Superior Rune of the Scholar

DragonFury.6243

+10% damage while your health is above 90% is a very good damage modifier that used in the oneshoot builds so how about give these builds some down side and change it to

+10% damage while your health at 100% health

i know isn't too much but its better than **ASKING ANET** to nerf them because that is better believe me T_T

PS the current professions/elites that used Superior Rune of the Scholar are

* d/p teef

* de teef

* power shatter mirage

* and some usually use it like radiant hammer and SLB

may be you know more please tell us

If you consider the meta going from zerker to marauder after HoT lost you 23% crit dmg - this really doesn't make that much of a difference now. All you have to do is hit them once, if they are still over 90% they are bunkers and do no damage anyways, else they lose their bonus damage.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> If you consider the meta going from zerker to marauder after HoT lost you 23% crit dmg - this really doesn't make that much of a difference now. All you have to do is hit them once, if they are still over 90% they are bunkers and do no damage anyways, else they lose their bonus damage.

usually the professions/elites that used Superior Rune of the Scholar have a lot stealth and blink and hitting them will be hard before they burst you but if the damage modifier is at 100% health then simple AOE skill will help a lot

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > So one retal tick removes the bonus.

> >

> > Sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.

>

> and its good damage modifier if you ask me

But no one asked. This idea is incredibly dumb. What do those three builds have in common? They don't typically use amulets with toughness so one hit will usually take them below 90% health.

The best thing is that this doesn't help vs the oneshots because with a oneshot inc they are always like 100% HP and most of them are a freekill anyway when failing the first inc because they are bad. The last bonus should get reworked. Also superiority complex needs a little nerf, every noob can just fail every dmg-combo and still make insane pressure with all the dmg mulitplier.

> @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > people still use scholar?

> >

> > Infiltration is where its at... 12% damage, free stealth and a break target in one rune

>

> Scholar also has 100 ferocity and 175 power btw.

>

and one of my many passive traits or passive might gains will cover that + do more, it's why I also left out the precision stats from Infiltration.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > people still use scholar?

> > >

> > > Infiltration is where its at... 12% damage, free stealth and a break target in one rune

> >

> > Scholar also has 100 ferocity and 175 power btw.

> >

>

> and one of my many passive traits or passive might gains will cover that + do more, it's why I also left out the precision stats from Infiltration.

How you even compare infiltration with 100 precision and condition to hit your foe UNDER 50% hp (struck below 20% for stealth hp is ...a joke... come on) to power/ferocity that always with you ? Pack runes way better anyway ...

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > people still use scholar?

> > > >

> > > > Infiltration is where its at... 12% damage, free stealth and a break target in one rune

> > >

> > > Scholar also has 100 ferocity and 175 power btw.

> > >

> >

> > and one of my many passive traits or passive might gains will cover that + do more, it's why I also left out the precision stats from Infiltration.

>

> How you even compare infiltration with 100 precision and condition to hit your foe UNDER 50% hp (struck below 20% for stealth hp is ...a joke... come on) to power/ferocity that always with you ? Pack runes way better anyway ...

It's nice you like Pack, we all have our favourites, I'm more of a Hoelbrak sorta guy but I only posted infiltration because it has a damage modifier like OP posted and that seems to be what he's complaining about, damage modifiers from high burst builds and infiltration would fit that appropriately considering it will only take 1 maybe 2 skills to get them below 50% health.

When did Infiltration get condition btw?

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > people still use scholar?

> > > > >

> > > > > Infiltration is where its at... 12% damage, free stealth and a break target in one rune

> > > >

> > > > Scholar also has 100 ferocity and 175 power btw.

> > > >

> > >

> > > and one of my many passive traits or passive might gains will cover that + do more, it's why I also left out the precision stats from Infiltration.

> >

> > How you even compare infiltration with 100 precision and condition to hit your foe UNDER 50% hp (struck below 20% for stealth hp is ...a joke... come on) to power/ferocity that always with you ? Pack runes way better anyway ...

>

> It's nice you like Pack, we all have our favourites, I'm more of a Hoelbrak sorta guy but I only posted infiltration because it has a damage modifier like OP posted and that seems to be what he's complaining about, damage modifiers from high burst builds and infiltration would fit that appropriately considering it will only take 1 maybe 2 skills to get them below 50% health.

>

> When did Infiltration get condition btw?

>

>

I mean : its work only if enemy under 50%... 1-2 skills to bring ppl to 50%? Then its doesnt matter what rune you are using ?:D

Its pretty clear from his post ,even written, he complaint about classes who use it for oneshots

> +10% damage while your health is above 90% is a very good damage modifier that used in the oneshoot builds so how about give these builds some down side-

Nerfing Scholar Rune by increasing the HP requirement won't stop oneshot builds. Most people who get blown up by oneshots do not have retaliation up 100% of the time and largely do not dodge. And even for those matchups that would suffer from this, exploitation sigil would largely cover the difference.

You should gear your focus towards specific trait lineups. Doing the legwork to determine specifically what trait lineups lead to oneshots in what situations will at best draw Anet's attention to people getting too much reward out for their skill input, or at worst let you see what you need to avoid.

With the exception of some dagger DE builds which can just stay and recover in stealth for years (Which isn’t a really a problem in a conquest game type) for all the rest you just need to hit it a couple times times and it loses the 10% of its damage. That is enough of a drawback.

One shot builds hurt but they are readable. Even the most extreme cases with thief where they get multiple tries should offer more than enough chances to either cap a point, get back up, or counter them alone before messing up and being taken down.

Besides it’s not run as much as you think, and nerfing the classes based on a rune is ridiculous.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> You should gear your focus towards specific trait lineups. Doing the legwork to determine specifically what trait lineups lead to oneshots in what situations will at best draw Anet's attention to people getting too much reward out for their skill input, or at worst let you see what you need to avoid.

i know all that but do you believe that we can draw ANET attention regards SPVP

i did this post to see the pvper's reaction to oneshot builds mechanics and i see now that they wanted these build to stay as they are

PS

the only time i can Q is when their is very low player and i noticed that these build eat my teammates and when i decided to go after them they have a lot of stealth and blinks and that make me and my team at disadvantage sometimes

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > people still use scholar?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Infiltration is where its at... 12% damage, free stealth and a break target in one rune

> > > > >

> > > > > Scholar also has 100 ferocity and 175 power btw.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > and one of my many passive traits or passive might gains will cover that + do more, it's why I also left out the precision stats from Infiltration.

> > >

> > > How you even compare infiltration with 100 precision and condition to hit your foe UNDER 50% hp (struck below 20% for stealth hp is ...a joke... come on) to power/ferocity that always with you ? Pack runes way better anyway ...

> >

> > It's nice you like Pack, we all have our favourites, I'm more of a Hoelbrak sorta guy but I only posted infiltration because it has a damage modifier like OP posted and that seems to be what he's complaining about, damage modifiers from high burst builds and infiltration would fit that appropriately considering it will only take 1 maybe 2 skills to get them below 50% health.

> >

> > When did Infiltration get condition btw?

> >

> >

>

> I mean : its work only if enemy under 50%... 1-2 skills to bring ppl to 50%? Then its doesnt matter what rune you are using ?:D

> Its pretty clear from his post ,even written, he complaint about classes who use it for oneshots

but there are no 1 shots... those builds use a succession of skills to produce the one shot effect which will incorporate your 1 or 2 skills to get them below 50% health which also means the runes still appropriately fit the discussion.

Yes it appears he is complaining about runes with % damage modifiers being used for 1 shot builds, but the issue is that the rune won't stop people from 1 shotting him, regardless if they were wearing scholar, infiltration, pack or hoelbrak. If OP can't read the enemy set up or dodge any of the prerequisites to the "one shot" then I think OP deserved to die.

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > You should gear your focus towards specific trait lineups. Doing the legwork to determine specifically what trait lineups lead to oneshots in what situations will at best draw Anet's attention to people getting too much reward out for their skill input, or at worst let you see what you need to avoid.

>

> i know all that but do you believe that we can draw ANET attention regards SPVP

> i did this post to see the pvper's reaction to oneshot builds mechanics and i see now that they wanted these build to stay as they are

I think Arenanet is largely ignoring the oneshot argument because it's presented as a loaded claim by nature. Usually most builds that lead to a kill are several skills used in quick succession, and that on its own takes significant skill to execute, if they have a particular order or timing in which they must be used. If there were specific builds that incorporated one or two button presses to immediately down someone, I'm pretty sure we'd have a patch somewhere in the works or a dev comment on it, but a lot of the concern and complaint about "oneshot" builds are people too unaware of their opponent's kit to know that they just got hit with a half dozen skills at once, or too unwilling to acknowledge that they got hit with several skills in succession and did not respond promptly enough to stay alive.

If you specifically isolate skills or skill rotations that you find to be problematic, you'll either see flaws in them you can exploit or have a solid case for why something is OP. That's probably why they dont respond to every single "oneshot cheese" cry.

Not to say that Anet is by habit speedy when there are breakdowns of why something is cheesy or broken to begin with, but just a thought.