Why can't we transmute the aqua breathers to look like regular headgear?

I must have missed the issue settled years ago, or just didn't pay attention.

I ask because I role play in the game and I take my immersion (semi-seriously)

I was able to "perfect" my character's look with the abbadon gem store mask skin. I don't like seeing my char's real face when I hop in the water.

I always keep my face covered like a super hero or vigilante......it's a secret.

Today I was skimming across the water on top so it wouldn't change set looks from diving, but my dogs decided to have battle for a few secs and I had to go afk for a few moments.

I came back to find my char being revived by a compassionate player, but WAAAAAAAH!, my face was revealed!

I felt like Batman, or Spiderman without their masks! Or even Clark Kent!....I was naked! AHHHHHH!

I still had to say thanks for the rez lmao.

Great, now there is some player out there who knows my secret...he knows my face...and he can find my weakness!

tl:dr

please consider allowing transmutation of aqua-masks into regular headgear...otherwise going into water ruins my "immersion"..get it? lol

> @"TheMightyNewb.6789" said:

> If you transmuted the aqua breather to a regular head piece then how would you breath underwater?????

you can live underwater without it

btw this isn't my main secret identity char, just a military jargon character NJP (non judicial punishment)

but as you can see i highlighted that i am not wearing aqua breather and im underwater

![](https://i.imgur.com/TX9UNi0.png "")

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I think it was a joke.

> Regardless, as shown above, you can transmute your underwater headgear (if Medium or Heavy) to a skin that looks like non-underwater headgear (mask/helmet).

>

> Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I think it was a joke.

> Regardless, as shown above, you can transmute your underwater headgear (if Medium or Heavy) to a skin that looks like non-underwater headgear (mask/helmet).

>

> Good luck.

Well that is just one helmet, and it doesnt hide my face. So...well thanks for the comment, hehe

Said before and will say again: ANet should just remove the aquabreather slot, and let us use the helm underwater. Alternatively enable a own "skin-over" to show the aquabreather over/instead of the helmet when going under water to help with the immersion.

It's kitten retarded to break your armor set stats/runes/build from going down into water.