This Great Community

Before I got to bed I just wanted to type this out to explain how great this community is.

I am currently a senior in High School that has HORRIBLE issues with math. I never payed attention in class in my other years of high school and it is now starting to bite me in the ass because I cannot really grasp the concepts of it as easily as my peers. I'm not asking for pity, this is my fault, just a little back story to explain on why what happened tonight meant so much too me. None of my friends I had cared about grades, homework, schoolwork, or anything work related. Anytime I would ask for help from anyone I would be called lame and nerd, etc etc. This caused me to not ask help from ANYONE. Parents and teachers included. This was also part of my anxiety with can get very bad in situations like that. So I never ask for help and try to solve problems on my own, my own way, rather than the right way. Which usually got me getting the whole assignment wrong, and failing the test. I had been barely passing math with a D, and all my other classes with B's. This year I made it a goal for myself to understand Math, ask questions, turn all my stuff in, and keep my planner updated with homework, tests, etc. Tonight I accomplished one of those goals. I hope that what I am about to write brings warmth into the community of Guild Wars 2, and if this gets shared and passed around enough, teaches other MMO's about how much a communities toxicity can truly mean to the game.

I was stuck on a problem and had no clue how to do it. I was going to honestly go to be and not do it but I made a goal and I didn't want to mess that up. So I went on Guild Wars to play a bit and ease my mind. I was getting stressed over an easy questions that had to do with saving money, and investing it. Easy. But I was stuck. After about 10 minutes of leveling my Engineer I went into the Map chat I was in, I saw people talking about events and stuff. I tried to do my math again but I couldn't get it. So I built up my courage and asked the Map Chat for help. I instantly got a whisper and started getting help on the problem I needed help on solving. The helper was patient with me, no matter how long I took to answer or how wrong one of my answers were, they always walked me through what I had done wrong and what I had done right. Always enthused to see me actually work towards getting the correct answer, and I had only known this person for 10 minutes. Eventually I got the answer and they even went back through with me to help me check my answer. On top of that, sent me a Mail with the same question but different numbers so I can practice. This community is so great. I didn't expect to get as much help on the homework as I actually did and all I can say is thank you. I cannot explain how much it means and helps me to realize that even someone I barely know will help me if I just ask them for it. Thank you Guild Wars 2 for taking me out of my comfort zone and asking total strangers for help on my math homework!

years ago i was approved in "public competitions"(_I do not know the name of this in English, they are tests that are done, to be employed in the government_), studying at home, yes basically that's it, math you improve with practice, I studied at home taking exercises and trying to solve, and 1 month I got good placement in the tests.