woohoo new weapons!

hugo.4705

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > It kind of bothers me that models badly need in Gw2 only came in at 5th place and 8th place. I get it that only Daredevil Thief and Revenant use the staff as a melee weapon, but there are pretty much only 3 (arguably 4) Staff skins in the game that aren't obviously caster staves, 2 of which are part of the Daredevil collection. A little variety would be appreciated...

> > There's a lot more melee staves than that. Just off the top of my head: the two daredevil ones, the scythe, Final Rest, the Reclaimed staff, the Dominator staff, the Forged staff, Lightward's Battlestaff, Sunspear, Darkspear, Sunscythe, and that gem store scythe.

>

> Well, perhaps I misspoke. I meant to say relatively obtainable melee staves that fit the style of monk-type warrior. With that filter in place, that

> effectively removes a large chunk of your list, given a martial artist / monk doesn't really mesh with scythes or spears.

>

> Reclaimed Staff is fugly

> Machined Staff equally so, unless perhaps you're a Charr

> Dominator Staff is odd/ kitchy, but it's price tag of 225g is more relevant

>

> The Forged staff does kinda eek in there, hadn't considered that one.

>

> So outside of the Forged Staff, the only other one on your list that really fits the martial-artist flavor is the Lightward Battlestaff (which I currently use), but which also has a hefty price tag of around 180g given it's a rare drop.

>

> My point being, this was a great way to introduce additional skins to the game, and instead we get more Greatswords and Longwords, both of which have such a wide variety of skins readily available, its really not difficult to find one that matches your race / profession / style.

>

>

Cant speak to scythes but spears are a traditional monk/martial arts weapon.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed all three quests last night for the 3 weapons and I think they are beautifully done, nicer than many legendaries (imo). I love the fact that they were rendered and given backstories; I would like to see more of this kind of content, especially originating from contests for fans!

To those posters who are criticizing the additional content, please keep in mind that this was a unexpected bonus; while you can ask for more or give constructive comments, you should appreciate the opportunity to receive 27 free AP and 3 free exotics (after the initial cost of the 6 sapphires, 3 vials of blood, 15 ecto and 2 lesser vision crystals). ANet could have just put the weapons in the gem store or not included them at all (I can't remember if inclusion in the game was part of the contest rewards...)

> @"Kelian Ravenwood.4130" said:

> I completed all three quests last night for the 3 weapons and I think they are beautifully done, nicer than many legendaries (imo). I love the fact that they were rendered and given backstories; I would like to see more of this kind of content, especially originating from contests for fans!

>

> To those posters who are criticizing the additional content, please keep in mind that this was a unexpected bonus; while you can ask for more or give constructive comments, you should appreciate the opportunity to receive 27 free AP and 3 free exotics (after the initial cost of the 6 sapphires, 3 vials of blood, 15 ecto and 2 lesser vision crystals). ANet could have just put the weapons in the gem store or not included them at all (I can't remember if inclusion in the game was part of the contest rewards...)

A lot of things are free if you dont count the price tag.

Even so, they are rather pretty and it is nice to see skins added to the game (even if I am unlikely to get them) rather than lootboxes.