Lost as New Lvl 80 Warrior

wanakanabe.6219

I bought game about a month ago and leveled a guardian and maxed his armorsmithy.After hitting 80 and getting comfortable with the game,i boosted a warrior.I want to use the warrior as my main after giving him a shot. I am totally lost on elite specs , builds and weapons,armor and stats... Hard to get a read from youtube because most videos are 5 years old and the ones i do find more current are all over the placed geared more toward seasoned players picking up the lingo. I see axe/axe spell breaker,gs bow condi,some say mace sheild,dagger dagger,sword/torch and stats seem to change with weapons/builds.

I am trying to get hero points first but struggling in Hot,haven't tried pof but i have the expansion.I'd like to do pve and WvW,not to interested in all out pvp at the moment,haven't done any dungeons or fractals as i am trying to get his hero points and build down first.

So i am trying to ask here,is there a basic build that offers good damage with survivablility and if so what are the best weapons with that build.So far really enjoying the game,just wish builds weren't all over the map

Thanks!

I am not a warrior expert (you might want to post your query in the Warrior forum). However I can say that a Mesmer expert steered me to Assassins (or Berserker) on armor/weapons with Soldiers on trinkets, and my Mesmer has been fine in fractals ever since (she is a Chronomancer). So that could work for base warrior.

For the elites, you have a choice of Berserker (elite, not stat set) or Spellbreaker. Berserker is all about fire damage, so you would probably want to focus on condition stats rather than power/berserker, in which case the generally accepted best condi set is Vipers. It's not super easy to get, but one hint is not to make it in Ascended form but make other cheaper stat sets and mystic forge convert them. For exotic level the various story steps and achieves will offer selectable stat gear, so with patience you can end up getting Vipers without a massive materials sink. Spellbreaker I can't really speak to, I've barely used mine.

Weapons, sorry, I really can't advise which types to use. Warrior forum readers can help you there. I will note that torch is specific to Berserker and can only be equipped while you are set up with that elite. Same with dagger for Spellbreaker. The reason stat sets change is that weapon skills do specific sorts of damage and are intrinsic to the weapons, so if you wield weapons that don't inflict conditions there's not much use to a condi damage boost.

> @"wanakanabe.6219" said:.

> So i am trying to ask here,is there a basic build that offers good damage with survivablility and if so what are the best weapons with that build.So far really enjoying the game,just wish builds weren't all over the map

>

> Thanks!

I suggest this one:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Greataxe

It is technically a PvP build, but it works really well in PvE as well. The inclusion of the Defense traitline offers you a lot of extra sustain/healing (Adrenal Health) and various auto-defenses that activate when you find yourself in trouble. This means that it will be a very forgiving build for when you are still learning the ropes of the class. When you become more comfortable with the class you can switch it out for an offensive one such as Spellbreaker for more damage.

As for stats, you could either stick to Knight's for more beef but less damage or Berserker's for more damage (the buffer offered by Defense is more than enough, IMO though). Since this is a PvP build, you can ignore the stats/runes/sigils on the listed equipment as they don't apply to PvE - although Strength runes in your armour isn't a bad choice.