New herald

aimz.6287

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"Vaelen.5294" said:

> > Bottom line: I honestly feel the new Herald is more geared towards the endgame content more than for new player content than with the old Herald.

>

> New herald does more dps than old herald this is a fact.

It does? well then it will be better for raids and fractals.

> @"Vaelen.5294" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > @"Vaelen.5294" said:

> > > Bottom line: I honestly feel the new Herald is more geared towards the endgame content more than for new player content than with the old Herald.

> >

> > New herald does more dps than old herald this is a fact.

>

> It does? well then it will be better for raids and fractals.

I added you to my friends list next time you are on ill show this to you happily. and help you out on making the build.

> @"aimz.6287" said:

> > @"Vaelen.5294" said:

> > Bottom line: I honestly feel the new Herald is more geared towards the endgame content more than for new player content than with the old Herald.

>

> New herald does more dps than old herald this is a fact.

Simply not true. I tested it on golem and so did many other players. It's ~2k dps less than before and I don't see it being better in real scenarios. If you upload a video of a higher benchmark I will believe you.

The way I see it, we lost Facet in exchange for some serious buffs to Glint/Traits.

New Rising momentum is near-perma racecar rev.

Elders force got combined into our minors ( LOL ).

Forceful persistence combined with above is really good.

Hardening persistence is underrated ( Shield 5 removes 4 condis )

Free Vitality

All Glint skills buffed

But new Facet sucks. Well, it isn't bad, just not as universally useful as the old one. And that it costs 3 just makes it even sadder.

Overall it's a buff.

> @"JMaarse.7086" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > > Bottom line: I honestly feel the new Herald is more geared towards the endgame content more than for new player content than with the old Herald.

> >

>

> Simply not true. I tested it on golem and so did many other players. It's ~2k dps less than before and I don't see it being better in real scenarios. If you upload a video of a higher benchmark I will believe you.

I keep saying this. I feel like pve power revs haven't realized this yet. Mathematically we should have received only a 1% dmg loss (approx 300 dps).

(Old Herald: 5 + 9x2% = 23%)

(New Herald: 13 + 9x1% = 22%)

Realistically, since the 7% dmg buff from invocation now has a 90% health gate on it we will lose much more dps.

The new burst of strength facet does give 15% damage for 5 seconds *but* because you lose the passive damage from either impossible odds or vengeful hammers its not with it. This skill will be very good for burst in pvp though.

> @"Vaelen.5294" said:

> Here's my take on the changes and where the new Herald now stands in different GW2 game modes:

>

> WvW: Herald now shines in zerg vs zerg, the true nature effects aren't boons and can't be bubble bombed, so heralds will now act as a counter to bubble bombing and are more supportive in their role. In terms of roaming however, I feel that Herald is less shiny and can't hold his own against a thief or any other 1v1 fight any longer. I used to be able to solo camps and towers as a herald, but now with these changes I probably can't.

>

> sPvP: Obviously these changes are a direct nerf to the classic feel of herald in sPvP and now make it a more supportive role in pvp where heralds cannot hold their own in 1v1 fights.

>

>

>

>

To me the biggest hit to roaming revs is probably the lost of protection on F2's consume skill, which is definitely a significant loss, but it shouldn't affect your ability to solo camps or towers if you could previously. Could you elaborate on what specifically is the biggest nerf?

> @"JMaarse.7086" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> >

>

> Simply not true. I tested it on golem and so did many other players. It's ~2k dps less than before and I don't see it being better in real scenarios. If you upload a video of a higher benchmark I will believe you.

I’ll add you in game and show you lol? Like I’m not gonna spend my time making a video for you? You see my game name on here add me and message me if you wanna see it so bad because I know the truth it does more now..

> @"JMaarse.7086" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> >

>

I was only able to get 23k at the highest before in raids now I’m doing 26-27 like ITS A FACT

> @"Ertrak.9506" said:

> The new burst of strength facet does give 15% damage for 5 seconds *but* because you lose the passive damage from either impossible odds or vengeful hammers its not with it. This skill will be very good for burst in pvp though.

You basically do your burst in Shiro every time, so realistically this doesn't happen in PvP except in some niche cases when you are stuck in Glint for some reason.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Ertrak.9506" said:

> > The new burst of strength facet does give 15% damage for 5 seconds *but* because you lose the passive damage from either impossible odds or vengeful hammers its not with it. This skill will be very good for burst in pvp though.

>

> You basically do your burst in Shiro every time, so realistically this doesn't happen in PvP except in some niche cases when you are stuck in Glint for some reason.

Oh we're talking pvp? Mb then sorry. I'm almost entirety a pve player. I can't talk about revs pvp burst.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> WvW Rev is busted know.

> * More +% Dmg

> * 3 stacks of Group Stab every 20 second.

> * Might Stacking is 10 Targets now.

>

> Cant complain

800 heals every sec to 10 players plus 1k heal every 3 sec, and protection, with all this receive -1 pip(this was in zealots stats)

Also f2 damage reducing from jalis with the trait from herald to increased number of allied affected, f2 skills will also aply to 10 allies.

.......balanced, other classes arent as well balanced why rev should be?

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"aimz.6287" said:

> > I think we need to put back True Nature to -2 energy.. And reduce some energy for some skills and we will be tidy up.. Oh and Herlad needs new skills. Crystal hibernation needs to be walk able its cant be this sitting down stuff.. And we will be good ty anet

>

> My points exactly. True Nature needs to be -2.

-2 pip would be fair.