personal Guild bank vault V more character slots

Ive tried to read up on Guilds as I have a grandfathered personal Guild from before HoT - I would like to get the final 100 'deep cave' vault extension but from my brief read around it seems to be much more expensive than getting another character slot with 20 slot bags?

If someone could break it down I would appreciate but if I have it right, I would need to get:

1. a Guild Hall ( 100g plus abit more for anyone helping)

2. spend 2000 favor and 3000 aetherium and 100 gold to buy the deep cave upgrade

3. Tavern/mine/capacity/market upgrades ( possibly others?) before hand - unsure what level I need to get to for each type but this looks like at least 500 gold?

If its around 30 gold for 100 gems, its around 300 gold for a new character slot which gives 100 slots as opposed to at least 700 gold for said same 100 slots? plus all the guild missions and upgrades I would need to do - don't get me wrong - it would be nice to have a guild hall, ive got loads of decorations taking up space in my bank, but there really is no point in extending my Guild vault is there?

I have two but I got them finished before HoT changes so I can’t speak on that current costs. However personal use guild vaults are only really useful if you have non account bound items you want to store, essentially mats and event items such as fireworks or food/nourishments. If you have large numbers of non account bound things you want to store then it’s probably useful. Otherwise it’s more a completionist thing. They do have the advantage of items being accessible to all chars rather than switching between a mule and a main, but a mule can have a large number of inventory slots and can hold account bound items as well.

Correct. There is no circumstance in which it's cheaper to upgrade a guild hall for increasing storage. Assuming retail prices (rather than the discounts we are about to see) & 110g for 400 gems:

* New character slot costs 250g for 100 slots, somewhat less for 92 slots, i.e. 2.5g per slot.

* A new bank tab is 165g for 30 slots, i.e. ~5g/slot.

* Each new bag slot costs ~120g for 20 slots, i.e. ~6g/slot.

* Upgrading from 20slot bag to 24,- 28-, or 32-slot bags costs roughly 30, 72, or 175g, i.e. 7.5g, 9g, or 14-15g per slot

To make your guild hall upgrade plans competitive, you need to spend no more than 10g/slot, which means 1000g max. There are a variety of tools you can use to estimate, including GW2 Efficiency and [GW2 GH Calculator](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lTVOnyQ3GgNRM6YCTP0sA1Vi1EeE8oJj4gt2Uoornfo/edit?usp=sharing), but you don't need them: at a minimum, to add the Deep Cave, the hall needs to be level 32 (plus a number of of [specific upgrades in the tech tree](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_upgrade) to enable it to be unlocked). It's going to take you so much time & effort that even if the costs were low, it probably wouldn't be worth it. But the costs aren't low, it's going to cost thousands of gold to reach L32. The nominal cost of the Cave is a tiny fraction of the total cost required.

Thanks everyone, as im unfamiliar with Guild levels, I of course didn't even factor that in - I was just thinking about the upgrades.

Truly prohibitive then, kitten shame, makes my eye twitch that its not the full 3 tabs and I did in fact try and upgrade when I saw there was a deadline back in the day but I would have been 1 day short of starting the deep cave upgrade as the architecture one took a week - bad timing!

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> I would suggest you keep an eye out for someone selling their old guild bank. I have seen several people ask 500g for a 250 slot guild bank. That is a steal when you break down g/slot, and also much more convenient than a mule chatacter.

Yeah good idea.

Let me know via PM (here or in game) if you need help tracking down offers and trusted middleman to handle the escrow. ANet won't support you if you get scammed by such a transaction, but it's not against the rules.

You can sell your 150-slot bank for probably 150-200g and offers for 250-slot bank guilds (without the rest of the improvements) are running 500-750 gold (e.g. sellers asking 500+200 mystic coins etc).

> Ironically, someone in chat kept saying it was too expensive. They had no idea...

Well, there are probably tens of thousands of 250-slot guilds out there and they get transferred quite a lot. The market never cares about how much things cost, only how much the alternatives cost. The competition is new characters supplied with 20-slot bags, which are available to most of us at 2.5g/slot, which is 625g for 250 slots.

For me, there's a certain convenience to using a g-bank instead of mules, but not one which is worth paying a premium.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> Let me know via PM (here or in game) if you need help tracking down offers and trusted middleman to handle the escrow. ANet won't support you if you get scammed by such a transaction, but it's not against the rules.

>

> You can sell your 150-slot bank for probably 150-200g and offers for 250-slot bank guilds (without the rest of the improvements) are running 500-750 gold (e.g. sellers asking 500+200 mystic coins etc).

>

> For me, there's a certain convenience to using a g-bank instead of mules, but not one which is worth paying a premium.

Yes I find Guild banks useful too and thanks for the offer - im going to have a think, because ive just found out character slots are going on sale this week for 520 gems each! Gems seem to be going for close to 130 gold for 400 with the sales bumping them up, so if ive got my maths right that's around 400 gold for 250 slots? - obviously I cant get 2.5 characters so ide be getting 200 slots for 320 gold plus 8 bags? ( and I already have 4 in storage)

I am not known for my maths skills but that's a good deal right?! =)