Weapon Contest ... Now future projects? Mounts / Finishers/ Backpieces ? CAPES/ CLOAKS?!

I can honestly say that i greatly appreciate the fact that Arena Net has actually put forth effort to implement fan based weapon concept art into the game. And not only did they allow all players to have an access to get it, they made it FREE and added a little side quest! That is too awesome and well done, hats off to the Devs for that. Don't know too many MMORPG's that do that. NOW if only we could get some fan based Mount skins maybe? or maybe some creative finishers?! And Why not throw in some CLOAKS and CAPES from Gw1 that EVERYONE has been waiting for since FOREVER lol. I honestly wouldn't mind paying money for some capes and cloaks too, I am anxiously awaiting.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Capes and cloaks wont be added because of the charr more than likely, the closest you can get are the banners.

If they can add banners that are similar to cloaks.. like the Elonian banner found here : ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Banners_of_Ancient_Elona ) I'm sure they can work their way into implementing it into the game.

They continually make strides in how the game functions. I feel like capes aren't out of bounds anymore, even with tails to work with.

Whether or not everyone wants them is irrelevant. There is more than enough interest in capes for them to be worthwhile. I feel like no one was looking for wings to be a thing, but as soon as they were they were a huge hit

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> They continually make strides in how the game functions. I feel like capes aren't out of bounds anymore, even with tails to work with.

> Whether or not everyone wants them is irrelevant. There is more than enough interest in capes for them to be worthwhile. I feel like no one was looking for wings to be a thing, but as soon as they were they were a huge hit

Remember when no one wanted mounts in Gw2 cause they said they didnt want to be like other MMORPGS? Well look at Daddy Anet! Bringing one of the best implementations of the mount system in a MMORPG.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> They continually make strides in how the game functions. I feel like capes aren't out of bounds anymore, even with tails to work with.

> Whether or not everyone wants them is irrelevant. There is more than enough interest in capes for them to be worthwhile. I feel like no one was looking for wings to be a thing, but as soon as they were they were a huge hit

There's still the issue of weapons carried on the back. Would they just clip through the cape? Is that acceptable to those that desire capes? Will the capes just be static during skill animation? If so, is that, also, acceptable? If so, all the luck to those desiring capes.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > They continually make strides in how the game functions. I feel like capes aren't out of bounds anymore, even with tails to work with.

> > Whether or not everyone wants them is irrelevant. There is more than enough interest in capes for them to be worthwhile. I feel like no one was looking for wings to be a thing, but as soon as they were they were a huge hit

>

> There's still the issue of weapons carried on the back. Would they just clip through the cape? Is that acceptable to those that desire capes? Will the capes just be static during skill animation? If so, is that, also, acceptable? If so, all the luck to those desiring capes.

They clip through everything else on the back, why shouldn't capes get a pass?