Where's Zojja?

RazielSpecter.6295

Maybe, just maybe Zojja was not 'fine' when liberated from the pod? She held together for a few minutes and THEN had a complete mental breakdown? Not that unusual actually.

I just hope Zojja never returns. A nice mail 'btw, remember the hateful bitch? She threw herself of Rata Sums highest point in a fit of madness' would be perfect.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> Maybe, just maybe Zojja was not 'fine' when liberated from the pod? She held together for a few minutes and THEN had a complete mental breakdown? Not that unusual actually.

>

> I just hope Zojja never returns. A nice mail 'btw, remember the hateful kitten? She threw herself of Rata Sums highest point in a fit of madness' would be perfect.

I believe they confirmed she is coming back.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> Maybe, just maybe Zojja was not 'fine' when liberated from the pod? She held together for a few minutes and THEN had a complete mental breakdown? Not that unusual actually.

>

> I just hope Zojja never returns. A nice mail 'btw, remember the hateful kitten? She threw herself of Rata Sums highest point in a fit of madness' would be perfect.

Good thing you don't speak for everyone.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > Maybe, just maybe Zojja was not 'fine' when liberated from the pod? She held together for a few minutes and THEN had a complete mental breakdown? Not that unusual actually.

> >

> > I just hope Zojja never returns. A nice mail 'btw, remember the hateful kitten? She threw herself of Rata Sums highest point in a fit of madness' would be perfect.

>

> I believe they confirmed she is coming back.

They wanted her to come back in either this episode or the one right before it, but decided against it cause of to many asura basically.

But yes, shes one of the few asura i generally like and i would like to seer her back..maybe she can smack a few members of the group around a bit.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > Maybe, just maybe Zojja was not 'fine' when liberated from the pod? She held together for a few minutes and THEN had a complete mental breakdown? Not that unusual actually.

> > >

> > > I just hope Zojja never returns. A nice mail 'btw, remember the hateful kitten? She threw herself of Rata Sums highest point in a fit of madness' would be perfect.

> >

> > I believe they confirmed she is coming back.

>

> They wanted her to come back in either this episode or the one right before it, but decided against it cause of to many asura basically.

>

> But yes, shes one of the few asura i generally like and i would like to seer her back..maybe she can smack a few members of the group around a bit.

There is also the issue with how Anet have typecast pretty much all their Asura characters as living Deus Ex Machinas which only exists to move the plot along with some weird contraption or idea.

In that light, Taimi is literally just “the new” Zojja in that their overall “point” in the story is identical and as such there’d be no point in bringing her back when Taimi is already filling that cliché, token role.

That is, unless they realize that it would be a perfect opportunity to actually develop Zojja’s character in her own right while Taimi occupies the token Asura “living plot device” role.

That’d be pretty neat, wouldn’t it?

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > > Maybe, just maybe Zojja was not 'fine' when liberated from the pod? She held together for a few minutes and THEN had a complete mental breakdown? Not that unusual actually.

> > > >

> > > > I just hope Zojja never returns. A nice mail 'btw, remember the hateful kitten? She threw herself of Rata Sums highest point in a fit of madness' would be perfect.

> > >

> > > I believe they confirmed she is coming back.

> >

> > They wanted her to come back in either this episode or the one right before it, but decided against it cause of to many asura basically.

> >

> > But yes, shes one of the few asura i generally like and i would like to seer her back..maybe she can smack a few members of the group around a bit.

>

> There is also the issue with how Anet have typecast pretty much all their Asura characters as living Deus Ex Machinas which only exists to move the plot along with some weird contraption or idea.

>

> In that light, Taimi is literally just “the new” Zojja in that their overall “point” in the story is identical and as such there’d be no point in bringing her back when Taimi is already filling that cliché, token role.

>

> That is, unless they realize that it would be a perfect opportunity to actually develop Zojja’s character in her own right while Taimi occupies the token Asura “living plot device” role.

>

> That’d be pretty neat, wouldn’t it?

>

>

It would, though its still pretty sad theyve been reduced to just..plot devices.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > > > Maybe, just maybe Zojja was not 'fine' when liberated from the pod? She held together for a few minutes and THEN had a complete mental breakdown? Not that unusual actually.

> > > > >

> > > > > I just hope Zojja never returns. A nice mail 'btw, remember the hateful kitten? She threw herself of Rata Sums highest point in a fit of madness' would be perfect.

> > > >

> > > > I believe they confirmed she is coming back.

> > >

> > > They wanted her to come back in either this episode or the one right before it, but decided against it cause of to many asura basically.

> > >

> > > But yes, shes one of the few asura i generally like and i would like to seer her back..maybe she can smack a few members of the group around a bit.

> >

> > There is also the issue with how Anet have typecast pretty much all their Asura characters as living Deus Ex Machinas which only exists to move the plot along with some weird contraption or idea.

> >

> > In that light, Taimi is literally just “the new” Zojja in that their overall “point” in the story is identical and as such there’d be no point in bringing her back when Taimi is already filling that cliché, token role.

> >

> > That is, unless they realize that it would be a perfect opportunity to actually develop Zojja’s character in her own right while Taimi occupies the token Asura “living plot device” role.

> >

> > That’d be pretty neat, wouldn’t it?

> >

> >

>

> It would, though its still pretty sad theyve been reduced to just..plot devices.

It sure is. I mean, they try and get creative with it and expand on their character: Taimi is an interesting character. As are the two new Asura (Blipp and Blorp? One is an ex-Asura, currently-Golem which in itself is a mind blowing thing!).

But how are they used? Just like Zojja before them - plot devices. They just invented a new kind of Plague Scarab or something to move to the plot along and then they stopped being part of the story. Taimi? Pretty much every single LW episode starts, and ends, with her inventing a reason for the plot to happen.

What really is the point in making them such creative/interesting characters, yet utilizing them so poorly? Should be criminal! A crime of literature...

Off the top of my head, Zojja didn't get the plot device treatment, not the way Taimi and others have. In the asura personal story, I don't _think_ she pulled anything convenient out at just the right moment. Her role in the plot was more as a sounding board to bounce things off of and a signpost to point the PC in the right direction, same as most of the other members of DE. After that, she was tied into the dungeon storyline, where she spent most of her time being a character for the sake of being a character, no matter that it got in the way of what the PCs/Caithe/Eir were trying to do. She did contribute to the anti-Zhaitan laser right at the end, but the way that was presented played down its connection to her.

All in all, I wish more asura characters had been modeled after her, but it is what it is.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> Off the top of my head, Zojja didn't get the plot device treatment, not the way Taimi and others have. In the asura personal story, I don't _think_ she pulled anything convenient out at just the right moment. Her role in the plot was more as a sounding board to bounce things off of and a signpost to point the PC in the right direction, same as most of the other members of DE. After that, she was tied into the dungeon storyline, where she spent most of her time being a character for the sake of being a character, no matter that it got in the way of what the PCs/Caithe/Eir were trying to do. She did contribute to the anti-Zhaitan laser right at the end, but the way that was presented played down its connection to her.

>

> All in all, I wish more asura characters had been modeled after her, but it is what it is.

To be fair, it has been literal years since I last played through the vanilla story (what I wouldn’t give to replay it with my main...) so I might be biased in just remembering the laser and stuff she was involved with as a plot device.

I'm trying to think back on the asura storylines myself, and one of the big things I noticed is if you have the Infinity Ball background, Zojja barely appears at all. It was a brief blip at the start of it, but then the new asura (I forget his name) gives you bad advice until evil you steps through the portal with him as Lieutenant. Should have listened to her and have left well-enough alone.

• 4 months later...