Its becoming less of a l2p issue.

iKeostuKen.2738

The only l2p issue ic is players not playing the classes that all that matters for lower effort fights with higher chance of rewards, and keep bringing 1 ranger and try to face 5-10+ players.

Or guardians with no healing power that are using the elite signet >_>, seriously.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > You kinda just gotta accept that almost regardless of what you pick there's always some builds you're heavily disadvantaged against 1v1. Like I avoid 1v1s with condi mirages whenever possible because in my experience Rev just doesn't match up well against it. That isn't to say it's an impossible match, it's just a heavily disadvantaged one.

> > > >

> > > > Now here's the issue: Say that you're planning on solo roaming and you know ahead of time that you're likely to run into a ton of condi mirages. Do you bring a rev? Eh maybe not. If you do bring a rev you need to accept ahead of time that you've really got your work cut out for you. Doesn't mean you can't win fights. Just means it's probably gonna be an uphill battle.

> > >

> > > Basically nothing matches up well against a competent condi mirage - especially with dodge sigils/runes/food. It's an unwinnable fight if the mirage isn't completely braindead. It's just broken in 1v1. The best you can hope to do is escape.

> >

> > I dunno...Generally I seem to do well vs them. I dont have a perfect win rate against them, however ive won the majority of my fights. Power Axe/torch + GS mirage (No EM, no sword, no mantra). GS ambush clears clones fast and gives me a high # of stacks of might. As long as I avoid the bigger condi bursts (as my cleanses are poop) then im golden.

> >

> > Ive also seen weavers wreck condi mirages. Seen a few druids as well.

>

> I'm not sure showing that condi mirages can be beaten by other mesmers disproves the point. I personally have never beaten a mirage in a 1v1, if they can't beat me quickly they just stealth/blink away and come back later.

I apologize, however If you noticed I also mentioned a couple other classes as well that can beat a condi mirage, not just my DPS mirage. I can also add Ghost Sniper DE, and scourge as well to that list. They have horrible condi clears so you can use that to y our advantage.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > You kinda just gotta accept that almost regardless of what you pick there's always some builds you're heavily disadvantaged against 1v1. Like I avoid 1v1s with condi mirages whenever possible because in my experience Rev just doesn't match up well against it. That isn't to say it's an impossible match, it's just a heavily disadvantaged one.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now here's the issue: Say that you're planning on solo roaming and you know ahead of time that you're likely to run into a ton of condi mirages. Do you bring a rev? Eh maybe not. If you do bring a rev you need to accept ahead of time that you've really got your work cut out for you. Doesn't mean you can't win fights. Just means it's probably gonna be an uphill battle.

> > > >

> > > > Basically nothing matches up well against a competent condi mirage - especially with dodge sigils/runes/food. It's an unwinnable fight if the mirage isn't completely braindead. It's just broken in 1v1. The best you can hope to do is escape.

> > >

> > > I dunno...Generally I seem to do well vs them. I dont have a perfect win rate against them, however ive won the majority of my fights. Power Axe/torch + GS mirage (No EM, no sword, no mantra). GS ambush clears clones fast and gives me a high # of stacks of might. As long as I avoid the bigger condi bursts (as my cleanses are poop) then im golden.

> > >

> > > Ive also seen weavers wreck condi mirages. Seen a few druids as well.

> >

> > I'm not sure showing that condi mirages can be beaten by other mesmers disproves the point. I personally have never beaten a mirage in a 1v1, if they can't beat me quickly they just stealth/blink away and come back later.

>

> I apologize, however If you noticed I also mentioned a couple other classes as well that can beat a condi mirage, not just my DPS mirage. I can also add Ghost Sniper DE, and scourge as well to that list. They have horrible condi clears so you can use that to y our advantage.

3 from jaunt, and 1 per dodge (and there are tons of dodges) is nothing to sneeze at. It's better than a lot of classes' cleanse for sure. I wouldn't call it horrible.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > You kinda just gotta accept that almost regardless of what you pick there's always some builds you're heavily disadvantaged against 1v1. Like I avoid 1v1s with condi mirages whenever possible because in my experience Rev just doesn't match up well against it. That isn't to say it's an impossible match, it's just a heavily disadvantaged one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now here's the issue: Say that you're planning on solo roaming and you know ahead of time that you're likely to run into a ton of condi mirages. Do you bring a rev? Eh maybe not. If you do bring a rev you need to accept ahead of time that you've really got your work cut out for you. Doesn't mean you can't win fights. Just means it's probably gonna be an uphill battle.

> > > > >

> > > > > Basically nothing matches up well against a competent condi mirage - especially with dodge sigils/runes/food. It's an unwinnable fight if the mirage isn't completely braindead. It's just broken in 1v1. The best you can hope to do is escape.

> > > >

> > > > I dunno...Generally I seem to do well vs them. I dont have a perfect win rate against them, however ive won the majority of my fights. Power Axe/torch + GS mirage (No EM, no sword, no mantra). GS ambush clears clones fast and gives me a high # of stacks of might. As long as I avoid the bigger condi bursts (as my cleanses are poop) then im golden.

> > > >

> > > > Ive also seen weavers wreck condi mirages. Seen a few druids as well.

> > >

> > > I'm not sure showing that condi mirages can be beaten by other mesmers disproves the point. I personally have never beaten a mirage in a 1v1, if they can't beat me quickly they just stealth/blink away and come back later.

> >

> > I apologize, however If you noticed I also mentioned a couple other classes as well that can beat a condi mirage, not just my DPS mirage. I can also add Ghost Sniper DE, and scourge as well to that list. They have horrible condi clears so you can use that to y our advantage.

>

> 3 from jaunt, and 1 per dodge (and there are tons of dodges) is nothing to sneeze at. It's better than a lot of classes' cleanse for sure. I wouldn't call it horrible.

. . . When condi burst exist 1 cleanse per dodge is pitiful and using all jaunts just to survive a condi burst is unrealistic

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > You kinda just gotta accept that almost regardless of what you pick there's always some builds you're heavily disadvantaged against 1v1. Like I avoid 1v1s with condi mirages whenever possible because in my experience Rev just doesn't match up well against it. That isn't to say it's an impossible match, it's just a heavily disadvantaged one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now here's the issue: Say that you're planning on solo roaming and you know ahead of time that you're likely to run into a ton of condi mirages. Do you bring a rev? Eh maybe not. If you do bring a rev you need to accept ahead of time that you've really got your work cut out for you. Doesn't mean you can't win fights. Just means it's probably gonna be an uphill battle.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Basically nothing matches up well against a competent condi mirage - especially with dodge sigils/runes/food. It's an unwinnable fight if the mirage isn't completely braindead. It's just broken in 1v1. The best you can hope to do is escape.

> > > > >

> > > > > I dunno...Generally I seem to do well vs them. I dont have a perfect win rate against them, however ive won the majority of my fights. Power Axe/torch + GS mirage (No EM, no sword, no mantra). GS ambush clears clones fast and gives me a high # of stacks of might. As long as I avoid the bigger condi bursts (as my cleanses are poop) then im golden.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ive also seen weavers wreck condi mirages. Seen a few druids as well.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not sure showing that condi mirages can be beaten by other mesmers disproves the point. I personally have never beaten a mirage in a 1v1, if they can't beat me quickly they just stealth/blink away and come back later.

> > >

> > > I apologize, however If you noticed I also mentioned a couple other classes as well that can beat a condi mirage, not just my DPS mirage. I can also add Ghost Sniper DE, and scourge as well to that list. They have horrible condi clears so you can use that to y our advantage.

> >

> > 3 from jaunt, and 1 per dodge (and there are tons of dodges) is nothing to sneeze at. It's better than a lot of classes' cleanse for sure. I wouldn't call it horrible.

>

> . . . When condi burst exist 1 cleanse per dodge is pitiful and using all jaunts just to survive a condi burst is unrealistic

Well, it's more than I've got. I'm out there with Healing Turret (cleanses 2), rocket boots, gear shield, and 2 dodges as my defense, and I can manage just fine against any condi build except condi mirage (because of the spam) and occasionally condi thief (same reason).

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"BlueMelody.6398" said:

> > > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > > > You kinda just gotta accept that almost regardless of what you pick there's always some builds you're heavily disadvantaged against 1v1. Like I avoid 1v1s with condi mirages whenever possible because in my experience Rev just doesn't match up well against it. That isn't to say it's an impossible match, it's just a heavily disadvantaged one.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now here's the issue: Say that you're planning on solo roaming and you know ahead of time that you're likely to run into a ton of condi mirages. Do you bring a rev? Eh maybe not. If you do bring a rev you need to accept ahead of time that you've really got your work cut out for you. Doesn't mean you can't win fights. Just means it's probably gonna be an uphill battle.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Basically nothing matches up well against a competent condi mirage - especially with dodge sigils/runes/food. It's an unwinnable fight if the mirage isn't completely braindead. It's just broken in 1v1. The best you can hope to do is escape.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I dunno...Generally I seem to do well vs them. I dont have a perfect win rate against them, however ive won the majority of my fights. Power Axe/torch + GS mirage (No EM, no sword, no mantra). GS ambush clears clones fast and gives me a high # of stacks of might. As long as I avoid the bigger condi bursts (as my cleanses are poop) then im golden.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ive also seen weavers wreck condi mirages. Seen a few druids as well.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not sure showing that condi mirages can be beaten by other mesmers disproves the point. I personally have never beaten a mirage in a 1v1, if they can't beat me quickly they just stealth/blink away and come back later.

> > > >

> > > > I apologize, however If you noticed I also mentioned a couple other classes as well that can beat a condi mirage, not just my DPS mirage. I can also add Ghost Sniper DE, and scourge as well to that list. They have horrible condi clears so you can use that to y our advantage.

> > >

> > > 3 from jaunt, and 1 per dodge (and there are tons of dodges) is nothing to sneeze at. It's better than a lot of classes' cleanse for sure. I wouldn't call it horrible.

> >

> > . . . When condi burst exist 1 cleanse per dodge is pitiful and using all jaunts just to survive a condi burst is unrealistic

>

> Well, it's more than I've got. I'm out there with Healing Turret (cleanses 2), rocket boots, gear shield, and 2 dodges as my defense, and I can manage just fine against any condi build except condi mirage (because of the spam) and occasionally condi thief (same reason).

I traded in rocket boots for elixer C. Works better for me especially against scourge.