[Suggestion} Make Anniversary Reward Account Based

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Then rename the thread instead of reporting/deleting posts. Title = 6th anniversary reward, if it's not meant to be discussed, rename it into "Birthday reward: based on character or account anniversary?"

Discussions of data mined information is against the Forum code of content anyway. No matter what the title is posting data mined information still would get removed.

>[Examples of Infraction Categories](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct/)

>-Unreleased or Data-Mined Content

> @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

NINE days. It's currently the 15th, and the first ones will pop on the 24th. That's nine days. (And I have FIVE that should all pop on that day...)

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> > We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

>

> NINE days. It's currently the 15th, and the first ones will pop on the 24th. That's nine days. (And I have FIVE that should all pop on that day...)

Funny, but gw2efficiency says 8 days for me.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > People act like getting the account bound gift will be game breaking. Hell, I deleted 7 of 9 characters a year ago, 6 of whom were over 4 years old, 1 of which was the character I made the second the servers went live. It's fluff. It doesn't cure cancer, it isn't going to help you retire, sure it's nice to have, but this is just entertainment.

> > I never understood why people get so bent out of shape that someone got (or didn't get) pixels they don't have yet. It would be differrent if the anniversary gifts gave you +100 to all your stats, but we aren't playing that type of game. Calm down folks.

>

> You made me smile. Because honestly, I joke with devs about wanting "+100 to everything" on a fairly regular basis.

>

> Funny, they turn me down every single time. :D

That +100 to everything item would work wonderfully well on my Celestial Elly. Ah well. Harsh devvers, as always. ;)

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> > > We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

> >

> > NINE days. It's currently the 15th, and the first ones will pop on the 24th. That's nine days. (And I have FIVE that should all pop on that day...)

>

> Funny, but gw2efficiency says 8 days for me.

>

>

Timezone variances?

~Tosses 2 coppers to Nath for taking the liberty of changing the thread title.~ :D

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> > > > We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

> > >

> > > NINE days. It's currently the 15th, and the first ones will pop on the 24th. That's nine days. (And I have FIVE that should all pop on that day...)

> >

> > Funny, but gw2efficiency says 8 days for me.

> >

> >

>

> Timezone variances?

>

> ~Tosses 2 coppers to Nath for taking the liberty of changing the thread title.~ :D

Or bug. /shrug.

I’ll come to the forum and complain vociferously if I don’t get a present a day before everyone else. /grin

Are account creation dates even tracked? Character anniversary is simple with the server recording the date of character creation and sending each one an in-game mail. While they could send you an account mail in-game, you can see why they wouldn't find that as impactful as for individual character anniversaries...

I started this game September 23, 2012. I created and deleted a lot of characters until I settled down and got a couple to 80. As a result, I celebrate my first 6th year birthday on November 7th..Gads but I want to reach back through time and give myself a good talking to. Oh well. If wishes were fishes.

It would be nice if every player received something small on the exact day of the game's birthday..nothing big, just something to make everyone feel included.

Happy Birthday in advance :)

Lisa.

• ArenaNet Staff

> *snip* If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

>

No, in my opinion (an opinion hopefully shared by others) this would be a terrible misuse of Customer Support's services, at a time when players need help with access issues, crashes, bugs, or even security concerns. Please do not do this.

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> What should actually happen is for individual posts by those who insist on commenting about what is sure to be the 6th gift as discovered via data-mining/Chinese client to be reported for removal as they are violating several rules (disrespecting the thread creator by derailing their discussion; discussing unreleased, data-mined content).

>

> So mods should leave the thread to discuss what it is discussing, but take a minute to clean up/remove the posts that are breaking rules.

That's exactly what is happening. But shouldn't data-mining (and the release of such information) be forbidden everywhere, not just on this forum, since it is ANet's intellectual property? Why is it allowed elsewhere (like on Reddit and YouTube)?

Anyway, I am glad the OP changed the thread's title to avoid misunderstandings. :+1:

> > *snip* If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

> >

> No, in my opinion (an opinion hopefully shared by others) this would be a terrible misuse of Customer Support's services, at a time when players need help with access issues, crashes, bugs, or even security concerns. Please do not do this.

>

100% agreed Gaile. And if someone deleted their toon(s) way back when then hopefully it's a lesson learned and just wait it out.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> > > We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

> >

> > NINE days. It's currently the 15th, and the first ones will pop on the 24th. That's nine days. (And I have FIVE that should all pop on that day...)

>

> Funny, but gw2efficiency says 8 days for me.

Either way, 14 days was not the right amount... ;)

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> > > > We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

> > >

> > > NINE days. It's currently the 15th, and the first ones will pop on the 24th. That's nine days. (And I have FIVE that should all pop on that day...)

> >

> > Funny, but gw2efficiency says 8 days for me.

> >

> >

>

> Timezone variances?

>

> ~Tosses 2 coppers to Nath for taking the liberty of changing the thread title.~ :D

Thanks ! I appreciate the little attention there.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> Mmh, no thanks. If they become account-based, it means that we'll only get them once, on the other hand, if they stay character-based we can get them as many times as the number of our characters.

Nope theses rewards are only once per account ... no matter how many character celebrate their birthday :) at least the reward i'm talking about in this threat.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > Mmh, no thanks. If they become account-based, it means that we'll only get them once, on the other hand, if they stay character-based we can get them as many times as the number of our characters.

>

> Nope theses rewards are only once per account ... no matter how many character celebrate their birthday :) at least the reward i'm talking about in this threat.

I was referring to dyes in particular.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > Mmh, no thanks. If they become account-based, it means that we'll only get them once, on the other hand, if they stay character-based we can get them as many times as the number of our characters.

> >

> > Nope theses rewards are only once per account ... no matter how many character celebrate their birthday :) at least the reward i'm talking about in this threat.

>

> I was referring to dyes in particular.

While the whole thread is about the other rewards :D it's kinda irrelevant then :)

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> > We are only 14 days from the first GW2 birthdays! I left work early to log in at the launch (head start that is) so my Ranger and Guardian both will hit 6 on 24 August! So excited!!!! One thing I can say I'd like to see added (if possible) and would love to see it in GW1 too...date of character creation added to our login screen.

>

> NINE days. It's currently the 15th, and the first ones will pop on the 24th. That's nine days. (And I have FIVE that should all pop on that day...)

XD oops...I do bad math when multi-tasking lol.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > > Mmh, no thanks. If they become account-based, it means that we'll only get them once, on the other hand, if they stay character-based we can get them as many times as the number of our characters.

> > >

> > > Nope theses rewards are only once per account ... no matter how many character celebrate their birthday :) at least the reward i'm talking about in this threat.

> >

> > I was referring to dyes in particular.

>

> While the whole thread is about the other rewards :D it's kinda irrelevant then :)

The other rewards (such as unique skins or minis like Queen Jennah) can be turned into account-based, I don't care, just don't touch my precious dyes, I need them!

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > What should actually happen is for individual posts by those who insist on commenting about what is sure to be the 6th gift as discovered via data-mining/Chinese client to be reported for removal as they are violating several rules (disrespecting the thread creator by derailing their discussion; discussing unreleased, data-mined content).

> >

> > So mods should leave the thread to discuss what it is discussing, but take a minute to clean up/remove the posts that are breaking rules.

>

> That's exactly what is happening. But shouldn't data-mining (and the release of such information) be forbidden everywhere, not just on this forum, since it is ANet's intellectual property? Why is it allowed elsewhere (like on Reddit and YouTube)?

Because Reddit and YouTube don't care if people discuss what they found by datamining on *any* game. (For reference: SWTOR's official forums have a similar(1) rule: threads / posts discussing datamined information about SWTOR are not allowed.)

(1) There wouldn't be a ban on discussing datamined information about GW2 over there, so long as you keep it in the Off Topic section. That said, you have to be a SWTOR subscriber to post on their forums, lest anyone get any funny ideas.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > What should actually happen is for individual posts by those who insist on commenting about what is sure to be the 6th gift as discovered via data-mining/Chinese client to be reported for removal as they are violating several rules (disrespecting the thread creator by derailing their discussion; discussing unreleased, data-mined content).

> >

> > So mods should leave the thread to discuss what it is discussing, but take a minute to clean up/remove the posts that are breaking rules.

>

> That's exactly what is happening. But shouldn't data-mining (and the release of such information) be forbidden everywhere, not just on this forum, since it is ANet's intellectual property? Why is it allowed elsewhere (like on Reddit and YouTube)?

>

> Anyway, I am glad the OP changed the thread's title to avoid misunderstandings. :+1:

I only wish that it were possible to magically remove (or enforce the removal of) all mentions of unreleased content, whether it's data-mined, a leak, fake news, whatever. Unfortunately, it's a difficult process to get content removed from some hosting sites, other forums set different standards for their content, and some websites have a profit motive in hosting such content. Too, chasing after those posts and videos could be a huge time sink, as you can imagine. Having said that, I think I will talk to our Legal Team to see if we have options about handling such situations.