Top 5 class, underrated roamers?

Jay.3409

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > @"Shadowcat.2680" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > bugged range on longbow

> > > >

> > > Every weapon in the game with arcing projectiles has a longer range than the tooltip states. Staff autoattack on ele has the same behavior as does any bow variant.

> >

> > Probably true, but in ranger is too much.

> >

> > Today using warrior in wvw I wanted to make a "test" and i started running away from a ranger almost near to him. I have the passive 25% mov. speed. I had swiftness and we were both in combat because he started shooting me. I used greatsword5 (1200 range) bull's charge (900 range)= 2100 range. He was camping longbow and didn't use any leap because I was looking back, after few seconds the arrows were already able to hit me, for sure I wasn't less then 1800 range.

> > This happened to me many many times, I am like 1000hp and I am running away using all my mobility skills, nothing you can do, ranger will still be able to reach you.

> >

> > When I play longbow dh or rifle holo I get constantly obstructed by invisible objects and out of range red message.

> >

> > Today ranger's projectiles hit me around a corner and he downed me, I was running away from him and I just passed a corner of a building I was the arrow pass through and hit me, I was like kitten, I get obstructed by invisible terrain kitten and this guy got me behind a corner. And not with longbow5, but with pew pew longbow. I wish I could screen that moment where the arrow where passing through, but I was just too mad think about that.

>

> So what you basicly reached as conclusion in this test is...

>

> ... that ranged weapons have range?

Nope, that 1500 range shouldn't be 1800+. ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> The sword/sword revenant is just crazy powerful. Huge spikes and good healing too. I know I'm not the best player (I play a spellbreaker) but man, I was getting completely clowned by that guy over the last few days.

>

> It's also kind of a demoralizing thing to meet such roamers who will completely mop the floor with you without you being even able to touch them. Guess it's part of the learning process?

Rev doesn't really have good healing - it's good against players who don't know how to deal with it yet only. **Infuse Light** (heal skill on Herald) inverts all incoming damage into healing, so watch out for the _ping_/_ting_ sound (Idk how to describe it) and a ball of white light on the rev, that's when he used the skill. If he does that just stow weapon and kite for about 3 seconds. The other healing skill is probably the Shiro one, when the rev uses it you can see the daggers hovering around him. You can either use shield 5 (which I believe will reflect the daggers - if traited - and heal YOU instead), or just evade the attacks (6 of them).

I agree with the high damage part though - rev's weapon skills have relatively low cooldown and hit hard as a truck, especially when there are 25 stacks of might, which is easy on Rev because of [incensed Response](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Incensed_Response). Rev is generally strong against power builds, so it's not surprising you may have a hard time as a Spellbreaker.

> @"Traveller.7496" said:

> The sword/sword revenant is just crazy powerful. Huge spikes and good healing too. I know I'm not the best player (I play a spellbreaker) but man, I was getting completely clowned by that guy over the last few days.

>

> It's also kind of a demoralizing thing to meet such roamers who will completely mop the floor with you without you being even able to touch them. Guess it's part of the learning process?

Unless you play tanky as a spellbreaker a good rev will wipe the floor with you every time. If you're running some cavs, durability runes, and double balanced stance, the fight shifts in the spellbreaker's favor due to rev's low sustain.