> > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > > >

> > > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> > >

> > > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> > >

> > > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

> >

> > Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

>

> Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

I did not mean buying mAT titles. People need money as price motivation to invest time and effort in creating a team, improve and succeed. No one wants to invest a lot of time to get a gizmo and some gold because everyone has gold already. Even the old go4 was decent motivation with 100 bucks each week for first and monthly on top. They even removed gem prices.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth would you bring back the one thing that corrupted results at high level pvp more than anything else. You literally had people with 80+% win rates because they could skew the matchmaking so bad by duo queing.

The NBA shows you the corruption caused to a game when a couple high level players intentionally team up. In this game, it's even worse because the players/owners don't even have to give up salary/luxury tax to play together. There is no downside to ultra elite players teaming up and corrupting the whole match in GW2.

The REAL SOLUTION was to bring back team que versus solo que. This makes it far more balanced and less miserable for those that can't team up with their friend when they want to play. For those arguing about que times....The fact that Anet can't make a game popular enough to support a team que and solo que speaks to a broader issue that should be addressed in PvP. It doesn't mean that the idea of separate team/solo ques is wrong. It's actually 100% logical and fair by ANY objective measure.

The recent decisions by Anet are puzzling and unfortunate. Not only did they bring to the game multiple stealth/cc/burst builds that turn this game into a FPS...they are now ignoring the logic that PROVED in the past a big problem with duo que...just because a handful of elite players wanting to win 80-90% of the time complained.

Sad!

> @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> Why on earth would you bring back the one thing that corrupted results at high level pvp more than anything else. You literally had people with 80+% win rates because they could skew the matchmaking so bad by duo queing.

>

> The NBA shows you the corruption caused to a game when a couple high level players intentionally team up. In this game, it's even worse because the players/owners don't even have to give up salary/luxury tax to play together. There is no downside to ultra elite players teaming up and corrupting the whole match in GW2.

>

> The REAL SOLUTION was to bring back team que versus solo que. This makes it far more balanced and less miserable for those that can't team up with their friend when they want to play. For those arguing about que times....The fact that Anet can't make a game popular enough to support a team que and solo que speaks to a broader issue that should be addressed in PvP. It doesn't mean that the idea of separate team/solo ques is wrong. It's actually 100% logical and fair by ANY objective measure.

>

> The recent decisions by Anet are puzzling and unfortunate. Not only did they bring to the game multiple stealth/cc/burst builds that turn this game into a FPS...they are now ignoring the logic that PROVED in the past a big problem with duo que...just because a handful of elite players wanting to win 80-90% of the time complained.

>

> Sad!

i def agree that team que needs to come back but i dont think duo coming back is a bad thing honestly leaderboards are a bit of a farce anyhow im glad people have something to thrive 2 and all but i find imo the game was far less toxic in the badge and team que system of seasons 1-4 if the balance wouldn't have been so crazy with bunker mes meta and such i think it easily the best seasons weve had as a community

> @"Nova.3817" said:

> i def agree that team que needs to come back but i dont think duo coming back is a bad thing honestly leaderboards are a bit of a farce anyhow im glad people have something to thrive 2 and all but i find imo the game was far less toxic in the badge and team que system of seasons 1-4 if the balance wouldn't have been so crazy with bunker mes meta and such i think it easily the best seasons weve had as a community

Just because the leaderboards are a farce doesn't make duo que logical. The leaderboards were an even BIGGER farce with two elite players constantly duo queing and finishing the season with 80-90% win rates. The matchmaking algorithm is totally insufficient to deal with this scenario because they also relax the algorithm after awhile because of the small player base. Thus, you had games that were decided with 80-90% certainty before they even started.

I agree that THEORETICALLY it would be nice for people to be able to play with their "friends", but this was NOT the primary motivation by those complaining. It was just their whiny spin. The REAL motivation is that high level people wanted the former rigged system they could use to steamroll people. Want proof? Watch in the this upcoming season and see if ANY high level player ques with "friends" IRL that AREN'T good at the game. They will ONLY duo que with other elite players to exploit the matchmaking algorithm just like they did before....GUARANTEED.

The current system allowed most players to play with legitimate friends for an entire season. Only a handful of people were impacted.

In fact, using the logic playing with legitimate friends only supports the argument I made for bringing back team que versus solo que. If the motivation is GENUINELY to play with your friends, why is ANET restricting it to just one friend??? If they are saying the logic for bringing back duo que is that "it's more fun to play with your friends", then they should allow full 5 man premades in ranked. Correct?

> @"Bugabuga.9721" said:

> Are there matchmaking changes to prevent highly organized duos from rofl-stomping random not-in-voicechat noobs?

> Or is that back en vogue this coming season?

If you're getting stomped by just a duo, you're just bad. Sorry, and, honestly, i've yet to seen any evidence corroborating the myth that teams always win in ranked vs random, because there's ALWAYS a penalty for playing in a team. (Or it used to be, idk what the pvp team are doing of late, and stopped caring when @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" flat out said that he doesn't' believe teams to be as competitive as solo/duo, which explains a lot of why sPvP went from a competitive mode, with a Pro league that was fun, and had a following, to the PvE rewards farm it is today).

> @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

>

>

> I agree that THEORETICALLY it would be nice for people to be able to play with their "friends", but this was NOT the primary motivation by those complaining. It was just their whiny spin. The REAL motivation is that high level people wanted the former rigged system they could use to steamroll people. Want proof? Watch in the this upcoming season and see if ANY high level player ques with "friends" IRL that AREN'T good at the game. They will ONLY duo que with other elite players to exploit the matchmaking algorithm just like they did before....GUARANTEED.

>

How is choosing to partner up with other good players to win more games in a ranked mode exploiting anything? You're basically calling common sense a crime.

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > @"milego.4830" said:

> > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > > > > Good no more titles ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?

> > > > > > > > Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.

> > > > > > > > No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.

> > > > > But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

> > > >

> > > > I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

> > >

> > > Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

> >

> > Tell me one player who bought mAT ”successfully” Not one managed to do it. So no. MAT is still the most prestigous title you can get so come with something better.

>

> I did not mean buying mAT titles. People need money as price motivation to invest time and effort in creating a team, improve and succeed. No one wants to invest a lot of time to get a gizmo and some gold because everyone has gold already. Even the old go4 was decent motivation with 100 bucks each week for first and monthly on top. They even removed gem prices.

I disagree with the cash point. Look at wow, ever since the get go people cared about getting gladiator/r1 for unique titles. How is gw2 different?

> @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

>

> > i def agree that team que needs to come back but i dont think duo coming back is a bad thing honestly leaderboards are a bit of a farce anyhow im glad people have something to thrive 2 and all but i find imo the game was far less toxic in the badge and team que system of seasons 1-4 if the balance wouldn't have been so crazy with bunker mes meta and such i think it easily the best seasons weve had as a community

>

> Just because the leaderboards are a farce doesn't make duo que logical. The leaderboards were an even BIGGER farce with two elite players constantly duo queing and finishing the season with 80-90% win rates. The matchmaking algorithm is totally insufficient to deal with this scenario because they also relax the algorithm after awhile because of the small player base. Thus, you had games that were decided with 80-90% certainty before they even started.

>

> I agree that THEORETICALLY it would be nice for people to be able to play with their "friends", but this was NOT the primary motivation by those complaining. It was just their whiny spin. The REAL motivation is that high level people wanted the former rigged system they could use to steamroll people. Want proof? Watch in the this upcoming season and see if ANY high level player ques with "friends" IRL that AREN'T good at the game. They will ONLY duo que with other elite players to exploit the matchmaking algorithm just like they did before....GUARANTEED.

>

> The current system allowed most players to play with legitimate friends for an entire season. Only a handful of people were impacted.

>

> In fact, using the logic playing with legitimate friends only supports the argument I made for bringing back team que versus solo que. If the motivation is GENUINELY to play with your friends, why is ANET restricting it to just one friend??? If they are saying the logic for bringing back duo que is that "it's more fun to play with your friends", then they should allow full 5 man premades in ranked. Correct?

its not logical from a competitive standpoint its logical for the health of the community as a whole more people care about playing with friends and enjoying the game for what it is instead of trying to make gw2 something it isn't... i agree people may have attempted to give them the biggest edge they can to get the very best win rate they could but playing your peers (if your peers are the best in the game) is no crime we could all do the same and if your not one of the best in the game to have those peers then you have something to work towards.... to me it seems your more worried about what the top players are doing then worrying about improving your own gameplay...

its not really theoretical ...... your assuming it isn't i assure you for me it is 100% add solid rewards and premade content and we will be happy hell add pips to unranked so that exp is rewarding and id be happy.... honestly a steamroll games get dull after the 2nd one honestly the best games are the close nail biters or comebacks anyone would agree with me.... i agree the population isnt good so matchmaking is gimped but going to the solo que led us here so im sorry..... again worried about what 20 players are doing rather then what your doing....

your third comment is saying basically that the community should suffer based on the actions on a handful (that only effects another handful) what a terrible policy haha

BC they want to be diplomatic obviously people want it solo some want it premade this is a happy medium.......your suggesting that players can not play in teams with their peers....so common sense is dumb.... players have a right to want to play with people who they deem equal skill this exists literally in any other part of the game as well... i dont see raid teams taking players who haven't grasped dodge rolling..... being elitist is apart of any aspect of a game.... and the goal should not be to prevent this from happening but rather making the path to joining that club easier currently...there is no path and btw what your referring to is still in the game check who wins 99% of ATS lol so your not displacing them only hurting those of us who you THINK have some alternative agenda...

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

The real problem here, though, (aside from wintrading) is the match quality, i.e. the unpredictability of the matchmaking. As you know, the MMR difference between the highest and lowest players in a match is too extreme for consistently balanced matches. Why _should_ a top-rated player queue when he/she knows that the outcome of the next match will very likely be less influenced by his/her efforts than by the failures of others? I really don't see removing titles solving this, but I guess we'll see.

As for the wintrading problem, can you please explain why Anet isn't permabanning known cheaters?

> @"Nova.3817" said:

>

> its not logical from a competitive standpoint its logical for the health of the community as a whole more people care about playing with friends and enjoying the game for what it is instead of trying to make gw2 something it isn't... i agree people may have attempted to give them the biggest edge they can to get the very best win rate they could but playing your peers (if your peers are the best in the game) is no crime we could all do the same and if your not one of the best in the game to have those peers then you have something to work towards.... to me it seems your more worried about what the top players are doing then worrying about improving your own gameplay...

>

> its not really theoretical ...... your assuming it isn't i assure you for me it is 100% add solid rewards and premade content and we will be happy hell add pips to unranked so that exp is rewarding and id be happy.... honestly a steamroll games get dull after the 2nd one honestly the best games are the close nail biters or comebacks anyone would agree with me.... i agree the population isnt good so matchmaking is kitten but going to the solo que led us here so im sorry..... again worried about what 20 players are doing rather then what your doing....

>

> your third comment is saying basically that the community should suffer based on the actions on a handful (that only effects another handful) what a terrible policy haha

>

> BC they want to be diplomatic obviously people want it solo some want it premade this is a happy medium.......your suggesting that players can not play in teams with their peers....so common sense is dumb.... players have a right to want to play with people who they deem equal skill this exists literally in any other part of the game as well... i dont see raid teams taking players who haven't grasped dodge rolling..... being elitist is apart of any aspect of a game.... and the goal should not be to prevent this from happening but rather making the path to joining that club easier currently...there is no path and btw what your referring to is still in the game check who wins 99% of ATS lol so your not displacing them only hurting those of us who you THINK have some alternative agenda...

>

>

You can write as much spin as you want, but the proof is in the pudding. It's sheer folly to use "health of the community" as an argument. The current system allowed 99% of all players to play with their TRUE friend as much as they wanted in ranked. It only excluded certain players from gaming the system and exploiting weaknesses in the algorithm/low player base once they achieved certain levels.

If you were GENUINELY interested in the "health of community" and cared so much about playing with your friends, then you should have been applauding my argument for allowing 5 man premades and separate ques for team/solo. This is how it was originally and is 100% logical. It's even consistent with all your spin. Thus, it's suspicious that you are trying so hard to justify otherwise.

Playing with your friends is important, but it doesn't trump fair games. One thing that guarantees people leaving a game is unfair/unbalanced competition. "Playing with your friends" is a meaningless argument if the games are corrupted from the start. Nobody is going to want to play - friends or no friends - if a handful are exploiting the system like it was PROVEN in the past.

There really is no need to argue. We saw PROOF of what happens in the past, and we will see it AGAIN GUARANTEED this season. Show me any top player teaming with a friend IRL who is a bad player. The "play with friends" argument is a just charade for exploitation by a few people. I'm surprised you didn't notice in the past and can't see what should be obvious now.

> @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> As for the wintrading problem, can you please explain why Anet isn't permabanning known cheaters?

It's the same ranked 5v5 PvP for 6 years (first 3 years teamwork, then 3 years of SoloQ). It's the same game mode conquest for 6 years. It's the same weak balance rotation for 6 years. It's the same complaining of community for 6 years. I already stopped asking such questions, or I would suffer a stroke from too much stress; asking such things now is very unhealthy.

What they should do instead of removing titles is: lower the amount of time you need to keep your rank and increase the bareminimum of games needed to play to also keep your rank. Something like you have to play 4 games in a 48 hour period and even if you do lose rank points because you didn't meet those requirments you don't get them back either. You want your title you better fight to keep it and not just laze about.

> @"LegendaVagyok.9132" said:

>

>

> > @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> > Want proof? Watch in the this upcoming season and see if ANY high level player ques with "friends" IRL that AREN'T good at the game. They will ONLY duo que with other elite players to exploit the matchmaking algorithm just like they did before....GUARANTEED.

>

> Exactly.

>

>

>

>

top players deserve to be at the top tiers regardless if they duo or not...

They are better on the field and they reap the rewards for being better off the field too via finding a duo they can work well with.

I feel like im the only one with this opinion though, that top players deserve to be at the top.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> top players deserve to be at the top tiers regardless if they duo or not...

>

> They are better on the field and they reap the rewards for being better off the field too via finding a duo they can work well with.

>

> I feel like im the only one with this opinion though, that top players deserve to be at the top.

Indeed, I do not share your opinion. I consider current top players are not elite at all. They learned to play alone, without communication and without team coordination in real time. This only makes them good for playing alone, in 1v1 or 1v2 situation, but they are not good for teamwork and map strategy. Most don't even have a microphone to communicate on voice chat "3 enemies incomming mid" or "2 people were killed and will respawn and come on far". They are Gods of PvP, alone in their own little world, because Anet trained them to play alone.

I would have gone the complete opposite, as soon as you achieve plat 1 you cannot duo q. I feel like this season coming up will be much like a few seasons ago, when we saw mass match manipulation with duo quers. I would love to be proved wrong. I doubt it though so expect match manipulation. I have long since given up on any hope of good PvP "seasons wise" ever since Grouch and John Corpening left Anet.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"LegendaVagyok.9132" said:

> >

> >

> > > @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> > > Want proof? Watch in the this upcoming season and see if ANY high level player ques with "friends" IRL that AREN'T good at the game. They will ONLY duo que with other elite players to exploit the matchmaking algorithm just like they did before....GUARANTEED.

> >

> > Exactly.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> top players deserve to be at the top tiers regardless if they duo or not...

>

> They are better on the field and they reap the rewards for being better off the field too via finding a duo they can work well with.

>

> I feel like im the only one with this opinion though, that top players deserve to be at the top.

I do not share the opinion neither. I won't deny the fact that these are good players for sure, but it's fairly easy to remain on the top with minimal requirements if you're placed at 1650. I've also seen many good players that were placed at 1350-1450 and taking a while to reach back plat 2+.

They deserve to be at top, but if they don't get the struggle of dealing with most solo queue issues happening in gold league, that' not a big achievement.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > top players deserve to be at the top tiers regardless if they duo or not...

> >

> > They are better on the field and they reap the rewards for being better off the field too via finding a duo they can work well with.

> >

> > I feel like im the only one with this opinion though, that top players deserve to be at the top.

>

> Indeed, I do not share your opinion. I consider current top players are not elite at all. They learned to play alone, without communication and without team coordination in real time. This only makes them good for playing alone, in 1v1 or 1v2 situation, but they are not good for teamwork and map strategy. Most don't even have a microphone to communicate on voice chat "3 enemies incomming mid" or "2 people were killed and will respawn and come on far". They are Gods of PvP, alone in their own little world, because Anet trained them to play alone.

A lot of the current top players on the leaderboard also compete and place highly in the monthlies.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is or what little stories you make up in your head. Top players are top players whether or not they play solo ranked or with a team.

> @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> can we just add pip rewards to unranked at this point? there's really no point to ranked and i just want to farm gold. i also get to play stronghold for something different and casual for a change.

Be nice if they did. Just not let you get pips for rank, which would make it the slowest possible way, but still an option.

They should do the same for EotM in WvW honestly. Make places for the casuals to go do their thing away from the more serious dedicated players.

> @"SPESHAL.9106" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

>

> >

> > its not logical from a competitive standpoint its logical for the health of the community as a whole more people care about playing with friends and enjoying the game for what it is instead of trying to make gw2 something it isn't... i agree people may have attempted to give them the biggest edge they can to get the very best win rate they could but playing your peers (if your peers are the best in the game) is no crime we could all do the same and if your not one of the best in the game to have those peers then you have something to work towards.... to me it seems your more worried about what the top players are doing then worrying about improving your own gameplay...

> >

> > its not really theoretical ...... your assuming it isn't i assure you for me it is 100% add solid rewards and premade content and we will be happy hell add pips to unranked so that exp is rewarding and id be happy.... honestly a steamroll games get dull after the 2nd one honestly the best games are the close nail biters or comebacks anyone would agree with me.... i agree the population isnt good so matchmaking is kitten but going to the solo que led us here so im sorry..... again worried about what 20 players are doing rather then what your doing....

> >

> > your third comment is saying basically that the community should suffer based on the actions on a handful (that only effects another handful) what a terrible policy haha

> >

> > BC they want to be diplomatic obviously people want it solo some want it premade this is a happy medium.......your suggesting that players can not play in teams with their peers....so common sense is dumb.... players have a right to want to play with people who they deem equal skill this exists literally in any other part of the game as well... i dont see raid teams taking players who haven't grasped dodge rolling..... being elitist is apart of any aspect of a game.... and the goal should not be to prevent this from happening but rather making the path to joining that club easier currently...there is no path and btw what your referring to is still in the game check who wins 99% of ATS lol so your not displacing them only hurting those of us who you THINK have some alternative agenda...

> >

> >

>

> You can write as much spin as you want, but the proof is in the pudding. It's sheer folly to use "health of the community" as an argument. The current system allowed 99% of all players to play with their TRUE friend as much as they wanted in ranked. It only excluded certain players from gaming the system and exploiting weaknesses in the algorithm/low player base once they achieved certain levels.

>

> If you were GENUINELY interested in the "health of community" and cared so much about playing with your friends, then you should have been applauding my argument for allowing 5 man premades and separate ques for team/solo. This is how it was originally and is 100% logical. It's even consistent with all your spin. Thus, it's suspicious that you are trying so hard to justify otherwise.

>

> Playing with your friends is important, but it doesn't trump fair games. One thing that guarantees people leaving a game is unfair/unbalanced competition. "Playing with your friends" is a meaningless argument if the games are corrupted from the start. Nobody is going to want to play - friends or no friends - if a handful are exploiting the system like it was PROVEN in the past.

>

> There really is no need to argue. We saw PROOF of what happens in the past, and we will see it AGAIN GUARANTEED this season. Show me any top player teaming with a friend IRL who is a bad player. The "play with friends" argument is a just charade for exploitation by a few people. I'm surprised you didn't notice in the past and can't see what should be obvious now.

im part of the 1% then lol... soo yeah...

i did applaud it i said that would be fine... im perfectly fine with any rewarding premade content if that comes in the form of on demand ATS, mixed que or seperate but equally rewarding ques i don't care.... and i've never stated otherwise... what i did say was that any comment towards any option other then mixes que is talked as if it is months off with no actual timeline which is why mixed que (something that only needed to be rolled back no new tech required) can be done and imo should be

thats your opinion mine is playing with friends is equally as important.... work on fair matches should not come at the expense of the other but i agree should be important... it wasnt obvious it was just the 1% being the 1% (better then the 99%)

NOTE - i dont consider myself apart of the top 1% i get bodied by the top players 2 but i do have a rating that prevents duo q so im just using his 99% argument which is just false...

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > @"Exalted Quality.8534" said:

> > > Why take something away before you have something to replace it with? @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> >

> > They lost titles but gained duo queue.

>

> Which increases the match manipulation :V

"Maybe you arent good enough to worry about it."

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > > @"Exalted Quality.8534" said:

> > > > Why take something away before you have something to replace it with? @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

> > >

> > > They lost titles but gained duo queue.

> >

> > Which increases the match manipulation :V

>

> "Maybe you arent good enough to worry about it."

Out of context.