3rd Party Apps!

SevR.6429

> @"SevR.6429" said:

> I always have my FOV as far out as possible at all times, in all RPG games. Except in Guild wars 2 Jumping Puzzles I find those easiest to do zoomed in more like the FOV I use in Quake-3A/L/C. I still have not been able to target the **inside wall** of a Tower wall with Barrage. It's possible that now without the LoS requirement is how the aiming hax can target the **inside wall** of a Tower.

>

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > You are correct that commenters haven't seen what you have. That would be because you haven't posted a video of what you saw.

> >

> > They have done what Anet would have to do based on your post: **speculate**.

> >

> > Which is not going to get your Desired result.

> >

> > If you can't record, or are unwilling to record, I am afraid that your pursuit is perceived as little more than an ignorance of the features of the classes involved.

> >

> > With video, your point would be much more eloquent and possibly even more convincing.

>

> Some of this is true. Have no fear it's okay, the target group would understand. DPS meters/Equipped item viewers/Special Cursors exist which solidifies that the game has hax. If one/then two... However my post had nothing to do with other players and their opinions of what happened. I've been doing IT/CSS for a while now, and I know that Arena Net has their own CSS team. This post was directed towards that team to let them know it's getting this bad, which was my desired result. If they are like the team I'm on, in which most are, they would know how it's being done and what needs to be done. Which is why I mentioned encrypting the game residing in memory which is where the hax start. I would really like to see that implemented.

>

***Slow Clap***

So... I am sure the people you want looked at your thread because they know you're credible. Especially when everything you noted has been shown to be possible without hacking.

But truly, my opinion and the opinion of others here doesn't matter...

And which is why there is an exploits email to send things to.

But hey, keep posting non substantiated items in a discussion forum.

You'll get your desired outcome.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"SevR.6429" said:

> > I always have my FOV as far out as possible at all times, in all RPG games. Except in Guild wars 2 Jumping Puzzles I find those easiest to do zoomed in more like the FOV I use in Quake-3A/L/C. I still have not been able to target the **inside wall** of a Tower wall with Barrage. It's possible that now without the LoS requirement is how the aiming hax can target the **inside wall** of a Tower.

> >

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > You are correct that commenters haven't seen what you have. That would be because you haven't posted a video of what you saw.

> > >

> > > They have done what Anet would have to do based on your post: **speculate**.

> > >

> > > Which is not going to get your Desired result.

> > >

> > > If you can't record, or are unwilling to record, I am afraid that your pursuit is perceived as little more than an ignorance of the features of the classes involved.

> > >

> > > With video, your point would be much more eloquent and possibly even more convincing.

> >

> > Some of this is true. Have no fear it's okay, the target group would understand. DPS meters/Equipped item viewers/Special Cursors exist which solidifies that the game has hax. If one/then two... However my post had nothing to do with other players and their opinions of what happened. I've been doing IT/CSS for a while now, and I know that Arena Net has their own CSS team. This post was directed towards that team to let them know it's getting this bad, which was my desired result. If they are like the team I'm on, in which most are, they would know how it's being done and what needs to be done. Which is why I mentioned encrypting the game residing in memory which is where the hax start. I would really like to see that implemented.

> >

>

> ***Slow Clap***

>

> So... I am sure the people you want looked at your thread because they know you're credible. Especially when everything you noted has been shown to be possible without hacking.

>

> But truly, my opinion and the opinion of others here doesn't matter...

>

> And which is why there is an exploits email to send things to.

>

> But hey, keep posting non substantiated items in a discussion forum.

>

> You'll get your desired outcome.

No need to be condescending ,great way to encourage new players or old , we all know there are 3rd party apps because players these days cannot play games without cheats or whatever hacks are available . Some people think these are ok but at the end of the day what do they get out of using them?? A feeling of achievement of being a good player who knows the mindset of players that cheat the systems , I "speculate" that they maybe less skilled in the game .

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > @"SevR.6429" said:

> > > I always have my FOV as far out as possible at all times, in all RPG games. Except in Guild wars 2 Jumping Puzzles I find those easiest to do zoomed in more like the FOV I use in Quake-3A/L/C. I still have not been able to target the **inside wall** of a Tower wall with Barrage. It's possible that now without the LoS requirement is how the aiming hax can target the **inside wall** of a Tower.

> > >

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > You are correct that commenters haven't seen what you have. That would be because you haven't posted a video of what you saw.

> > > >

> > > > They have done what Anet would have to do based on your post: **speculate**.

> > > >

> > > > Which is not going to get your Desired result.

> > > >

> > > > If you can't record, or are unwilling to record, I am afraid that your pursuit is perceived as little more than an ignorance of the features of the classes involved.

> > > >

> > > > With video, your point would be much more eloquent and possibly even more convincing.

> > >

> > > Some of this is true. Have no fear it's okay, the target group would understand. DPS meters/Equipped item viewers/Special Cursors exist which solidifies that the game has hax. If one/then two... However my post had nothing to do with other players and their opinions of what happened. I've been doing IT/CSS for a while now, and I know that Arena Net has their own CSS team. This post was directed towards that team to let them know it's getting this bad, which was my desired result. If they are like the team I'm on, in which most are, they would know how it's being done and what needs to be done. Which is why I mentioned encrypting the game residing in memory which is where the hax start. I would really like to see that implemented.

> > >

> >

> > ***Slow Clap***

> >

> > So... I am sure the people you want looked at your thread because they know you're credible. Especially when everything you noted has been shown to be possible without hacking.

> >

> > But truly, my opinion and the opinion of others here doesn't matter...

> >

> > And which is why there is an exploits email to send things to.

> >

> > But hey, keep posting non substantiated items in a discussion forum.

> >

> > You'll get your desired outcome.

>

> No need to be condescending ,great way to encourage new players or old , we all know there are 3rd party apps because players these days cannot play games without cheats or whatever hacks are available . Some people think these are ok but at the end of the day what do they get out of using them?? A feeling of achievement of being a good player who knows the mindset of players that cheat the systems , I "speculate" that they maybe less skilled in the game .

You are right @"cobbah.3102" . I went a little far.

This post reminded me, I had some thief's "Thief Guild" and a third thief assistant spawn come through a wall and start attacking me last night.

I've gotten used to pets and mesmer clones, but it's getting alittle ridiculous when 3 pistol firing minion are able to stroll in and start attacking you when you just want to farm the nodes.

Just recently today in WVW in EB at Mendon's Gap a zerg of Maguuma came to take claim over the tower which I was residing in. As I was playing Ranger I ranged dps scourges closest to the entrance and due to them spawning shades near my area I decided to back up closest to the inner section of the tower only for a necromancer mark to appear below me. If this is not strange enough, when I would use my weapon skills against an opponent nothing happens, my character displays the animation but no dmg is displayed on screen and chat, and player isn't taking any dmg what so ever. I thought it was my longbow that was having issue only to swap to axe and find it was having the same issue. So, I'm not quite certain if this is in relation to any 3rd party software or not, but seems to be the case considering this happens to often.

> I am sure the people you want looked at your thread because they know you're credible.

Let's hope! **On Topic** I hope to see the memory encrypted to start making using 3rd party app more difficult to use.

>Especially when everything you noted has been shown to be possible without hacking.

The opposite actually. Please read before you post TL:DR doesn't work well on forums. For starters on helping you understand what's **really** going on, google (if you still use the antiquated search engine) DPS Meters for starters. You'll need to dig deeper for other hacks. Personally I would never promote the use of them by posting here.

> You'll get your desired outcome.

As stated, I already did. *crosses fingers for encryption*

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Ranger can see thru the gap in the top of the gate to place a barrage. Takes some tweaking of your camera settings.

> It's not a hack

It's an exploit. The gap should block Line of Sight. So if you are able to avoid that blocked LoS it's using an exploit.

> @"geist.9173" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > Ranger can see thru the gap in the top of the gate to place a barrage. Takes some tweaking of your camera settings.

> > It's not a hack

>

> It's an exploit. The gap should block Line of Sight. So if you are able to avoid that blocked LoS it's using an exploit.

It would appear that the below notes its not an exploit? but an intended change?

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> SeVR, I cannot speak for Ele, but Anet fixed a _6 year old Ranger bug_ regarding Barrage not needing line of sight back in May. Since that update, my Ranger has been able to Barrage well over walls and into the middle of a tower:

>

> Ranger

> •Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

>

> Reference:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39192/game-update-notes-may-8-2018#latest

>

And thus also not a hack?

> > @"geist.9173" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > Ranger can see thru the gap in the top of the gate to place a barrage. Takes some tweaking of your camera settings.

> > > It's not a hack

> >

> > It's an exploit. The gap should block Line of Sight. So if you are able to avoid that blocked LoS it's using an exploit.

>

> It would appear that the below notes its not an exploit? but an intended change?

>

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > SeVR, I cannot speak for Ele, but Anet fixed a _6 year old Ranger bug_ regarding Barrage not needing line of sight back in May. Since that update, my Ranger has been able to Barrage well over walls and into the middle of a tower:

> >

> > Ranger

> > •Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

> >

> > Reference:

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39192/game-update-notes-may-8-2018#latest

> >

>

> And thus also not a hack?

Nope, not a hack. Anet gave Rangers an early (or late as hell) Xmas gift, so to speak. :lol:

Hop on your Ranger and try it. It takes a little practice, but there's no spot in a tower, basically, that is beyond your reach now.

> @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"geist.9173" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > Ranger can see thru the gap in the top of the gate to place a barrage. Takes some tweaking of your camera settings.

> > > > It's not a hack

> > >

> > > It's an exploit. The gap should block Line of Sight. So if you are able to avoid that blocked LoS it's using an exploit.

> >

> > It would appear that the below notes its not an exploit? but an intended change?

> >

> > > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > SeVR, I cannot speak for Ele, but Anet fixed a _6 year old Ranger bug_ regarding Barrage not needing line of sight back in May. Since that update, my Ranger has been able to Barrage well over walls and into the middle of a tower:

> > >

> > > Ranger

> > > •Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

> > >

> > > Reference:

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39192/game-update-notes-may-8-2018#latest

> > >

> >

> > And thus also not a hack?

>

> Nope, not a hack. Anet gave Rangers an early (or late as hell) Xmas gift, so to speak. :lol:

> Hop on your Ranger and try it. It takes a little practice, but there's no spot in a tower, basically, that is beyond your reach now.

The '?' Wasn't really a true question. It was a kind way of noting to the OP that explainations for all that he has called hacks (and they still may well have been. I wasn't present during his experience) can be easily explained and have been in this thread, but apparently that was not enough.

I still hope he reported to the exploits email that Anet has set up as that is the method they have asked from us to report issues.

That was the whole point of my initial reply, however, I received a snarky reply, which led me to respond in kind, which, was not necessary.

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"geist.9173" said:

> > > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > Ranger can see thru the gap in the top of the gate to place a barrage. Takes some tweaking of your camera settings.

> > > > > It's not a hack

> > > >

> > > > It's an exploit. The gap should block Line of Sight. So if you are able to avoid that blocked LoS it's using an exploit.

> > >

> > > It would appear that the below notes its not an exploit? but an intended change?

> > >

> > > > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > > > SeVR, I cannot speak for Ele, but Anet fixed a _6 year old Ranger bug_ regarding Barrage not needing line of sight back in May. Since that update, my Ranger has been able to Barrage well over walls and into the middle of a tower:

> > > >

> > > > Ranger

> > > > •Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

> > > >

> > > > Reference:

> > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39192/game-update-notes-may-8-2018#latest

> > > >

> > >

> > > And thus also not a hack?

> >

> > Nope, not a hack. Anet gave Rangers an early (or late as hell) Xmas gift, so to speak. :lol:

> > Hop on your Ranger and try it. It takes a little practice, but there's no spot in a tower, basically, that is beyond your reach now.

>

> The '?' Wasn't really a true question. It was a kind way of noting to the OP that explainations for all that he has called hacks (and they still may well have been. I wasn't present during his experience) can be easily explained and have been in this thread, but apparently that was not enough.

>

> I still hope he reported to the exploits email that Anet has set up as that is the method they have asked from us to report issues.

>

> That was the whole point of my initial reply, however, I received a snarky reply, which led me to respond in kind, which, was not necessary.

Ahhh, ok, so it was rhetorical, gotcha! :tongue:

In any case, guys, try to have fun and have a good one! :+1:

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > > @"SevR.6429" said:

> > > I always have my FOV as far out as possible at all times, in all RPG games. Except in Guild wars 2 Jumping Puzzles I find those easiest to do zoomed in more like the FOV I use in Quake-3A/L/C. I still have not been able to target the **inside wall** of a Tower wall with Barrage. It's possible that now without the LoS requirement is how the aiming hax can target the **inside wall** of a Tower.

> > >

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > You are correct that commenters haven't seen what you have. That would be because you haven't posted a video of what you saw.

> > > >

> > > > They have done what Anet would have to do based on your post: **speculate**.

> > > >

> > > > Which is not going to get your Desired result.

> > > >

> > > > If you can't record, or are unwilling to record, I am afraid that your pursuit is perceived as little more than an ignorance of the features of the classes involved.

> > > >

> > > > With video, your point would be much more eloquent and possibly even more convincing.

> > >

> > > Some of this is true. Have no fear it's okay, the target group would understand. DPS meters/Equipped item viewers/Special Cursors exist which solidifies that the game has hax. If one/then two... However my post had nothing to do with other players and their opinions of what happened. I've been doing IT/CSS for a while now, and I know that Arena Net has their own CSS team. This post was directed towards that team to let them know it's getting this bad, which was my desired result. If they are like the team I'm on, in which most are, they would know how it's being done and what needs to be done. Which is why I mentioned encrypting the game residing in memory which is where the hax start. I would really like to see that implemented.

> > >

> >

> > ***Slow Clap***

> >

> > So... I am sure the people you want looked at your thread because they know you're credible. Especially when everything you noted has been shown to be possible without hacking.

> >

> > But truly, my opinion and the opinion of others here doesn't matter...

> >

> > And which is why there is an exploits email to send things to.

> >

> > But hey, keep posting non substantiated items in a discussion forum.

> >

> > You'll get your desired outcome.

>

> we all know there are 3rd party apps because players these days cannot play games without cheats or whatever hacks are available

These days?

The OP may be new, but having his claims debunked should be the end of it.. L2p _then_ tell us what's a cheat or not

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> The OP may be new, but having his claims debunked should be the end of it.. L2p _then_ tell us what's a cheat or not

You're misinformed. Nothing of what I stated has been proven to be possible w/out the use of a game crutch.

I've tried with my Ranger to move the damage circle up the outer wall of a Tower, over the top of the rampart, and down the inner tower wall onto a player standing next to it, then let off Barrage. No success.

Also, no success of anyone stating they can use Scourge skills **only** travel with the player with no **static** damage circle where there is supposed to be one.

I am new, started in April '05 with a Necromancer. So far I'm loving the 6yr armor I got the 25th of August, Nice work Arena Net!

You did some hard googling on the game genie, nice.

I reference something from **this** century, like these recent hax for Guild Wars 2....

https://www.vialofsalt.com/threads/installing-arcdps-tutorial-personal-dps-meter.8031/

These are just relative to the one Arena Net "allows". IF one/THEN two...

All solidifying my point that Guild Wars 2 specific game hax exist, and the game would be better without them. Starting by encrypting the game in memory.

If you need more education on how computers/networks function, take some class'.

> @"SevR.6429" said:

>

> You're misinformed. Nothing of what I stated has been proven to be possible w/out the use of a game crutch.

>

FROM THE PATCH NOTES, MAY 8TH:-

Ranger

Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

Read it. Read it again.

[

"https://youtube.com/watch?v=9ucafLTI6AI&feature=youtu.be")

Short vid demonstrating what is possible with barrage. No addons etc. I included at the start my camera settings.

> @"SevR.6429" said:

> Also, no success of anyone stating they can use Scourge skills **only** travel with the player with no **static** damage circle where there is supposed to be one.

>

I'm not sure I understand this sentence entirely but do you mean that no one has proved to you it's possible to use scourge shade skills without placing a shade? Because the damage does also cast at the necro itself and "follow" it around. Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding what you said!

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

As previously stated, TL:DR doesn't work well in forum postings. I watched the video and none of the scenarios cover what I typed happened. **ALSO** previously stated I've already found a custom cursor that seems to lock on an opponent. Again as previously stated go deep to find it yourself. To clarify - **Nothing of what I stated has been proven to be possible w/out the use of a game crutch.**

Meowtier, with Scourge skills there are supposed to be two cast locations, self & static. It seems there was no static, all stacked on self.

If anyone is gonna TL:DR here, at least put up a +1 for memory encryption.

> @"SevR.6429" said:

>

> Meowtier, with Scourge skills there are supposed to be two cast locations, self & static. It seems there was no static, all stacked on self.

>

> If anyone is gonna TL:DR here, at least put up a +1 for memory encryption.

>

You can do that just by using a shade skill without placing a shade though

> @"alcopaul.2156" said:

> i think a competent patcher can just hack any game using hex editor and unicode characters, assuming that he knows the character transformations of the encryption tunnels.

True, however making the game in memory encrypted will make hacking more difficult. One thing we can count on these days is that people are lazier. The developer might not bother if they have to do more work in compiling it, and if using a hack isn't as easy for script-kiddies it can defer them as well.