[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

Make the basic bags (colored leather; 5 slot) something that can be upgraded through either the mystic forge or leatherworker craft. These are not useful as is for a lot of players as they do not add enough slots to warrant keeping and the sell price is so low.

You can even make this like a bag version of the multi-colored mini pets so it gives users something to work towards.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why even bother recommending things when it'll never happen..

This post is just to give us some false hope, because we've been asking for a Build template/profile system since the release of the game and we are still waiting.

That is probably the most important thing you can do to give us the improved "quality of life".

And even if that happens, you'll make it behind a gem store wall, for example you get 2 build profiles for free per character and if you want more, you will need to buy them

via gem store like you buy character inventory slot expansion. (per character)-but i don't care, at least do that.

Build profile system should be on top of "to-do" list,and after that almost every class should get a full rework, there are just too many useless classes and what made it even worse are the players that are extremely toxic when you're not playing a "meta" class, in wvw for example (but that is not the players fault, its your fault ArenaNet).

The biggest mistake you've done are the new " elite specs" system that just made the game 100x times more complicated to balance, and because of that there are certain classes that are unusable for PvE content, some for PvP content, and some for WvW content, which just shouldn't happen.

And its a huge design flaw when a ranged class is only viable when using melee weapons.

It's been hard going in-game lately when you have all 9 classes on your account and you just can't seem to find a single class you like :/ (i played many MMORPG's and this only happened in Guild wars 2.)

Hearts needs to be party-friendly. It is the only feature/content that makes me not want to play with other people. When I finish my heart, I have to wait for the other player to finish before we can move on. Ultimately it makes me want to leave them completely. I feel this is a very important QoL feature that needs to be prioritize because every single 80 map from Ember bay has been heart maps. It will also help leveling core players also.

How to fix:

* If you are in a party and you are in the same zone with the same Heart, you share heart progress.

* Other players take less progress from you. Meaning if you kill a mob, you get 100% heart progress and the other player gets 50% heart progress, the third player gets 25% heart progress and the final player gets 12.5% heart progress. Each progress is randomized. This is so that players don't finish hearts too quickly.

* Players can still share progress in a squad, but only 4 players receives a shared heart progress every time.

* Heart progress prioritize players that hasn't finished the same heart and the player in the same heart area.

It will improve socialization aspect because players will party up to finish content faster.

An option to be able to send 1 ascended armor or weapon box to a friend (limit: 1 time per 2 months; u can reset the timer paying 300 gems; lore: "Sometimes we have to do tremendous efforts to help our beloved ones"; now you can deposit an ascended weapon or armor into a box to send it to a friend paying 20g, X NPC is located at X or via a new option in the top left corner of the screen. Only base game stats, so Friends still have to go to the world together and do the things to switch to the new stats.

> @"Reilath.8064" said:

> Why even bother recommending things when it'll never happen..

> This post is just to give us some false hope, because we've been asking for a Build template/profile system since the release of the game and we are still waiting.

> That is probably the most important thing you can do to give us the improved "quality of life".

> And even if that happens, you'll make it behind a gem store wall, for example you get 2 build profiles for free per character and if you want more, you will need to buy them

> via gem store like you buy character inventory slot expansion. (per character)-but i don't care, at least do that.

> Build profile system should be on top of "to-do" list,and after that almost every class should get a full rework, there are just too many useless classes and what made it even worse are the players that are extremely toxic when you're not playing a "meta" class, in wvw for example (but that is not the players fault, its your fault ArenaNet).

> The biggest mistake you've done are the new " elite specs" system that just made the game 100x times more complicated to balance, and because of that there are certain classes that are unusable for PvE content, some for PvP content, and some for WvW content, which just shouldn't happen.

> And its a huge design flaw when a ranged class is only viable when using melee weapons.

> It's been hard going in-game lately when you have all 9 classes on your account and you just can't seem to find a single class you like :/ (i played many MMORPG's and this only happened in Guild wars 2.)

This is just my opinion, but I have not run into any class that is actually unusable for PVE, (I do not count raids, fractals, or dungeons as standard PVE. I have heard a lot of comments of a build not being suited to that mode, so I avoid it unless I actually know who is running the group.). That is almost exclusively what I do and I have with every class. I know that I do not run meta build on my characters, I just play the build I find I enjoy.

Outside of raids, fractals, and dungeons, I really honestly love PVE throughout almost all of the game (HOT maps are my least liked). One of the best portions of PVE to me is running into random groups that help each other out for specific tasks or just kind of interact quickly.

I do agree that it would be nice to have build templates, but in my case it is so I can swap elites and sub skills back to what I like in an easier manner. I have also found that a lot of suggestions have been taken into account and addressed as possible.

I hope that your experience can improve and you can enjoy playing all of your classes again. Just as a suggestion, maybe find some people who really enjoy a mode to run different areas/content/goals with and see if you have the same enjoyment for whatever it is that they are doing. I would also suggest avoiding any group that has a pre-qualification on armor, weapons, or build.

> @"runeblade.7514" said:

> Hearts needs to be party-friendly. It is the only feature/content that makes me not want to play with other people. When I finish my heart, I have to wait for the other player to finish before we can move on. Ultimately it makes me want to leave them completely. I feel this is a very important QoL feature that needs to be prioritize because every single 80 map from Ember bay has been heart maps. It will also help leveling core players also.

>

> How to fix:

>

> * If you are in a party and you are in the same zone with the same Heart, you share heart progress.

> * Other players take less progress from you. Meaning if you kill a mob, you get 100% heart progress and the other player gets 50% heart progress, the third player gets 25% heart progress and the final player gets 12.5% heart progress. Each progress is randomized. This is so that players don't finish hearts too quickly.

> * Players can still share progress in a squad, but only 4 players receives a shared heart progress every time.

> * Heart progress prioritize players that hasn't finished the same heart and the player in the same heart area.

>

> It will improve socialization aspect because players will party up to finish content faster.

Another idea would be to scale up the heart requirements by the number of people in your party in the heart zone. They already do this with events, so I would hope that it could be something implemented for hearts.

For the extra particle effects around the skills bar, a slider option would be much appreciated where you could fade it to zero visibility. An example would be the berserker flames that appear after full adrenaline has been reached or anything of the like for all other professions.

Add a "prioritize hearts" checkbox under "Content guide".

I love the content guide because it's well implemented and it helps you effectively explore an area without being too hand-holdy - at least I use it that way. But why does the content guide prioritize hearts over everything else? This makes no sense, especially for PoF and LW maps that have repeatable hearts.

It's annoying to have to complete hearts to "get rid of them" for the content guide to show other things. I've done them before. Sadly, they're not that enjoyable and I just want to run around the pretty maps and explore them, but I had to force myself to explore all the PoF maps in one sitting (1 map per day on my current schedule) just so the hearts didn't annoy the crap out of me. I hated it because it felt like rushing.

As a person that really likes making builds, it would be awesome if the hero panel stat window would show base stats and not only green numbers indicating a stat boost, but actually show where the buff and how much of it is coming from where. Like lets say 100 power boost from food, 250 stat increase from sigils, any amount coming from a stat conversion, for example precision to ferocity trait.

Improvement for the use of the Home Instance portal stone.

Could we please get a merchant in the Asuran and Sylvari home instances. Those two don’t have a merchant. When you have a Home Instance portal Stone a merchant in your instance is useful for low level alts that are parked at one spot to be able to go somewhere and come back. It’s also useful for other chars to have a spot to sell items. Currently I use WvW to clean out inventory for these, or PvP if it has a queue, but I’d prefer to use my home portal stone and go to that char’s home instance.

Not sure if it's been said yet but compiling all the bank tabs into one larger window (or at least have the option to like we do with our inventories) would be quite nice. It would save some scrolling space and would make the bank more customizable.

I would greatly enjoy the ability to swap weapons out of combat for Elementalist and Engineer. If we could have a second weapon set that you can only swap to out of combat, it would free up inventory space (preventing me from constantly activating my lounge pass instead of equipping my staff) and help the player transition from melee to ranged without having to open their inventory between mobs.

It would also be lovely if we could use gliding and/or mounts within the home instance. So many nodes, so little time.

Can we please choose the reward after we level up? Getting a spirit shard seems like such a terrible reward for a feat like that. It'd be nice if we could choose a level up reward and work towards getting it, even if just some random loot, it still seems better than a spirit shard. Thank you for your time reading this!

It'd be nice if you altered some of the items in the new Novelties UI. For example, the Selfless Potion cannot be used at the same time as the How To Dance, Vol. 1. Perhaps moving How To Dance over to the Transformations section would work better, since you can't use it while transformed anyway.