The best solo experience I had so far (Queen's Gauntlet - Liadri)

Everyone from the gauntlet probably already know her, her name is Liadri the Concealing Dark. I think for a lot of people, this will be different experience. I think it depends on your GW2 experience and/or class you play, but for me, it was the best solo experience since the beginning of GW2.

I was trying to beat Liadri on and off since the beginning of the festival, I have spent hundreds of tickets just on her, I was angry, desperate, blaming RNG, smashing desk on my table many times and still, as title suggests, I had my best solo experience with this boss.

To bring it more into context, its not just the mechanics of the boss, that make the best experience for me. To this day, I still dont fully understand how Cosmic Rift works and feel a bit RNG to me, but in general I like mechanics of this boss a lot. Even if I failed so much and so hard, I was feeling I am getting a little better every time I do it. I like more complex mechanics like this or the Glint cave vision in LWs2 (even though that one could also be brute forced).

But mechanics alone couldnt do it for me. Today marks the last day of the Festival and I was determined to just take her down. After another bunch of fails I had to take a brake, so I do a bit of RP and as announcer encourages us to do, I was cheering for other contestants. Until one nice Asura did the same for me, we chat and support each others fight, until I finally manage to beat it.

I was so happy, that I was even shaking a bit and I have never appreciate mini so much. I would still be happy even without the Asura, but she bring the whole experience on another level. So even if you dont like queues, they sometimes turn out great. Thanks again my fellow Asura and ANet for this great experience and hopefully many more to come.

I know this doesnt sound like much for some, but this while experience, the combination of events and people made it just great for me.

PS: (Funny enough I also had the worst GW2 experience just the day before that :) )

Gz on the Liadri-kill. I also had a great time with it while going for the 8 orbs. The feeling of beating something challenging on your own is quite different to for example doing a raid-boss. I liked it.

> @"Spellshaper.6240" said:

> PS: (Funny enough I also had the worst GW2 experience just the day before that :) )

Nooo, you cant tease me like that and then not tell what that worst experience was D:

Yeah, I like that it was challenging because of its interesting mechanics, not because of zerg, huge health bar or something like that. And if you meet nice people doing that, its all you can ask for.

Honestly, I dont want to share that experience. Not because its personal or secret or anything, I just want to rather share positive vibes inside and outside of the game. But since I made that remark, I will give a hint:

There is one downside to the mounts, yes they are fast and pretty, but they kind of make you care less about other people on your travels.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> gz @"Spellshaper.6240"

> I felt the same way defeating Liadri four years ago. That was a lot of fun, since I'm slow to learn fancy footwork.

Thank you, <3 Yeah, I am the same =)

> @"Halan.8951" said:

> This is the first time I did the gauntlet. As firebrand with carrion armor and viper weapons/trinkets everything seemed easy. Got Liadri on second try (but didn't manage to do 8 orbs). Deadey Dunwell was harder, killed him from downstate.

>

> Then I tried doing it as a power character, and what a harder experience it was!

I know that experience can be different based on build and profession and how skilled you are of course =) .