GvGs?

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We have no current plans for a fully supported GvG system. (Queues, leaderboards, achievements, etc.) Future GvG support is likely to come in the form of things like the new Mists Arena or the upcoming custom arena map for larger groups.

better then nothing :) I have to still check out the new mist arena.

At least I can tell the obsidian sanctum isn't optimal due to trolls there. Had some small scale gvg there with permanent invisible thief's that just interrupt it permanently so we had to cancel that.

And what is the result of the guild hall arena evaluation to use wvw Balance?

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We have no current plans for a fully supported GvG system. (Queues, leaderboards, achievements, etc.) Future GvG support is likely to come in the form of things like the new Mists Arena or the upcoming custom arena map for larger groups.

What about deathmatch/2v2, is that getting fully supported with the introduction of swiss tourneys? Or is that going to be just random custom arena map?

> @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> The idea of 10vs10 Stronghold is very appealing for me as a potential GvsG. 10 people is a full squad, and I reckon it should be enough to scratch that sweet spot the community is craving.

We can't get 20 players that seriously want to play stronghold, yet somehow 10v10 stronghold as GvG is the solution?

:trollface:

"10 people is a full squad" ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > The idea of 10vs10 Stronghold is very appealing for me as a potential GvsG. 10 people is a full squad, and I reckon it should be enough to scratch that sweet spot the community is craving.

>

> We can't get 20 players that seriously want to play stronghold, yet somehow 10v10 stronghold as GvG is the solution?

> :trollface:

>

> "10 people is a full squad" ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

10 ppl is a full raid squad.

And if they would improve and rework stronghold in a way that would be beneficial for guilds it could work.

I would even market it as GvG stronghold instead of PvP.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > > The idea of 10vs10 Stronghold is very appealing for me as a potential GvsG. 10 people is a full squad, and I reckon it should be enough to scratch that sweet spot the community is craving.

> >

> > We can't get 20 players that seriously want to play stronghold, yet somehow 10v10 stronghold as GvG is the solution?

> > :trollface:

> >

> > "10 people is a full squad" ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

>

> 10 ppl is a full raid squad.

> And if they would improve and rework stronghold in a way that would be beneficial for guilds it could work.

> I would even market it as GvG stronghold instead of PvP.

Sorry but... the pvp / gvg players we have in the game have absolutely no interest in stronghold because it's another PvE infested "pvp" mode; and casual players aren't a healthy population for ANY strictly pvp based mode. The idea that you'd put a lot of effort into stronghold and market it as GvG tells me you have no idea what the gvg guilds we have (or should i say had) in this game want.

Instead you'd rather have your own style which you think will be great and I think will be dead on arrival. A lot of work for a concept which nobody asked for while we USED to have a fairly sizable community asking for very simple things to allow GvG which couldn't be delivered.

And 5 man is a full pvp squad where as most GvG guilds played with 15 or 20 in WvW. So 10 is an arbitrary number from raids which matters why? By all means 10 man pvp would be nice, but stronghold? Hahahahaha.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > > > The idea of 10vs10 Stronghold is very appealing for me as a potential GvsG. 10 people is a full squad, and I reckon it should be enough to scratch that sweet spot the community is craving.

> > >

> > > We can't get 20 players that seriously want to play stronghold, yet somehow 10v10 stronghold as GvG is the solution?

> > > :trollface:

> > >

> > > "10 people is a full squad" ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

> >

> > 10 ppl is a full raid squad.

> > And if they would improve and rework stronghold in a way that would be beneficial for guilds it could work.

> > I would even market it as GvG stronghold instead of PvP.

>

> Sorry but... the pvp / gvg players we have in the game have absolutely no interest in stronghold because it's another PvE infested "pvp" mode; and casual players aren't a healthy population for ANY strictly pvp based mode. The idea that you'd put a lot of effort into stronghold and market it as GvG tells me you have no idea what the gvg guilds we have (or should i say had) in this game want.

>

> Instead you'd rather have your own style which you think will be great and I think will be dead on arrival. A lot of work for a concept which nobody asked for while we USED to have a fairly sizable community asking for very simple things to allow GvG which couldn't be delivered.

>

> And 5 man is a full pvp squad where as most GvG guilds played with 15 or 20 in WvW. So 10 is an arbitrary number from raids which matters why? By all means 10 man pvp would be nice, but stronghold? Hahahahaha.

They could completely change stronghold in a way that it is more PvP oriented.

And they already have a 10 squad technology so it would fit it.

5 is not enough and 20 needs to be implemented.

My point is that they could rework stronghold and market it for GvG players.

GvG is most often a WvW thing so a PvE inspired SPvP mode isnt that far way of a rock throw.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > > > > The idea of 10vs10 Stronghold is very appealing for me as a potential GvsG. 10 people is a full squad, and I reckon it should be enough to scratch that sweet spot the community is craving.

> > > >

> > > > We can't get 20 players that seriously want to play stronghold, yet somehow 10v10 stronghold as GvG is the solution?

> > > > :trollface:

> > > >

> > > > "10 people is a full squad" ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

> > >

> > > 10 ppl is a full raid squad.

> > > And if they would improve and rework stronghold in a way that would be beneficial for guilds it could work.

> > > I would even market it as GvG stronghold instead of PvP.

> >

> > Sorry but... the pvp / gvg players we have in the game have absolutely no interest in stronghold because it's another PvE infested "pvp" mode; and casual players aren't a healthy population for ANY strictly pvp based mode. The idea that you'd put a lot of effort into stronghold and market it as GvG tells me you have no idea what the gvg guilds we have (or should i say had) in this game want.

> >

> > Instead you'd rather have your own style which you think will be great and I think will be dead on arrival. A lot of work for a concept which nobody asked for while we USED to have a fairly sizable community asking for very simple things to allow GvG which couldn't be delivered.

> >

> > And 5 man is a full pvp squad where as most GvG guilds played with 15 or 20 in WvW. So 10 is an arbitrary number from raids which matters why? By all means 10 man pvp would be nice, but stronghold? Hahahahaha.

>

> They could completely change stronghold in a way that it is more PvP oriented.

> And they already have a 10 squad technology so it would fit it.

> 5 is not enough and 20 needs to be implemented.

>

> My point is that they could rework stronghold and market it for GvG players.

> GvG is most often a WvW thing so a PvE inspired SPvP mode isnt that far way of a rock throw.

Which part of GvG makes you think they want PvE in there? The part where they've asked for a big enough flat arena allowing them to fight without random PvE bullshit, siege, tons of choke and troubling terrain for the last 6 years? Or the part where virtually no gvg guilds actually enjoy the PvE aspects? Or the part where stronghold and all other "lets put a lot of PvE into our PvP" type of playstyles failed miserably and GvG was always focussed on PvP?

You CANNOT create a competitive mode around casuals or PvE-style play. These players, by default, do not enjoy the PvP style competition and without the PvP style competition competitive modes do not do well. Ever. It instantly leads to tons of secondary objectives and infighting.

Reminds me of the guildhall arena. Tons of options to add "fun" things like knocking people off the edge, objectives, puzzles, bouncy stuff and other things you can place in the arena yet... All players asked for was something bigger where they couldn't be pushed down. Nobody duels in this casual friendly "fun" arena. Nobody uses this casual friendly fun arena. It's just dead because bad. Because there's no interest in playing it. And the things which people literally ask for, for which there was plenty of interest in playing? Right... not getting those.

Because everyone else has genius plans about what these players might like !!! Lets make 10 man stronghold and market it as GvG. Yeah goodluck with that buddy.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > > > > > @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > > > > > The idea of 10vs10 Stronghold is very appealing for me as a potential GvsG. 10 people is a full squad, and I reckon it should be enough to scratch that sweet spot the community is craving.

> > > > >

> > > > > We can't get 20 players that seriously want to play stronghold, yet somehow 10v10 stronghold as GvG is the solution?

> > > > > :trollface:

> > > > >

> > > > > "10 people is a full squad" ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

> > > >

> > > > 10 ppl is a full raid squad.

> > > > And if they would improve and rework stronghold in a way that would be beneficial for guilds it could work.

> > > > I would even market it as GvG stronghold instead of PvP.

> > >

> > > Sorry but... the pvp / gvg players we have in the game have absolutely no interest in stronghold because it's another PvE infested "pvp" mode; and casual players aren't a healthy population for ANY strictly pvp based mode. The idea that you'd put a lot of effort into stronghold and market it as GvG tells me you have no idea what the gvg guilds we have (or should i say had) in this game want.

> > >

> > > Instead you'd rather have your own style which you think will be great and I think will be dead on arrival. A lot of work for a concept which nobody asked for while we USED to have a fairly sizable community asking for very simple things to allow GvG which couldn't be delivered.

> > >

> > > And 5 man is a full pvp squad where as most GvG guilds played with 15 or 20 in WvW. So 10 is an arbitrary number from raids which matters why? By all means 10 man pvp would be nice, but stronghold? Hahahahaha.

> >

> > They could completely change stronghold in a way that it is more PvP oriented.

> > And they already have a 10 squad technology so it would fit it.

> > 5 is not enough and 20 needs to be implemented.

> >

> > My point is that they could rework stronghold and market it for GvG players.

> > GvG is most often a WvW thing so a PvE inspired SPvP mode isnt that far way of a rock throw.

>

> Which part of GvG makes you think they want PvE in there? The part where they've asked for a big enough flat arena allowing them to fight without random PvE kitten, siege, tons of choke and troubling terrain for the last 6 years? Or the part where virtually no gvg guilds actually enjoy the PvE aspects? Or the part where stronghold and all other "lets put a lot of PvE into our PvP" type of playstyles failed miserably and GvG was always focussed on PvP?

>

> You CANNOT create a competitive mode around casuals or PvE-style play. These players, by default, do not enjoy the PvP style competition and without the PvP style competition competitive modes do not do well. Ever. It instantly leads to tons of secondary objectives and infighting.

>

> Reminds me of the guildhall arena. Tons of options to add "fun" things like knocking people off the edge, objectives, puzzles, bouncy stuff and other things you can place in the arena yet... All players asked for was something bigger where they couldn't be pushed down. Nobody duels in this casual friendly "fun" arena. Nobody uses this casual friendly fun arena. It's just dead because bad. Because there's no interest in playing it. And the things which people literally ask for, for which there was plenty of interest in playing? Right... not getting those.

>

> Because everyone else has genius plans about what these players might like !!! Lets make 10 man stronghold and market it as GvG. Yeah goodluck with that buddy.

Yeah a bigger arena in a guildhall could do the trick too or making real custom arenas that can be designed like guild arenas and other guild could be invite others.

Ofc i understand your point of too much PvE in GvGs so they could make it tunable too. Similar to traps or other things that could be tunable.

With all due> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> And 5 man is a full pvp squad where as most GvG guilds played with 15 or 20 in WvW. So 10 is an arbitrary number from raids which matters why? By all means 10 man pvp would be nice, but stronghold? Hahahahaha.

With all due respect, I (and many other people dare I say) think a few changes could make Stronghold an interesting mode even for GvsG. Of course, nothing would be better than a simple landscape with no PvE as you mention, but an structured mode would be cool as well. As per the other things you say, you sound rather salty mate.

> @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> With all due> @"Etheri.5406" said:

>

> > And 5 man is a full pvp squad where as most GvG guilds played with 15 or 20 in WvW. So 10 is an arbitrary number from raids which matters why? By all means 10 man pvp would be nice, but stronghold? Hahahahaha.

>

> With all due respect, I (and many other people dare I say) think a few changes could make Stronghold an interesting mode even for GvsG. Of course, nothing would be better than a simple landscape with no PvE as you mention, but an structured mode would be cool as well. As per the other things you say, you sound rather salty mate.

>

Yeah I think you're pushing stronghold under the guise of "GvG" which frankly tells me... Have you ever done competitive gvg in GW2? Like really... I genuinely don't understand your line of thinking. Please explain to me why on earth GvG players would enjoy 10v10 gvg style stronghold. It's completely different from what they actually want; AND it's more effort to create. Because obviously balancing 10v10 stronghold is more difficult than balancing ... a flat 15 man map style deathmatch.

Wait I'm no expert. Let me page in some players that might wanna GvG.

@"SloRules.3560" Yo. Do you think vI wants to become the first stronghold GVG guild?

@"steki.1478" How would you like GvG'ing on stronghold? :trollface:

Maybe it's an NA thing.

@"Arlette.9684" Do you still do NA gvg? :astonished:

As far as I know, nobody ever played stronghold competitively in GW2. There was no competitive base for it, and it was dead on arrival. Yet somehow you think it's the answer based on... GvG is WvW, and WvW is Pve+PvP, just like stronghold, so GvGers will like it. Sound logic. Explain your reasoning. Explain why you think it'd be competitive and good enough for players to want to play it. Cause without players, it's dead.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > The only GvG I do these days is 1vG :lol:

>

> But you'd totally go for 10v10 Stronghold GvG right?

In the current state of the game, finding 10 people of similar skill and mindset (belonging to the same guild on top of it all), that can learn to play as a team is... well unlikely at best. I’d say resources can be spent better elsewhere. A mode like that won’t live past the initial hype and is just going to turn into the next EotM.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > With all due> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> >

> > > And 5 man is a full pvp squad where as most GvG guilds played with 15 or 20 in WvW. So 10 is an arbitrary number from raids which matters why? By all means 10 man pvp would be nice, but stronghold? Hahahahaha.

> >

> > With all due respect, I (and many other people dare I say) think a few changes could make Stronghold an interesting mode even for GvsG. Of course, nothing would be better than a simple landscape with no PvE as you mention, but an structured mode would be cool as well. As per the other things you say, you sound rather salty mate.

> >

>

> Yeah I think you're pushing stronghold under the guise of "GvG" which frankly tells me... Have you ever done competitive gvg in GW2? Like really... I genuinely don't understand your line of thinking. Please explain to me why on earth GvG players would enjoy 10v10 gvg style stronghold. It's completely different from what they actually want; AND it's more effort to create. Because obviously balancing 10v10 stronghold is more difficult than balancing ... a flat 15 man map style deathmatch.

>

> Wait I'm no expert. Let me page in some players that might wanna GvG.

>

> @"SloRules.3560" Yo. Do you think vI wants to become the first stronghold GVG guild?

> @"steki.1478" How would you like GvG'ing on stronghold? :trollface:

>

> Maybe it's an NA thing.

> @"Arlette.9684" Do you still do NA gvg? :astonished:

>

> As far as I know, nobody ever played stronghold competitively in GW2. There was no competitive base for it, and it was dead on arrival. Yet somehow you think it's the answer based on... GvG is WvW, and WvW is Pve+PvP, just like stronghold, so GvGers will like it. Sound logic. Explain your reasoning. Explain why you think it'd be competitive and good enough for players to want to play it. Cause without players, it's dead.

Well.... Stronghold no, unless, no actually no, there is nothing that would make us go for stronghold. Even if they rework it heavily, what is there for us??? Nothing really, we are 20 in guild. We mostly do 15v15. What would 10v10 be good for than? Sitting 10 people out when all show up? Hell no.

If they actually worked with us and created a GvG even without it being an arena deathmatch (which aparently they don't like) before HoT/Stronghold came out, yeah, i think that would have worked (WvW people were listening at that point and were waiting for a revival of their mode, so something alternative might have worked also), but they DIDN'T. There is nothing at this point that they can do to appeal to us, like come on, EotM arena is still bad, it's smaller than OS and not flat at all. Old EotM spot is still better.

Personally i would welcome GW3, because that would be a big enough shake-up that would attract people back and they would get another chance to correct PvP mistakes and create easier process to change well anything about the game. It seems like there is sooooo much spagheti code that they can't change anything without a full blown project. Like i read somewhere that changing UI (the skill slots and such) is such a task that they have to involve like 5 different departments. Even the fact that we only get 1 elite spec per class per expansion is a complete joke. Like come on 15 skills per class per 2 years is a freaking joke and a single traitline......

I've also been waiting for an MMO that would have combat system as good as GW2, but it's still not here, even after 6 years. The moment there is a game with such combat system i'm out and i would've been sooner if not for having fun ocationally(some nights are complete disaster, noone to fights,..) LIKE HOW CAN THEY NOT CAPITALIZE ON BEST COMBAT SYSTEM OUT OF ANY MMO!!! AND THEY GO AND DEVELOP CASUAL PVE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMMOROW. Didn't anyone tell them that pvp requires less maintaince, but well, even it requires some, but even here they ignored us and tbh still ignore us. What content are we getting? Turnaments/leaderboards that are exploited in spvp, pointless rewards that seem to attract even more of casuals to our gamemodes, but nothing that would retain the hardcore croud.

Hell i would go on and on about frustrations, but hey i know they won't do anytihng drastic for us. Alliances???? Yeah, it's going to raise WvW a bit, but it's nothing that current veterans actually care about, because why would we??? We stopped ppting years ago, are fights going to be better because of it? No, why would they, meta is gona stay the same, noone is going to care about winning the matchup, noone that matters for my fun. I'm still going to seek guilds that would fight us(because when you are good there are like only 4 guilds in whole of EU that you can fight on marginaly equal footing). So tell me, why would i care about that. There is pretty much nothing that changed WvW gameplay for the better that ANet has done since release. Every change bloated skills, made powercreep,...

At this poitn idk what kind of announcement from ANet i would actually care about(apart from GW3). They aren't capable of working on top of GW2 anymore. Maybe a 10 EUR expansion with 3 elite specs per class? Maybe? and a great balance review of every single trait/skill and combo fields and upgrade the whole system.

I could go on and on about how incapable ANet is to manage PvP crowd and they know it(at least i hope they do).

One word as to why you won't get what you desire so much:

**Inclusiveness:** meaning: the quality of including many different types of people and treating them all fairly and equally.

The same reason you will never see a ghost guild pin or the ability to hide the current ones except for the known work around.