"I did really well in Season 13, I got top 10 but I can't show anyone my milestone?" o_O

Chilli.2976

I'd like to see them tackle the issue at it's core (wintrading mostly), rather than punish the legit players.

That said, I don't really care much for rewards in sPvP. I play it for the challenge it poses and I actually find fun and excitement in just pushing myself to be better... Mental reward instead of physical, I suppose you could say.

So yeah, would be nice to see a better alternative for it, but these changes won't stop me from trying to push for higher ranks and rating.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> Dude they wont take away the titles people own already they just remove them as future rewards calm down

Missed the point. Season 13 is next season....

also personally as a player who has been slowly moving up every season its a brutal nut tap that we cant be rewarded for getting better anymore but those who decided to cheat can still show off false accomplishments.

> @"Chilli.2976" said:

> > @"Zietlogik.6208" said:

> > screenshot your leaderboard at the end of the season and move on

>

> Why would I want to store this on my PC. I want something for in game not something to share via a picture that can be easily manipulated.

A personal accomplishment isn’t enough for yourself? Will it really make you feel better letting know complete randos on the internet that you placed 250 in a video game mode that has a fairly low population?

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Chilli.2976" said:

> > > @"Zietlogik.6208" said:

> > > screenshot your leaderboard at the end of the season and move on

> >

> > Why would I want to store this on my PC. I want something for in game not something to share via a picture that can be easily manipulated.

>

> A personal accomplishment isn’t enough for yourself? Will it really make you feel better letting know complete randos on the internet that you placed 250 in a video game mode that has a fairly low population?

Not in this game no. I've got plenty of personal accomplishments IRL though.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Chilli.2976" said:

> > > @"Zietlogik.6208" said:

> > > screenshot your leaderboard at the end of the season and move on

> >

> > Why would I want to store this on my PC. I want something for in game not something to share via a picture that can be easily manipulated.

>

> A personal accomplishment isn’t enough for yourself? Will it really make you feel better letting know complete randos on the internet that you placed 250 in a video game mode that has a fairly low population?

Some people need as much “validation” no matter how imaginary it is in a virtual environment....

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> Even if there was a statue of you saying you got top10 nobody would give a kitten.

It's true, I clicked on those statues once, to see why they were clickable, I think I forgot the names of the people they were commending within ...8 seconds?

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > Even if there was a statue of you saying you got top10 nobody would give a kitten.

>

> It's true, I clicked on those statues once, to see why they were clickable, I think I forgot the names of the people they were commending within ...8 seconds?

True enough. If one had been named Frequency Actuated Rectal Tremor, I might have remembered

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > Even if there was a statue of you saying you got top10 nobody would give a kitten.

>

> It's true, I clicked on those statues once, to see why they were clickable, I think I forgot the names of the people they were commending within ...8 seconds?

We have statues?

All of my 31 characters are parked in the arena, had no idea we had statues though...

Well the devs decided that doing actual punishments against the win trader basement kids that have ruined PvP for 7 seasons is just too hard.

So instead of fixing the issue and banning the basement kids permanently (not a wrist slap). They will just make it to where no one gets a nice reward and the basement kids can still wintrade.

All is now perfect in PvP (in their minds)

I think this is just the right choice for Arena Net.

And i mean it, for Arena Net. Any other competitive game would do it differently, and remove the farmable rewards instead of the milestone ones. But this is Arena Net and GW2, competitiveness is not going to happen. Not when the lead dev in charge of PvP, thinks solo is more competitive in the 5v5 format than teams.

Sure, i mean we have to compete in several games at once, the pvp match, the RNG gamble (trying to not get matched with real Bronze players, and hope those go to the other team, praying to our Lord RNGesus that the win-traders, afkers and other toxic crap don't land on this match, and the timing game, trying to find the perfect time of day to play so that match maker doesn't have to place you in teams consisting of you and 4 guys that think capture points are ticking dots or some such, or that enemy scourge shades are boons.

> @"Chilli.2976" said:

> > @"Zietlogik.6208" said:

> > screenshot your leaderboard at the end of the season and move on

>

> Why would I want to store this on my PC. I want something for in game not something to share via a picture that *can be easily manipulated*.

You mean like being on the leaderboard? It can be manipulated as well (like win trading). Not saying you did this, however I can guarantee that a good portion of people did, thus making being on the leaderboard less of an accomplishment imo thanks to them.

So many projections in this thread, i hope you guys find the help you need. :anguished:

About the tittle thing: I think the "top X" tittles should be given to the current (or maybe from the "previous season") top players, then change every season, so people would have to keep playing to have them and also reward the top 250 players with something else. How do you guys feel about that?

Showing other people your title starts from the assumption that everybody is interested in your title. I am not interested in anyone's title. I am not interested in your achievements or how your spend your free time to entertain yourself alone in this game. I do not care how much farming you do either. I personally play PvP for fun only, and as long as we do not play together in a premade team with voice chat, I do not care even who you are either (if you are).

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> Showing other people your title starts from the assumption that everybody is interested in your title. I am not interested in anyone's title. I am not interested in your achievements or how your spend your free time to entertain yourself alone in this game. I do not care how much farming you do either. I personally play PvP for fun only, and as long as we do not play together in a premade team with voice chat, I do not care even who you are either (if you are).

Bleh :angry:

Casuals shouldnt be allowed on this thread. Kitten cancer.

Maybe you arent good enough to worry about it.