DuoQ and No more PvP ladder Titles from S13

Nuvola.9460

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Would be kinda cool if top 3 players had diff badges next to their names ti signify their position in the leaderboards. But like keep it dynamic, if you fall fromn1 u lose the n1 badge so its actually competitive.

I guess one of the major reasons to do this is because they want to stop wintrading. They are making it more casual.

I still think this is just the easiest way out. Maybe it will help a bit and reduce toxicity, wintrading and stuff, but... I doubt it will be helping PVP in the long term.

Anyway, time for troll builds!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Nuvola.9460" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > Yes, the current plan is the remove titles next season. The leaderboard itself will remain. We won't remove titles for people who've already earned them.

> > >

> > > Current plan is to also bring back to duo queue for next season.

> > >

> > > We'll have a blog post when the next season is getting close to starting.

> >

> > Why should I even play ranked now? I mean if there is no rewards for leaderboard than better play unranked at least I play with more friends and not just with a single one?

>

> Ranked will still have league rewards. There are no current plans to add pips to unranked. We will be occasionally adding new rewards to the league vendors.

People who play ranked don’t really care about pips stuff or golds, and why someone should tryhard to get top 1,10 or whatever in ladder if the next season ladder is resetted and not even a title to say “hey, I did good”

Why you decided that? For wintraders? So for those 20-30+ people the whole community have to renounce to rewards like ladder title or any other reward which could be given with ladder positions?

And let’s not talk about the fact that those people who got them wintrading will still have their titles while new people or those who still aim to get them legittimally can’t do that anymore

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Would be kinda cool if top 3 players had diff badges next to their names ti signify their position in the leaderboards. But like keep it dynamic, if you fall fromn1 u lose the n1 badge so its actually competitive.

>

> I guess one of the major reasons to do this is because they want to stop wintrading. They are making it more casual.

>

> I still think this is just the easiest way out. Maybe it will help a bit and reduce toxicity, wintrading and stuff, but... I doubt it will be helping PVP in the long term.

>

> Anyway, time for troll builds!

That’s a bad way out. An easy and bad way out

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > Yes, the current plan is the remove titles next season. The leaderboard itself will remain. We won't remove titles for people who've already earned them.

> > >

> > > Current plan is to also bring back to duo queue for next season.

> > >

> > > We'll have a blog post when the next season is getting close to starting.

> >

> > I dont like the idea of removing the titles, just punish people who cheat to get them (and not just make an example every few seasons out of a few people)

> >

> > It is also great that you do this change out of nowhere, I bet a lot of people would have tried harder for them if they knew this earlier

>

> Either I can't read or you can't read. He says they won't remove...

>

Well sadly it is you who can't read "the current plan is the remove titles next season"

> Yes, the current plan is the remove titles next season. The leaderboard itself will remain. We won't remove titles for people who've already earned them.

>

> Current plan is to also bring back to duo queue for next season.

>

> We'll have a blog post when the next season is getting close to starting.

> Yes, the current plan is the remove titles next season. The leaderboard itself will remain. We won't remove titles for people who've already earned them.

>

> Current plan is to also bring back to duo queue for next season.

>

> We'll have a blog post when the next season is getting close to starting.

Will there ever be another way to acquire these titles or will they be like the planned (?) server-exclusive WvW titles?

FINALLY, thanks ben and anet. And to all those ppl who complain. NOONE gives a shit about titles or rewards. i just wanna play with a friend and not in unranked. PvP isnt competetive so there is no need for competetive top 50 or top 25 rewards. They dont mean anything anymore anyways. Or do you think anyone has respect for top 10 title? i dont even knowit and it doenst matter. Its not an achievement anyways. so TAHNKS anet to bringback duoq

> @"Fideles Erbstück.7382" said:

> FINALLY, thanks ben and anet. And to all those ppl who complain. NOONE gives a kitten about titles or rewards. i just wanna play with a friend and not in unranked. PvP isnt competetive so there is no need for competetive top 50 or top 25 rewards. They dont mean anything anymore anyways. Or do you think anyone has respect for top 10 title? i dont even knowit and it doenst matter. Its not an achievement anyways. so TAHNKS anet to bringback duoq

Yeah, the titles are almost as worthless as the ones from S1-4...

But: When you didn't care about the leaderboard, why didn't you play unranked with as many people as you would've liked? Were you only there for - oh my gosh :scream: - the rewards? Sacrilege!

because unranked you play vs everyone who trolls. or ppl who jsut started playing the game. i watned to play rank for decent enemies and rating... but since s7 the seasons are trash tier anyways, so i stopped caring for that. but i still had my hopes up. if the game had quality matches most of the time i wouldnt even mind a soloq. but it doesnt work with the super small population of gw2. rather have somewaht ok matches with a friend. but yeah unranked is just even worse quality than ranked.

personally i would bring back dynamic queues as well. the game is jsut that far away from beeing competetive at this point. and no ats arent an actual alternative for 2,3,4,5 pp lto join up and play together. the time frame you have is very limited. you cant just hop on at t hesame time and play together. tahts what makes multiplayer games so enjoyable. that you can play them together

‘What’s the point of doing ranked PvP anymore’ posts are incoming such as rage from people who took this ladder (based title) system seriously. Basically now we would only play for a rank which is visible for a few weeks, then reset. Happy times.

@"Fideles Erbstück.7382” totally disagree with you. Pvp is about kitten competition and although there are some cheaters who won their titles by win trade, still there are many good players who are well-known and respected by the community. Titles are meant to be an incentive, it’s just a bad thing that ppl exploited the system. Remove those titles and ban the accounts for good would have been a way better scenario than this.

So i was already stepping away from rank a bit but now i'm not really investing into it at all lol, If i wanted to win gold or find a way to earn it quickly it wouldn't be with Spvp. We have a different game mode that offers a much faster way to earn gold and skin for the characters.

Ya'll need to figure something to out because I know for a fact leader-board staying as it is wont even matter because it was already a joke and I'm sure it's gonna be even more of a joke now.

Best news in a long long time... Im soo happy no longer punished for playing with someone in duo and not worrying about T2 plat!

Not sad to see titles go as well... too much bad reputation at this point they have with all the underhanded actions from top players in past seasons.

> because unranked you play vs everyone who trolls. or ppl who jsut started playing the game. i watned to play rank for decent enemies and rating... but since s7 the seasons are trash tier anyways, so i stopped caring for that. but i still had my hopes up. if the game had quality matches most of the time i wouldnt even mind a soloq. but it doesnt work with the super small population of gw2. rather have somewaht ok matches with a friend. but yeah unranked is just even worse quality than ranked.

>

>

Well if you hope now that people

Will tryhard with no rewards in ladder, just golds and pips reward that you can get by farming match, well my friend, good fucking luck

> @"Nuvola.9460" said:

> > @"Fideles Erbstück.7382" said:

> > because unranked you play vs everyone who trolls. or ppl who jsut started playing the game. i watned to play rank for decent enemies and rating... but since s7 the seasons are trash tier anyways, so i stopped caring for that. but i still had my hopes up. if the game had quality matches most of the time i wouldnt even mind a soloq. but it doesnt work with the super small population of gw2. rather have somewaht ok matches with a friend. but yeah unranked is just even worse quality than ranked.

> >

> >

> Well if you hope now that people

> Will tryhard with no rewards in ladder, just golds and pips reward that you can get by farming match, well my friend, good kitten luck

>

Exactly this. Now there is no reason for people to not play troll builds in ranked too.

> do you even read? the point for recovery for gw2 is far gone. whoever thinks competetive gameplay will come back is either delusional or dumb. and NO ingame reward for some trash tier seasons will change that. just enjoy the game that is left.

Espurtz never dies

Tbh i dont think removing the titles is a good Idea but on the other hand they are a meme anyway nowadays and the devs are Not giving us any new ones .. so w/e

Duo q wont change the quality of the matches much Tho ... Sorry to shatter your dreams. Still looking Forward Tho

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Nuvola.9460" said:

> > > @"Fideles Erbstück.7382" said:

> > > because unranked you play vs everyone who trolls. or ppl who jsut started playing the game. i watned to play rank for decent enemies and rating... but since s7 the seasons are trash tier anyways, so i stopped caring for that. but i still had my hopes up. if the game had quality matches most of the time i wouldnt even mind a soloq. but it doesnt work with the super small population of gw2. rather have somewaht ok matches with a friend. but yeah unranked is just even worse quality than ranked.

> > >

> > >

> > Well if you hope now that people

> > Will tryhard with no rewards in ladder, just golds and pips reward that you can get by farming match, well my friend, good kitten luck

> >

>

> Exactly this. Now there is no reason for people to not play troll builds in ranked too.

the thing is ... i couldnt care less if most of my opponents played trollbuilds. it doent even matter at this point(yes im saying most ppl in platinum are that bad that it doenst matter). i just wanna play ranked witha friend over that lousy plat 2 bar. but pushing a number with a friend. tahts somewaht exiciting to me

> @"Nuvola.9460" said:

> > @"Elxdark.9702" said:

> > ty ben, now give us a decent balance patch and we're ready.

>

> Ready to farm golds and pips yahooo :D :D

Yes, I don't think you watched NA scrims yesterday in Chaith's stream but that should be the goal of ranked, fun and competitive games between good players and I think this is a good step.

Titles lost their value long ago when ppl started to exploit the system and Anet did nothing about that, maybe they could add new badges with cool icons since the ones we have are terrible, but I personally don't care for titles or anything to be "respected" by people I don't even care or know.

I don't know what will happen we shall see but at least we got a change if this fails then Anet will need to do something else but we can't be stuck with the same system forever, maybe more people will leave or more people will play, nobody knows yet but I really think this is a step in the good direction.

> @"PaRaPhReNiA.8763" said:

> > @"Fideles Erbstück.7382" said:

> > do you even read? the point for recovery for gw2 is far gone. whoever thinks competetive gameplay will come back is either delusional or dumb. and NO ingame reward for some trash tier seasons will change that. just enjoy the game that is left.

>

> Espurtz never dies

>

> Tbh i dont think removing the titles is a good Idea but on the other hand they are a meme anyway nowadays and the devs are Not giving us any new ones .. so w/e

> Duo q wont change the quality of the matches much Tho ... Sorry to shatter your dreams. Still looking Forward Tho

>

OMFG treetard. read man. i said the scene is not repairable anymore... but atleast i can enjoy the rest of it witha friend. the qulaity is super low. but having fun with a friend or enduring some boring af matches solo is a whole different world