> @"GenghisKhan.7842" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"reaVer.4056" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"reaVer.4056" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > @"reaVer.4056" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Mea.5491" said:

> > > > > > > > > I ran Istan for about 3 hours and got no more than 30 gold.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're doing something wrong. When I farm I only do a Pala - Akili - GH rotation once. The whole thing takes about 1 hour (waiting for Pala time included). I usually get around 20 Gold out of it (slightly depends on RNG) and I don't even open unid gear (I heard people who do get more Gold but I'm lazy to boost my MF). If I repeat my lazy rotation 3 times (3 hours total), I get around 60 Gold. The good thing is that I get an hour of downtime after GH because Pala starts every 2 hours so I can log off to work (I work at home).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Keep in mind that MF is a big factor in the amount of gold you can acquire from farming. There's going to be significant difference in a 300MF player and a 100MF player running the same events.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As for paying real life money for gold... I'm not paying ArenaNet a dime for reasons I cannot name because it would be a code of conduct violation, with the expect consequence that follows from that. Even if we were to ignore that, I would still not buy any gems since I've already paid for his game. I should not have to pay an additional fee to get access to the full game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What additional money are you having to pay for access to the full game.. you have access to the full game when you bought it and the expacs.. the only thing you might have to stump up for aside from that is LS chapters if you didn't log in, in the appropriate timeframe when the chapter(s) went live.

> > > > > > Stuff from the gem store is nothing to do with access to game content. Nothing in the gemstore disadvantages you if you don't choose to buy it and absolutely does not block progress or gate you from content you have already paid for.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't see your point. I said I won't pay money to get access to all the content and you subsequently say that I shouldn't have to pay money to get all the content granted I paid in time (which is a ridiculous notion in itself).

> > > >

> > > > Maybe re-read what you actually wrote in the first place.....namely the part that says "Even if we ignore all that, I would still not buy any gems since I've already paid for this game. I should not have to pay an additional fee to get access to the full game".....

> > > >

> > > > After purchasing the game and expacs you don't have to pay another dime for access to the full content.. nothing, nada, nowt.

> > > > Gem store purchases are a choice that is nether forced on you or a requirement to access game content.

> > > > Therefore your point is pretty much moot.

> > >

> > > So you completely missed the point of the thread which opened with the question "Why farm gold when you can buy gems?". If HoT is your initial purchase you don't get the living stories from before HoT, if you purchase HoT late you're missing some that come out after. If you don't pay for PoF you don't get the living stories that come out after PoF. So to get access to the full content of HoT I would have to pay a substantial amount of gems that I can either obtain by farming gold or by paying for gems. Now my answer again: I paid for HoT, GW2 core is supposedly free to play ( Kappa ) and thus to unlock the full content for HoT I won't pay any more money because I already paid for the game. And if gold farm ends up taking too long for me, I will lose interest in this game and play another game. Do you understand now?

> > >

> > > At the same time PoF ain't happening because everything I hear about it is bad; the issue I cannot name also ties into this. And the next expansion I won't buy either.

> >

> > Yeah I had to buy a lot of the LS stuff and I also feel that some items in the gem store that I think belong to the game itself like inventory and bank space mostly. However, since there is no sub I accepted that I had to spend some money on that. It's a very F2P game type of thing but that's the sort of things I get with gems mostly. Cause really the bank and inventory space you get is really insufficient. You can manage but it's annoying. Even with expanded slots on my main I still run into the full bags situation. So my next purchase will likely be that little machine that you can salvage stuff endless for copper cause I'm tired of having to spend slots on each individual salvage kit of 25 uses. Though I seem to remember there is a 250 variant you can get somehow, but I'd rather just have one slot that I don't have to keep stocking up on and can use endlessly.

>

> The Copper-Fed Salvage-Matic in shared Inventory slot really increased my QoL, compared to the Mystic Salvage Kit (250 uses)

>

Yes, thank you, those are exactly the items I was referring to. I got more storage and got unbreakable gathering tools first and the next one will be that Copper-Fed Salvage-Matic as I can see how handy that is to have. One question if I may. The gathering tools can only be used by one character at a time and have to be in the appropriate slots. I could send them around but that's annoying but I find them too expensive to get on multiple characters. Does the Salvage-Matic work normally if I place it in a shared inventory slot?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> One question if I may. Does the Salvage-Matic work normally if I place it in a shared inventory slot?

Yes, I confirm !

I have it like that since its purchase and works normally

From any character, anywhere in the world, you right click it, Salvage all Masterwork and lower, Accept and you are done !

> @"GenghisKhan.7842" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > One question if I may. Does the Salvage-Matic work normally if I place it in a shared inventory slot?

>

> Yes, I confirm !

> I have it like that since its purchase and works normally

> From any character, anywhere in the world, you right click it, Salvage all Masterwork and lower, Accept and you are done !

Well that's confirmed then. I need to get that :)

> @"reaVer.4056" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"reaVer.4056" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"reaVer.4056" said:

> > > > > > @"Mea.5491" said:

> > > > > > > I ran Istan for about 3 hours and got no more than 30 gold.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're doing something wrong. When I farm I only do a Pala - Akili - GH rotation once. The whole thing takes about 1 hour (waiting for Pala time included). I usually get around 20 Gold out of it (slightly depends on RNG) and I don't even open unid gear (I heard people who do get more Gold but I'm lazy to boost my MF). If I repeat my lazy rotation 3 times (3 hours total), I get around 60 Gold. The good thing is that I get an hour of downtime after GH because Pala starts every 2 hours so I can log off to work (I work at home).

> > > > >

> > > > > Keep in mind that MF is a big factor in the amount of gold you can acquire from farming. There's going to be significant difference in a 300MF player and a 100MF player running the same events.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for paying real life money for gold... I'm not paying ArenaNet a dime for reasons I cannot name because it would be a code of conduct violation, with the expect consequence that follows from that. Even if we were to ignore that, I would still not buy any gems since I've already paid for his game. I should not have to pay an additional fee to get access to the full game.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What additional money are you having to pay for access to the full game.. you have access to the full game when you bought it and the expacs.. the only thing you might have to stump up for aside from that is LS chapters if you didn't log in, in the appropriate timeframe when the chapter(s) went live.

> > > > Stuff from the gem store is nothing to do with access to game content. Nothing in the gemstore disadvantages you if you don't choose to buy it and absolutely does not block progress or gate you from content you have already paid for.

> > >

> > > I don't see your point. I said I won't pay money to get access to all the content and you subsequently say that I shouldn't have to pay money to get all the content granted I paid in time (which is a ridiculous notion in itself).

> >

> > Maybe re-read what you actually wrote in the first place.....namely the part that says "Even if we ignore all that, I would still not buy any gems since I've already paid for this game. I should not have to pay an additional fee to get access to the full game".....

> >

> > After purchasing the game and expacs you don't have to pay another dime for access to the full content.. nothing, nada, nowt.

> > Gem store purchases are a choice that is nether forced on you or a requirement to access game content.

> > Therefore your point is pretty much moot.

>

> So you completely missed the point of the thread which opened with the question "Why farm gold when you can buy gems?". If HoT is your initial purchase you don't get the living stories from before HoT, if you purchase HoT late you're missing some that come out after. If you don't pay for PoF you don't get the living stories that come out after PoF. So to get access to the full content of HoT I would have to pay a substantial amount of gems that I can either obtain by farming gold or by paying for gems. Now my answer again: I paid for HoT, GW2 core is supposedly free to play ( Kappa ) and thus to unlock the full content for HoT I won't pay any more money because I already paid for the game. And if gold farm ends up taking too long for me, I will lose interest in this game and play another game. Do you understand now?

>

> At the same time PoF ain't happening because everything I hear about it is bad; the issue I cannot name also ties into this. And the next expansion I won't buy either.

No you are missing the point.

I directly quoted what you said and disagreed with you in entirety..

When purchasing HoT you were given a free pass for core Tyria.. something that was a hot potato to veteran players when it was announced, which prompted ANET to push out a gift of an extra toon slot iirc.

Wheter you originally bought core tyria like me or whether you got it packaged with HoT you have access to full content. But both you or I would then have to purchase LS updates if we did not log in to the game during its live window.

These are game addons, mini expacs if you like, they are optional and if you log in when they go live you get them for free.

You paid a single price for HoT.. half or less what others have paid for core+HoT so whining about paying for LS is kind of moot.. you don't get everything for free in life.

The fact you can farm gold and use it to purchase gems makes it more of a non issue.

GW2 core is now F2P yes, and those F2P accounts have restrictions.. you don't. You just have to either buy or farm/convert/buy the LS you missed. That is no different to someone who actually had to purchase GW2 core and then went on a hiatus for 6months.. so yes your points are moot.

> @"Jaunty.6018" said:

> I ran Istan for about 3 hours and got no more than 30 gold. I'm aware some people can make more, but it's still not much. Considering you can spend $20 on various sites and get 2,000 gems, which equate to around 600 gold, I see gold farming in this game as nothing more than pointless slave labor. Even if you have a low wage job why not just work 2-3 extra hours and get a gem card?

>

> At the rate I've experienced, it would take you _60 hours of farming_ to get 600 gold. 60 in-game hours vs. 2-3 hours of real work (or less if you're fortunate). It makes no sense. It's not as if gold farming is _super fun_ or anything. Hell, you can't even watch Netflix while you do it because the gameplay is too intense.

I hate farming... when there's a timer and a map lock, like Dragon's stand (I've been kicked out of it a few times even though I had been waiting there and I was in the squad) I hate it even more. Leather farming at Lake Doric? What's so fun about it? Leathers are rng. Istan? I think I'm at the third burn out since I've restarted playing GW2 with my boyfriend.

If we had the money to spend on the gemstore, we wouldn't be playing GW2. Just to make the experience bearable, not frustrating, you'd need to spend at least around 5.5k gems. Path of Fire prep pack + Account Jump start would be the bare minimum, then you should add a copper-o-matic and a storage expander and maybe some shared inventory slot for those map TP. Oh... you maybe would like to try out all classes, well, since you can't do that, you'll have to buy the character slot. And if that character looks incredibly UGLY, well, you'll have to pay even more to have the FULL customization. 700 gems for just the character slot is too much, at least have it with the full customization option, especially Asura and Charr...

I bought a gem card at GameStop as a unique treat (I'll be buying character slots as soon as they go on discount), because we do not have the money to pay monthly fees videogames and in the end I prefer GW2's combat system to simple tab targetting, but I do not like the experience of farming in this game. I loved it in BDO because fighting was orgasmic and I could go on hours ENJOYING IT. But the only idea of having to farm efficiently, which excludes enjoying the game, it's what makes me logging in during the week just for dailies. Even my boyfriend that is generally very patient gave up on GW after a week of farming Fractals dailies, you cannot enjoy having your spec, you cannot enjoy the fractal, no, you only have to rush through it to get your money or your chance at ascended gear. You do not enjoy the game in itself, you just want the reward, and if you can't get it fast enough ppl start being toxic.

Sadly, we didn't have the chance to find someone friendly on EU side with whom to "enjoy" farming.

> @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Choice is always an illusion. There is no scientific proof of free will or any idea how it even might work with the known laws of physics.

> >

>

> True, but the inverse is not true. Free Will may not be proven, but Determinism has been disproven. According to the Heisenberg principle, if you observe a particle, that observation itself affects the state of the particle, making it impossible to calculate the future state of the universe based on it's current state.

>

> To a quantum level of accuracy at any rate. I mean, I'm still reasonably certain that it will rain sometime this year ;)

>

Even if quantum mechanic have an element of uncertainity (which could also be explained with theories like superdeterminism or hidden variables), it makes no difference for us. Either way we had no influence on our own life and are basically just spectators who experience themselves in a movie.

> I’m not sure if this is your first MMO or not but this is the nature of practically all MMO’s. If you’re not grinding for gold then you’re grinding for drops due to RNG.

>

> A lot of people here are confusing an MMO with a single player game. Certainly GW2 could be played as such but its entirety wasn’t built using the same structure as one. You’re not going to get BiS gear without much effort as you would playing Skyrim.

Mmm... I hate to always bring up WoW but when you are grinding for gear there, you are also playing the class you want, how you want. Example: I loved being a healer/tank there and I could grind through dungeons being one. This helped me know the class and prepare for harder content. What does Istan teach you? How to break bars? I hope ppl already learnt it with Mordremoth and SW.

I hate that if a want a Minstrel/Harrier build I have to farm as an idiot for hours or months - I usually prefer to use my own mats - and then I end up having the gear, no experience whatsoever about my newly achieved class, with ppl yelling at me because I don't know how to play it well. @_@ How?!

I'd prefer to farm dungeons non stop at least at the same time I would understand something of my class and the game. Pity Anet doesn't want to revamp them.

Istan is mindless grind, it has even become more annoying thanks to those damn turrets. At least if I use a shortbow autoattack with my DD I don't oneshot mobs and ppl can hit the mob and get their contibution... wait for character slot sale and I'll get an eng too... but really everytime I decided to linger there more than an hour resulted in me not playing the game at all for the next 2 days.

In response to someone else, I think this post is useful. Because Anet could think of a better quality farming content than those we have now.

> @"Idril.8532" said:

> > I’m not sure if this is your first MMO or not but this is the nature of practically all MMO’s. If you’re not grinding for gold then you’re grinding for drops due to RNG.

> >

> > A lot of people here are confusing an MMO with a single player game. Certainly GW2 could be played as such but its entirety wasn’t built using the same structure as one. You’re not going to get BiS gear without much effort as you would playing Skyrim.

>

> Mmm... I hate to always bring up WoW but when you are grinding for gear there, you are also playing the class you want, how you want. Example: I loved being a healer/tank there and I could grind through dungeons being one. This helped me know the class and prepare for harder content. What does Istan teach you? How to break bars? I hope ppl already learnt it with Mordremoth and SW.

>

> I hate that if a want a Minstrel/Harrier build I have to farm as an idiot for hours or months - I usually prefer to use my own mats - and then I end up having the gear, no experience whatsoever about my newly achieved class, with ppl yelling at me because I don't know how to play it well. @_@ How?!

>

> I'd prefer to farm dungeons non stop at least at the same time I would understand something of my class and the game. Pity Anet doesn't want to revamp them.

>

> Istan is mindless grind, it has even become more annoying thanks to those kitten turrets. At least if I use a shortbow autoattack with my DD I don't oneshot mobs and ppl can hit the mob and get their contibution... wait for character slot sale and I'll get an eng too... but really everytime I decided to linger there more than an hour resulted in me not playing the game at all for the next 2 days.

>

> In response to someone else, I think this post is useful. Because Anet could think of a better quality farming content than those we have now.

Anet has a weird tendency to make interesting things completely unrewarding and making the most boring activities so rewarding it is hard to resist taking part in them over and over (and completely burning you out on the game). At some point, they go completely over the top with fixing and making those activities completely unappealing, eg by removing loot drops. Then people move on to the next thing. This happens over and over. Frankly, I don`t understand how after Orr years back they still start out with mad loot event scaling, then being surprised people take advantage of just that, only to completely destroy the activity after. Same with "multiloot".

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

>

> Anet has a weird tendency to make interesting things completely unrewarding and making the most boring activities so rewarding it is hard to resist taking part in them over and over (and completely burning you out on the game). At some point, they go completely over the top with fixing and making those activities completely unappealing, eg by removing loot drops. Then people move on to the next thing. This happens over and over. Frankly, I don`t understand how after Orr years back they still start out with mad loot event scaling, then being surprised people take advantage of just that, only to completely destroy the activity after. Same with "multiloot".

I don't know about the last things you mentioned, I haven't played vanilla GW2. I bought it, played a bit and then left it because I didn't understand the heart system and other issues of the time. I came back in late HOT, bought it for 10€ at Gamestop, because when it came out I was as shocked as anyone else at the time.

Really, my boyfriend and I have tried nearly everything with the exception of Raid and guild activities and everything seems a grind; at first it was hero points, masteries then the gear, get exotic gear grinding CoF... oh but then there are fractals... oh well, you need agony resistance and a place where to store it in your gear. So, start making ascended accessories, ascended weapons through spec achiev, store the agony. Oh you want more loot? More gold? Well, you need a higher agony resistance to get to t3-4 where the real loot is :p Sadly, upgrading agony doesn't come for free so you also need the money to convert them and maybe you need even more money for your ascended crafting.. and you start farming meta, Lake Doric etc.. then go back to fractals which are always the same, in a circle, over and over again. I keep telling myself that at one point it will be fun, it must be fun. But at the moment the only real fun I've had was with fashion and mounts.

Honestly, because people are sad and prefer to live in misery than actually have fun. Sorry I'm just realistic. They would sit there and pretty much do the equivalent of turning a light on and off for hours, and get paid in gold then force themselves to believe that they are having fun. This should be a new disorder someone should really research.

> @"Idril.8532" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> >

> > Anet has a weird tendency to make interesting things completely unrewarding and making the most boring activities so rewarding it is hard to resist taking part in them over and over (and completely burning you out on the game). At some point, they go completely over the top with fixing and making those activities completely unappealing, eg by removing loot drops. Then people move on to the next thing. This happens over and over. Frankly, I don`t understand how after Orr years back they still start out with mad loot event scaling, then being surprised people take advantage of just that, only to completely destroy the activity after. Same with "multiloot".

>

> I don't know about the last things you mentioned, I haven't played vanilla GW2. I bought it, played a bit and then left it because I didn't understand the heart system and other issues of the time. I came back in late HOT, bought it for 10€ at Gamestop, because when it came out I was as shocked as anyone else at the time.

> Really, my boyfriend and I have tried nearly everything with the exception of Raid and guild activities and everything seems a grind; at first it was hero points, masteries then the gear, get exotic gear grinding CoF... oh but then there are fractals... oh well, you need agony resistance and a place where to store it in your gear. So, start making ascended accessories, ascended weapons through spec achiev, store the agony. Oh you want more loot? More gold? Well, you need a higher agony resistance to get to t3-4 where the real loot is :p Sadly, upgrading agony doesn't come for free so you also need the money to convert them and maybe you need even more money for your ascended crafting.. and you start farming meta, Lake Doric etc.. then go back to fractals which are **always the same, in a circle, over and over again. I keep telling myself that at one point it will be fun, it must be fun.** But at the moment the only real fun I've had was with fashion and mounts.

I read this and it reminds me of the meme definition of insanity, doing something over and over again and expecting different results.

maaaaan, if you’re not having fun then you’re not playing a game. What are you trying to achieve with fractals if you’re doing them but not enjoying them or at least have some sort of goal? Go do something else. Play a different game. It sounds like you’re in a grind for gold with no endgame purchase or goal in sight.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> Honestly, because people are sad and prefer to live in misery than actually have fun. Sorry I'm just realistic. They would sit there and pretty much do the equivalent of turning a light on and off for hours, and get paid in gold then force themselves to believe that they are having fun. This should be a new disorder someone should really research.

Is this a 'My opinion is the right one, and everyone who disagrees is wrong' post? I can't tell.

Just because you don't find something to be fun, worthwhile, or engaging does not mean others can not.

> @"Idril.8532" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> >

> > Anet has a weird tendency to make interesting things completely unrewarding and making the most boring activities so rewarding it is hard to resist taking part in them over and over (and completely burning you out on the game). At some point, they go completely over the top with fixing and making those activities completely unappealing, eg by removing loot drops. Then people move on to the next thing. This happens over and over. Frankly, I don`t understand how after Orr years back they still start out with mad loot event scaling, then being surprised people take advantage of just that, only to completely destroy the activity after. Same with "multiloot".

>

> I don't know about the last things you mentioned, I haven't played vanilla GW2. I bought it, played a bit and then left it because I didn't understand the heart system and other issues of the time. I came back in late HOT, bought it for 10€ at Gamestop, because when it came out I was as shocked as anyone else at the time.

> Really, my boyfriend and I have tried nearly everything with the exception of Raid and guild activities and everything seems a grind; at first it was hero points, masteries then the gear, get exotic gear grinding CoF... oh but then there are fractals... oh well, you need agony resistance and a place where to store it in your gear. So, start making ascended accessories, ascended weapons through spec achiev, store the agony. Oh you want more loot? More gold? Well, you need a higher agony resistance to get to t3-4 where the real loot is :p Sadly, upgrading agony doesn't come for free so you also need the money to convert them and maybe you need even more money for your ascended crafting.. and you start farming meta, Lake Doric etc.. then go back to fractals which are always the same, in a circle, over and over again. I keep telling myself that at one point it will be fun, it must be fun. But at the moment the only real fun I've had was with fashion and mounts.

I think your "mistake" is wanting gold in the first place. The only essential thing you will have to pay for is ascended equipment and runes/sigils. Everything else is just fluff in this game - and you can "worry" about that way later. As for fractals, I wouldn`t rush to get into higher tiers, just play them continuously and you will get there eventually. It is not like t4s suddenly open up a whole new world of fun really.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> Honestly, because people are sad and prefer to live in misery than actually have fun. Sorry I'm just realistic. They would sit there and pretty much do the equivalent of turning a light on and off for hours, and get paid in gold then force themselves to believe that they are having fun. This should be a new disorder someone should really research.

that is pretty much the same thing your non-player friends think about you playing computer games. And here is the kicker: You and them are both right :)

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > Honestly, because people are sad and prefer to live in misery than actually have fun. Sorry I'm just realistic. They would sit there and pretty much do the equivalent of turning a light on and off for hours, and get paid in gold then force themselves to believe that they are having fun. This should be a new disorder someone should really research.

>

> that is pretty much the same thing your non-player friends think about you playing computer games. And here is the kicker: You and them are both right :)

No it's not the same. I actually have fun unlike farmers who don't.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jaunty.6018" said:

> > > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > > > @"Jaunty.6018" said:

> > > > > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > > > > The whole point of games is to waste time so it doesn't really matter how people chose to waste it.

> > > >

> > > > Why on Earth would you play a game just to waste time? Time is precious. I play games because I _enjoy_ them.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Games are something you do when you got nothing better to do. It's to waste time.

> > >

> >

> > That's sad.

>

> I don't get this thinking from you ... so what do you play games for? Unless you somehow benefit from playing for any reason but an entertainment level ... YOU are also someone that falls in this category of playing games to waste time.

Enjoying something does not equal wasting time. I think that's where we differ. I am passionate about games and I thoroughly enjoy them as an art form. If you're literally just playing to waste time, I do _indeed_ find that sad. I would argue your time should probably be better spent doing something you _actually_ find fun. But, you do you.

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > Honestly, because people are sad and prefer to live in misery than actually have fun. Sorry I'm just realistic. They would sit there and pretty much do the equivalent of turning a light on and off for hours, and get paid in gold then force themselves to believe that they are having fun. This should be a new disorder someone should really research.

>

> Is this a 'My opinion is the right one, and everyone who disagrees is wrong' post? I can't tell.

>

> Just because you don't find something to be fun, worthwhile, or engaging does not mean others can not.

Always resorting to the typical altruistic argument that SOMEBODY HAS TO ENJOY IT, denying facts and logic with hypothetical reasoning. I can tell you right now that farming the same content isn't fun nobody likes it and it's why people take a break from mmorpgs.

If everyone thought like you we'd live in a world where a large mass of people actually like the birdemic movie. It's such a bad movie that you don't even know about it but it did get published by a studio. We'd have people thinking the addam Sandler movie where it was clearly and full of commercials and pepto bismol was actually a good movie when it wasn't. Sure at first glance it may seem like an opinion, but when you have common sense you can see what's entertaining and what's boring, it doesn't take a genius to do so. Farmers always placate this mindset and it's why they will never grow out of it instead of choosing something worthwhile that's actually thrilling and not braindead. Try pvp, raiding, and WvW then you'll see what I mean.

I've tried the Istan farm a couple more times since I started this thread, to try to convince myself that it's enjoyable. It is not. In fact, most of the people doing it don't seem to be enjoying it either. A lot of them put in the bare minimum required and plenty just hang out at the "AFK rock". Commanders can barely get people to listen to instructions because they don't want to be there, they just want their reward. Why does this farm even exist? How does it benefit the game? Such a dull, mindless event that requires nothing special of the player, has little sophistication or sense of teamwork at all, and is just going to cause burnout in many players.

Anet should revamp it and make it much more engaging and challenging, where there is actually a risk of failure if everyone doesn't give it their 100%. Or at least add some variations to change things up. If it's going to be the best way to make gold in the game, make players work for it. It should feel like an accomplishment. Teq, SW, DS, AB, the Twisted Marionette: all of these are great examples.

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > > Honestly, because people are sad and prefer to live in misery than actually have fun. Sorry I'm just realistic. They would sit there and pretty much do the equivalent of turning a light on and off for hours, and get paid in gold then force themselves to believe that they are having fun. This should be a new disorder someone should really research.

> >

> > that is pretty much the same thing your non-player friends think about you playing computer games. And here is the kicker: You and them are both right :)

>

> No it's not the same. I actually have fun unlike farmers who don't.

How do you know what they enjoy?

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > Honestly, because people are sad and prefer to live in misery than actually have fun. Sorry I'm just realistic. They would sit there and pretty much do the equivalent of turning a light on and off for hours, and get paid in gold then force themselves to believe that they are having fun. This should be a new disorder someone should really research.

> >

> > that is pretty much the same thing your non-player friends think about you playing computer games. And here is the kicker: You and them are both right :)

>

> No it's not the same. I actually have fun unlike farmers who don't.

You’re assuming and you’re wrong. Some farmers might not enjoy it but others do. I farm every day that I play and enjoy it. If I didn’t enjoy it I’d buy gold.

Someone said: I didn't demand access to that content, from what I heard PoF is a massive waste of time.

Funny because people I've spoken to since release have said is WAS worth the time. The only issue they had was the size of maps compared to what to do in them.. but that's the only bad note they mentioned

I dont care what you say at the end all game play is a version of a farm.. WVW is farm for ranking, PVP same, raid farm for items, fractals farm for items/ gold... PVE farming achiements, farm for gear/ fashion wars.... Its all a dam farm when you think about it... as long as it keeps you playing does it matter?

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> >

> > Is this a 'My opinion is the right one, and everyone who disagrees is wrong' post? I can't tell.

> >

> > Just because you don't find something to be fun, worthwhile, or engaging does not mean others can not.

>

> Always resorting to the typical altruistic argument that SOMEBODY HAS TO ENJOY IT, denying facts and logic with hypothetical reasoning. I can tell you right now that farming the same content isn't fun nobody likes it and it's why people take a break from mmorpgs.

>

> If everyone thought like you we'd live in a world where a large mass of people actually like the birdemic movie. It's such a bad movie that you don't even know about it but it did get published by a studio. We'd have people thinking the addam Sandler movie where it was clearly and full of commercials and pepto bismol was actually a good movie when it wasn't. Sure at first glance it may seem like an opinion, but when you have common sense you can see what's entertaining and what's boring, it doesn't take a genius to do so. Farmers always placate this mindset and it's why they will never grow out of it instead of choosing something worthwhile that's actually thrilling and not braindead. Try pvp, raiding, and WvW then you'll see what I mean.

Hey! I was right! ... That almost never happens. Huh.

Sure, at first glance, it may seem like an opinion. That's because it is an opinion, just as it's my opinion that WvW is unengaging and not fun. Still, please, explain to us your logic using your facts; since, as you've said, it should be common sense and therefore irrefutable.