Icy Runestone into Mystic Runestone

Hey Anet,

I recently changed my mind (happen!) and instead of crafting Incinerator I decided to craft the Claw of the Khan-Ur. Sadly I already spent 100g for the Icy runestone and since this two items are basically the same things (same price, same purpose), can you please give Miyani the ability to change the Icy runestone into the Mystic runestone (obviously for those who have already unlocked the Scholar of Secrets mastery). _**PLEASE <3**_

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

The fun fact is that the support service helps players (refunding), imho they should give us the option to switch between them. Would be easier and with alot less effort for the support. _**It's a WIN-WIN**_

> I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

>

> I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

Its not even really locked though!! when the events not up, its open to purchase, when the event is up its not! o-o

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

>

> I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

I can't remember the vendor for icy runestones ever not being there when I go there. I think he only vanishes if Jormag's Claw event fails?

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

> >

> > I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

>

> I can't remember the vendor for icy runestones ever not being there when I go there. I think he only vanishes if Jormag's Claw event fails?

that was back in the old days (while i was on hiatus for almost 3 years) according to wiki

the NPC is always available as long as Jormag's Frozen Rotten Stinking Toenail isn't around

> @"rbbthole.9074" said:

> Hey Anet,

> I recently changed my mind (happen!) and instead of crafting Incinerator I decided to craft the Claw of the Khan-Ur. Sadly I already spent 100g for the Icy runestone and since this two items are basically the same things (same price, same purpose), can you please give Miyani the ability to change the Icy runestone into the Mystic runestone (obviously for those who have already unlocked the Scholar of Secrets mastery). _**PLEASE <3**_

You could use the icy stones to craft breath of jormag weapons and sell those for a profit.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

> >

> > I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

>

> Its not even really locked though!! when the events not up, its open to purchase, when the event is up its not! o-o

Actually, no, not necessarily...

If the Kill Jormag event fails, the NPC is stumbling around in some kind of drunken stupor and babbling gibberish. And you have to wait until the next **successful** kill of Jormag for him to be in a _better mood_ and sober to open his shop and sell his goods.

I had this happen when I made the Minstrel like 2 months ago. :rage: Shocked the HELL out of me and some other folks. LOL! :lol:

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

> > >

> > > I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

> >

> > Its not even really locked though!! when the events not up, its open to purchase, when the event is up its not! o-o

>

> Actually, no, not necessarily...

> If the Kill Jormag event fails, the NPC is stumbling around in some kind of drunken stupor and babbling gibberish. And you have to wait until the next **successful** kill of Jormag for him to be in a _better mood_ and sober to open his shop and sell his goods.

>

> I had this happen when I made the Minstrel like 2 months ago. :rage: Shocked the HELL out of me and some other folks. LOL! :lol:

Oh i had no idea he had a fail state, ive never actually seen that event fail so im surprised!!!

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

> > > >

> > > > I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

> > >

> > > Its not even really locked though!! when the events not up, its open to purchase, when the event is up its not! o-o

> >

> > Actually, no, not necessarily...

> > If the Kill Jormag event fails, the NPC is stumbling around in some kind of drunken stupor and babbling gibberish. And you have to wait until the next **successful** kill of Jormag for him to be in a _better mood_ and sober to open his shop and sell his goods.

> >

> > I had this happen when I made the Minstrel like 2 months ago. :rage: Shocked the HELL out of me and some other folks. LOL! :lol:

>

> Oh i had no idea he had a fail state, ive never actually seen that event fail so im surprised!!!

IKR! Hahahaha!!! :lol:

Many of us there to buy Icy's were in disbelief!

And, OP, I hope you get your conversion option. It would be nice. And you might try a Support ticket? Maybe they could help. :smile:

The function of it is locking the legendary to the Mastery. For the four collection-based HoT legendaries, Collection IV is gated by t4 Mastery, locking the Gift of [Legendary]. The Shard-based ones however don't have that, obviously, so instead they switch Icy Runestones to the new Mystic ones, that are locked by Mastery.

tl;dr: Easiest way to gate them behind t4 Legendary Crafting Mastery.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > I wonder why they added mystic runestones anyway, what is the point of having both?

> > > >

> > > > I'm 95% sure its because Icy Runestones are tied to the Claw of Jormag event, and there have been scattered complaints about things being "locked behind events". All the Collection based Gen2s use Icy Runestones, while all the Gen 2.5s (the ones that switched to the "shards" production model) use mystic runestones.

> > >

> > > Its not even really locked though!! when the events not up, its open to purchase, when the event is up its not! o-o

> >

> > Actually, no, not necessarily...

> > If the Kill Jormag event fails, the NPC is stumbling around in some kind of drunken stupor and babbling gibberish. And you have to wait until the next **successful** kill of Jormag for him to be in a _better mood_ and sober to open his shop and sell his goods.

> >

> > I had this happen when I made the Minstrel like 2 months ago. :rage: Shocked the HELL out of me and some other folks. LOL! :lol:

>

> Oh i had no idea he had a fail state, ive never actually seen that event fail so im surprised!!!

I also seem to recall that he used to only have a short window of time after a successful Claw kill where he'd become a vendor. This was several years ago, though (as far back as when world bosses didn't have a set spawn time, making us have to just sit around in the zone for an hour or more to see if it'll pop up), and I think they made a point to change him to an almost-permanent vendor.