar

>

> Most people want Soulbeast to be nerfed because of reasons like these:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50099/1-shot-soulbeast-an-example-of-the-worst-balance/p1

wow are they new to the game? deadeye backstab does 15k+ infinite with 0 cd and u dont even have a chance to dodge unlike wordly impact..

> @"terrorshard.3854" said:

> Soulbeast can have good damage, with minimal/low sustain, or decent sustain with low damage. Spellbreakers and Holosmiths have both good sustain and great damage (and more CC). So...by my count, soulbeast should be alright.

Exactly. Spellbreaker and Holo are far more "broken" than we are. Spellbreaker if you are smart and don't hit the full counter you still get to kill or draw the fight, but Holo is just nasty.

It's amazing really how other classes are allowed to have one shot builds but when it comes to ranger it's suddenly broken even if there's counter play once you've gotten used to timings and such. Personally I'm not a fan of one shots in general, I just dislike the double standards that are thrown out there a bit more.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> My fear is that Wordly Impact is gonna get nerfed into uselessness. The skill itself is not the problem, but people see those big numbers and come crying on the forums demanding nerfs.

that would just prove the point even more than anet team who does balancing should be reevaluated... its a big dmg skill BUT its a 20-30cd and easily dodge-able..

Rangers can't have nice things and they need to be free kills in pvp and wvw, so prepare to worst. Atleast Sic 'em and boon sharing as soulbeast moust likely get hit. Alsou raiders seems to want other classes be more viable healers and only things that keep druid in meta are mesmer tank and unique buffs from spirits, so spirit nerf inc(sins mesmers have get so many ''nerffs'' latly).

In all likelihood yes. However, even though I personally don't have this much optimism, it could result in an Opening Strike/Marksmanship rework that we've needed for a long time.

That being said, instead of reworking some of the damage multipliers in the more problematic builds while updating a traitline mechanic and outdated traits, ANet historically speaking is much more likely just to double or triple nerf everything with blind, brute force.

Also, if boon Soulbeast gets nerfed but boon Holosmith survives, I might finally lose my shit after all these years.

I have a love hate relationship with sic'em. It can give you nice burst for sure. But I can't stand using slots on things that just do damage, because we have so little utility on our weapons. Having all damage skills on our weapon and then using precious utility slots for pure damage skills....yeah...can't afford it.

• 2 weeks later...

If there were anything that might need nerfing on the ranger, it would probably be the 10 man might sharing from grace of the land. The 10 targets cap is a leftover effect from then gotl had a unique effect and gives druid a huge, unsurmountable advantage over other healers (you can always have a dps ranger bring spirits and spotter, but the might stacking...). Otherwise, ranger's probably in a good spot right now right?

> @"Lost Dimension.9014" said:

> Of course its always pvp. I just hope it does not affect PvE build much. I just started leveling it atm.

I second that. Just now power soulbeast got into a competitive spot in pve and i can play another thing but druid in groups. You can tell me to play condi soulbeast, but i hate shortbow on ranger.

But if i have to call out a nerf on soulbeast it will either be Moa Stance Boon Duration % or Fresh Reinforcement. I don't know if Unstoppable Union will take a hit, but i don't think its needed, because this particular build is only "OP" in WvW, while the boon one is good in every game mode.

> @"ThiBash.5634" said:

> If there were anything that might need nerfing on the ranger, it would probably be the 10 man might sharing from grace of the land. The 10 targets cap is a leftover effect from then gotl had a unique effect and gives druid a huge, unsurmountable advantage over other healers (you can always have a dps ranger bring spirits and spotter, but the might stacking...). Otherwise, ranger's probably in a good spot right now right?

So aside from Spirits/Spotter, which base Ranger offers, and Glyph of Empowerment, if the Might sharing was nerfed or taken away, what would Druid offer?

I mean, on top of having bigger numbers, Eles offer a little extra mitigation with auras, and Revs have lots of Alacrity while having good healing, too. Firebrand also has Quickness, some mitigation, and decent healing. The only reason Druid's still well above them is because a lot of the fights aren't so high-pressure that you absolutely need high healing/mitigation to survive the ordeal in tandem of the unique buffs+Might - which can still mostly be acquired with any other ranger build.

~~Also Chronomancer has a part to play in that mess, but that's another story.~~