Dune Cloak or Infinite Horizon for condi build?

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Dune Cloak, in general, is better. In longer fights, such as against Elites or higher-tier enemies, you'll be wanting to maintain three Phantasmal Duelists at all times, which means you won't get the benefit from Infinite Horizon. IH is good for shorter, open-world fights where you can quickly summon three clones with Lingering Thoughts and Deceptive Evasion, and drop a burst of condition damage with 4x Ambush and Shatter.

> @Carighan.6758 said:

> > @SharkBall.5829 said:

> > And you can even get your clones to use ambush without infinite horizons: use Illusionary Ambush. Fun with scepter clones (you get alot of condis stacked this way).

>

> Ofc, most the time you end up looking the wrong way yourself when you use that skill -.-

Yeah... other than facing the wrong way bug I do love that skill, it's very fun, and a short CD defensive and offensive CD.

Dune Cloak may have better numbers but it's such a boring flavourless trait that I personally don't ever intend on using it.

IH in comparison provides unique playstyle opportunities with Staff, Axe and even Scepter clones (though personally I don't really like or use Scepter anymore now that we have Axe).

Staff clones can unload pretty significant amounts of cleaving condi balls (spherical objects... stupid word filter) and you can have 3 up pretty much all the time and proc ambush every few seconds by taking all deception skills with mirrors/popping mirage cloak (FO, StG, IA, Crystal Sands), endurance regen food, perma vigour and traited Self Deception plus Deceptive Evasion which kittens out clones left right and centre using Jaunt and all deceptions with dodge. I love it. :)