Troll Keep Claiming

wey daw ming.5784

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> So, you'd have the WvW team stop what they're doing for a year or so to rework guild claiming if the OP wasn't on your server?

>

> Say the issue isn't easily fixed without Anet intervention if you dare.

why'd i want that? what do you mean?

any feedback can be filtered by the wvw team and pile it based on priority. in the least, i'd like them to check it out and decide based on their own research.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> So, you'd have the WvW team stop what they're doing for a year or so to rework guild claiming if the OP wasn't on your server?

>

>

Who said its a easy fix? Its not but they need to do something about it. It can be addressed while they are working on other things. Im not asking for them to stop what they are doing and fix this. I know that they fixed the getting a +5 issue fast so something can be done :)

> @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> Who said its a easy fix? Its not

Nobody said it was easy.

> they need to do something about it.

No, they don't. Claim went to the highest contributor. If the highest contribution was from a guild noone has even seen... On your own Garrison no less... It might be a player made, player solvable issue

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

>

> > Who said its a easy fix? Its not

>

> Nobody said it was easy.

>

> > they need to do something about it.

>

> No, they don't. Claim went to the highest contributor. If the highest contribution was from a guild noone has even seen... *On your own Garrison* no less... It might be a player made, player solvable issue

>

>

Exactly this.

And again, not addressed by the OP.

Second thing not addressed by the OP as it doesn't fit the narrative:

Where do you draw the line? How many buffs is OK? Who decides that?

If this low level guild was able to claim the keep (and your own Garry at that) it's a server problem. Not an Anet problem.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

>

> > Who said its a easy fix? Its not

>

> Nobody said it was easy.

>

> > they need to do something about it.

>

> No, they don't. Claim went to the highest contributor. If the highest contribution was from a guild noone has even seen... On your own Garrison no less... It might be a player made, player solvable issue

>

>

Claim went to highest contributor taken during low coverage hours and yes the player was the troll since they would not remove when asked nicely. As has been stated before anet did this when the +5 was changed so it can be changed for a simple fix. Even if its not fixed until the new alliance is implemented it needs to be fixed.

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> >

> > > Who said its a easy fix? Its not

> >

> > Nobody said it was easy.

> >

> > > they need to do something about it.

> >

> > No, they don't. Claim went to the highest contributor. If the highest contribution was from a guild noone has even seen... On your own Garrison no less... It might be a player made, player solvable issue

> >

> >

>

> Claim went to highest contributor taken during low coverage hours and yes the player was the troll since they would not remove when asked nicely. As has been stated before anet did this when the +5 was changed so it can be changed for a simple fix. Even if its not fixed until the new alliance is implemented it needs to be fixed.

Nope. It doesn't *need* to be fixed.

They never answered you. Were you on when the claim went up? Did you ask within the first 30 minutes of it being posted?

> Yep needs to be fixed. No I was not on when claim went up. No did not ask with the 30 minute time limit and I didnt know there was a time limit. Asked about 50 minutes after the claim was made. Guess the time limit expired huh

Yep. And likely they were offline and not playing but maybe that escapes you?

You are assuming a troll. The whole point of your post assumes a troll. Yet you have not shown where troll behavior actually existed.

They have one claim....

During off hours....

Because they took the keep..,

And because a guild, that by your own 'evidence' claimed a keep, that they captured, when no one else from your server was on, and it upgraded to T3, giving you that level of warscore, you assume it's a troll.....

Lmao.

I wish they would troll my server that way.

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> >

> > > Who said its a easy fix? Its not

> >

> > Nobody said it was easy.

> >

> > > they need to do something about it.

> >

> > No, they don't. Claim went to the highest contributor. If the highest contribution was from a guild noone has even seen... On your own Garrison no less... It might be a player made, player solvable issue

> >

> >

>

> Claim went to highest contributor taken during low coverage hours and yes the player was the troll since they would not remove when asked nicely. As has been stated before anet did this when the +5 was changed so it can be changed for a simple fix. Even if its not fixed until the new alliance is implemented it needs to be fixed.

Well, not removing it when asked may not be "trolling" (as they would need another structure to claim open right then). If they are a guild hoping to recruit and hoping to grow and get some visibility, having their name on structures could help with their recruiting (maybe). Granted, annoying people and not being helpful could do the opposite, but the act of claiming and not immediately giving up the structure when asked isn't automatically a troll.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"wey daw ming.5784" said:

> > >

> > > > Who said its a easy fix? Its not

> > >

> > > Nobody said it was easy.

> > >

> > > > they need to do something about it.

> > >

> > > No, they don't. Claim went to the highest contributor. If the highest contribution was from a guild noone has even seen... On your own Garrison no less... It might be a player made, player solvable issue

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Claim went to highest contributor taken during low coverage hours and yes the player was the troll since they would not remove when asked nicely. As has been stated before anet did this when the +5 was changed so it can be changed for a simple fix. Even if its not fixed until the new alliance is implemented it needs to be fixed.

>

> Well, not removing it when asked may not be "trolling" (as they would need another structure to claim open right then). If they are a guild hoping to recruit and hoping to grow and get some visibility, having their name on structures could help with their recruiting (maybe). Granted, annoying people and not being helpful could do the opposite, but the act of claiming and not immediately giving up the structure when asked isn't automatically a troll.

So if they were a guild hoping to have their name on a structure for exposure I would believe they would drop a few recruitment messages in chat like Quag a newly formed guild we are a level 22 guild growing we have a claim on garrison please pm for info to join dont ya think? Agree just dropping a claim on a tower or a camp isnt trolling but a main structure during a week that has a very close score that will determine if you move down a tier or not, and not answering chat to ask why we want the claim removed is.

I ran across a Quaggan Movie Time person during the previous match. It had the rank of Recruit. The guild is likely a PVE guild and its members might be the kind of players that only come into WvW for daily completion. There's no guarantee that anyone from that guild was online when queries were being made in team chat about the claim. For that matter, there's no guarantee they even play WvW with team chat turned on.

It's a moot point in this particular case since the situation was over shortly after the thread was created. But for future reference it's good to know, as I didn't realize that despite a keep having presence of the keep slotted IF the guild aura isn't there, Presence is worthless, you still only get 15 supply.

Though we can't keep troll guilds from doing stuff like this, it doesn't seem right that someone who may have not been a member of the guild wasted a Presence upgrade. I think that aspect should be looked at and changed, because 20 is still better than 15, but without +5 aura and under this system setup, you could end up being double whammied by troll guilds.

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> I don't know if it's trolling or not. What I do know is that WvW upgrades are one of the most efficient ways to level up your guild hall, so it is weird that they don't have any.

The guild aura buffs for your claimed structures all require 100 mystic coins each, so it's not cheap to get those. The ability to claim structures tho? That is considerably cheaper.