Massive FPS Issues in newest and previous LS maps

Hey Guys,

I recently got back into playing GW2 after taking a break due to irl responsibilities and only logging in to unlock new story chapters when they were released. When I logged in and tried to play in Domain of Istan, I got massive FPS lag near Champion's Dawn, and in the newest map I got a massive drop in FPS near the Allied Encampment. I've never experienced this type of FPS lag in any other part of the game. I've played both the PoF maps and HoT maps and my computer can usually run the game around 30-50 FPS (depending on area and player population) on all high settings. Even when I decrease the settings to minimum, I still have a lower FPS in these parts of the game than I do in any other part of the game with all high settings. Does anyone else have this issue?

These are my specs:

GTX 960M 4GB video card

Intel i7-6700HQ CPU runs at 2.60 GHz but goes up to 3.20 GHz

16 GB RAM

I don't have the best computer but this has always been sufficient in the past and these new maps don't seem to be more graphically advanced than the PoF maps. I'm not sure what the issue is but it really makes playing the new content difficult. If I all the new maps continue to be like this, I'll probably stop playing the game.

I have FPS issues in LS 4 maps, istan, sandswept and kourna, but not evertime near big structures: palawadan empty, othlaoma and allied encampment cause me lags, the worst is for me in labyrinthine cliff when treasure hunt begin and gauntlet race start even if we are a few peoples.

Asus intel core i3 nvidia geforce gtx 740M

Just noticed, same as OP. Usually have 55 to 70 fps, here only 13-20 max.

PS: Best fps in core maps, worst in HoT or PoF maps. 75 -> 55 -> 45

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> I have FPS issues in LS 4 maps, istan, sandswept and kourna, but not evertime near big structures: palawadan empty, othlaoma and allied encampment cause me lags, the worst is for me in labyrinthine cliff when treasure hunt begin and gauntlet race start even if we are a few peoples.

>

> Asus intel core i3 nvidia geforce gtx 740M

>

> Just noticed, same as OP. Usually have 55 to 70 fps, here only 13-20 max.

>

> PS: Best fps in core maps, worst in HoT or PoF maps. 75 -> 55 -> 45

I always assumed the issue with labyrinthine cliffs was due to a hundred people on mounts. I sometimes stick in a mounting animation for multiple seconds when mounting up, and end up halfway across the map by the time by the time it figures things out. That said, some places are worse than others -- especially the middle area (between the wind crystal guy and the sky crystal adventure, if you know where I mean). It's a slideshow there during the treasure hunt. In phase 3, I pretty much just do the lower part, then skip straight to the top with the WP.