The problem with Chronophantasma

Me Games Ma.8426

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > Chrono has fantastic burst and decent sustained DPS. Only thibg that makes chrono unblanaced is the fact that they can generate so many boons at once. Two very inportant ones for DPS which is quickness and alacrity can be generated on mass and all others can be shared arround with SoI. Thats what is most broken on chrono and thats why i said that chronophantasms should not have bonusses on their second summon. This would tune down the overtuned boon generation without gutting the burst dmg.

> > Not only are you ignoring the point you made yourself which is SoI is what is sharing these boons out not Chronophantasma, Chronophantasma doesn't generate Alacrity and support Chrono takes Seize the moment.

> >

>

> Yeah but phantasms generate the boons on yourself on mass.

Im terms of boon generation, for a power build only one phantasm used in the meta build will generate boons on summoning. That's offhand sword. Every other boon would be generated through traits.

Some of you guys are meshing two builds together.

In pve it's either boon sharing or power.

And iirc one of the wider used variants of boonshare chrono doesn't use Chronophantasma. Since you could use the other traits to get more quickness, which is more desired than extra might stacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't read the whole thread, but I get the overall motto, and mostly agree with it. Devs have to take Chronophantasma into an account, when balancing phantasms. And as a result, non-Chrono builds suffer the consequences of directed Chronophantasma nerfs. Like what they did in May, where almost every single phantasm (aside from swordsman, berserker and duelist) was nerfed by 50%. All of those were directed to nerf chrono-bunker.

That's kinda sad.

About my own experience with the trait - I got into a game quite recently. I played the game for some time (almost exclusively sPvP) on start in 2012, then dropped it for almost 6 years. Came back less than a month ago, and basically had to re-learn the game from scratch.

So I tested various builds. Including the one with Chronophantasma. And my impression was, is that the trait can be **quite strong in some situations**, in case of stationary fights (e.g., on point in sPvP). And especially strong utility-wise (namely, double Disenchanter). Not mentioning Might generation.

**But clunky as fuck in every other situation:**

For example, berserkers , when you first summon them, spawn on top of the target and immediately do the spin. They rarely miss. Then they normally turn into clones, which you can use for shatters. Nice, right? But in case of the Chronophantasma, they resummon themselves and attempt to do the spin. But now they aren't in range, and have to chase the target (pretty much like phantasm swordsman does). Most often, in case of the heated teamfight, they die on the run. As the result, you don't get bonus damage, but more importantly, you don't get clones.

And even if they manage to do they second spin, and successfully transform into clones - it takes YEARS yo get your precious clones.

So, as the result of running Chronophantasma, you either **severely** lack clones for shatters (and you need shatters in pvp, especially considering, that Chrono is kinda shatter-focused specialization).

Or you're forced to drop either Domination or Illusions in order to take Duelling and get the clone generation on dodge. Which is kind of a lose-lose scenario.

> @"Tiah.3091" said:

> Didn't read the whole thread, but I get the overall motto, and mostly agree with it. Devs have to take Chronophantasma into an account, when balancing phantasms. And as a result, non-Chrono builds suffer the consequences of directed Chronophantasma nerfs. Like what they did in May, where almost every single phantasm (aside from swordsman, berserker and duelist) was nerfed by 50%. All of those were directed to nerf chrono-bunker.

> That's kinda sad.

>

> About my own experience with the trait - I got into a game quite recently. I played the game for some time (almost exclusively sPvP) on start in 2012, then dropped it for almost 6 years. Came back less than a month ago, and basically had to re-learn the game from scratch.

> So I tested various builds. Including the one with Chronophantasma. And my impression was, is that the trait can be **quite strong in some situations**, in case of stationary fights (e.g., on point in sPvP). And especially strong utility-wise (namely, double Disenchanter). Not mentioning Might generation.

> **But clunky as kitten in every other situation:**

> For example, berserkers , when you first summon them, spawn on top of the target and immediately do the spin. They rarely miss. Then they normally turn into clones, which you can use for shatters. Nice, right? But in case of the Chronophantasma, they resummon themselves and attempt to do the spin. But now they aren't in range, and have to chase the target (pretty much like phantasm swordsman does). Most often, in case of the heated teamfight, they die on the run. As the result, you don't get bonus damage, but more importantly, you don't get clones.

> And even if they manage to do they second spin, and successfully transform into clones - it takes YEARS yo get your precious clones.

>

> So, as the result of running Chronophantasma, you either **severely** lack clones for shatters (and you need shatters in pvp, especially considering, that Chrono is kinda shatter-focused specialization).

> Or you're forced to drop either Domination or Illusions in order to take Duelling and get the clone generation on dodge. Which is kind of a lose-lose scenario.

So you think Chronophantasma is too strong but also has a major drawback so isn't worth using? Ok.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> So you think Chronophantasma is too strong but also has a major drawback so isn't worth using? Ok.

I think, that Chronophantasma **is an example of terrible design**. It's strong, but it sucks at the same time. As you lot, I want the trait to be reworked entirely or deleted.

There is a really good thing about this though. See, initially i was in love with power chrono i wanted just only to play that - but the more i played it the more i realized how much i despised chronoplasma mechanics how clunky how annoying, how... delayed everything is and failing on target movements etc. Just bad.

So that led to the good thing, i started taking a more serious look at mirage and now i am totally in love with playing that.

I have no desire to go back to clunkymode.

> @"Tiah.3091" said:

> > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > So you think Chronophantasma is too strong but also has a major drawback so isn't worth using? Ok.

> I think, that Chronophantasma **is an example of terrible design**. It's strong, but it sucks at the same time. As you lot, I want the trait to be reworked entirely or deleted.

>

Or just pick another triat. Traits are supposed to be all powerful.