Extra Gathering Strike vs Winterberries & Orrian Pearls

Hi there!

Just something strange I noticed with how the extra gathering strike intracts with certain nodes when using the Booster which gives you a 33% chance at an extra gathering strike and the Glyph which does the same

With the Booster you get what you expect on normal nodes like linseeds, a pretty decent return on your gathering strikes with a rare chance at a third strike

I actually thought that the Booster did not effect the Winterberries because even though I did a full run and did not get an extra strike, but then I did get an occassional extra strike, but it was much more rare than with linseeds.

I got the Glyph which gives a chance at an extra gathering strike quite recently and I combined it with the Booster and the result are interesting

With linseeds I now often get a third extra strike, and with Winterberries I usually get a second strike now which is quite nice.

However I went over to Siren's Landing and I gathered all the Orrian Pearls on the map, and only on my second run did I get a single extra strike.

I wonder why the Orrian pearls are not as affected by the boosts?

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> The glyph of bounty (33% strike) does not work on the pearls. I assume this is because you are guaranteed to get one pearl per node unlike bloodstone, petrified wood and Jade. It does seem to work on the winterberry nodes.

That sounds more like a bug. Every type of node has some sort of guaranteed item.

> @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> With the 2nd strike you get an oyster, not a pearl, as far as i remember.

Can confirm now that you do get a pearl on your extra strike.

Today was quite a good day, my 4th full run of clearing the map

1st run: 0 extra strikes

2nd run: 1 extra strike

3rd run: 0 extra strikes

4th run: 5 extra strikes (three nodes, one double and two triple stikes)

very strange pattern, considering I always get a double strike from winterberries (hence three stikes from the node since the second bush always gives one), and today I got 5 strikes from two nodeson winterberries :O