Free account?

I havent played this for a VERY long time, i bought the original GW 2 around the first year it came out, but i noticed by now that original GW 2 has gone free. I read somewhere that the free accounts have limitations like they cant whisper to people that are not on their friend list and other world chats restricted. Does that mean because i only bought the original which is the same as the free version now, that i suddenly will have chat restrictions?

Nope, your only restriction is that you can't play the expansions (and use expansion content like Tyria masteries or guild enhancements for example) as long as you don't buy them. Nothing else.. You can use the tp, all chats you get the daily rewards etc.

The original is not the same as the free. You can’t even post on the forum if you’re a free account.

Here’s a list of the account types and what they can do: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

Free accounts have only 2 char slots, restrictions on chat/whisper/mail, can’t access guild banks, and have trading post restrictions, as well as other things. They’re essentially an extended trial account.