[Suggestion] Mute player instrument volume when blocked

Some trolls like to constantly spam a musical instrument simply to drown out others playing music as a group.

You can block that player to prevent basic chat interaction, but you still hear their instrument.

When you block it should also mute their instrument volume so they are completely silenced.

> @"Skye.2038" said:

> Sound like a good idea. But it would ruin the immersion for one troll. Either your character is wearing earbuds or not. prob better to leave it as it is now.

Or..or they could do it because trolls shouldnt be catered to in my opinion. If you are after immersion trolls wouldnt exist in this case, at least ive never seen someone troll a practiced group of players.

> @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> Report for grieving and ask your band to do the same then move to a different location.

So a group of musicians are enjoying playing together, then a dumb troll comes in and starts spamming their trumpet just to create background noise and ruin their fun and your answer is to force the 10 other players to move to another map instead of them being able to mute the troll and continue enjoying their game?

I would love if blocking muted all sounds the blocked person did. There was a person about a week ago that bragged that them spamming one note was not reportable. They also stated that they already cleared one map out already and used the volunteer pop up to see if they could clear another map. It's a bit interesting and frustrating that they can plant themselves in front of someone else and troll away until that person leaves but can only be reported if they actively follow the person around (which this person did to a few people) and flat out admit that they are there to disturb people yet if we report them, it's a false report.

> @"Icethorn.6570" said:

> > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > Report for grieving and ask your band to do the same then move to a different location.

>

> So a group of musicians are enjoying playing together, then a dumb troll comes in and starts spamming their trumpet just to create background noise and ruin their fun and your answer is to force the 10 other players to move to another map instead of them being able to mute the troll and continue enjoying their game?

Yup.

> @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > @"Icethorn.6570" said:

> > > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > > Report for grieving and ask your band to do the same then move to a different location.

> >

> > So a group of musicians are enjoying playing together, then a dumb troll comes in and starts spamming their trumpet just to create background noise and ruin their fun and your answer is to force the 10 other players to move to another map instead of them being able to mute the troll and continue enjoying their game?

>

> Yup.

It's pretty much the same thing RL street musicians have to do when someone trolls their performance. As a busker, one can either wait them out or move. There's no authority that's going to ask them to move.

I agree trolls are annoying, but almost always, the best way to deal with them is just to give them zero attention.

I've rarely gotten trolled by someone with another instrument, but when I do, one thing I do is improvise and play my instrument based off the note or notes they are playing. Suddenly I've changed their demeanor from trolling, to being amazed or feeling awkward when playing together doesn't sound bad. XD I've had a few after our jam session say like "well played" or "you won this round". The important strategy is to not feed them but to get them either disinterested in trolling further or to get them out of their comfort zone.

I think a mute button for other players instruments in the "options" menu would be a nice option. It genuinely surprises me that there isn't one and that "Mute other players' item sounds" doesn't apply to instruments (WHY???? WHY TF DOESN'T IT????). With the novelty give-away it seems like everyone and there mother has picked up an instrument and whether they're good at macromusic, bad, or just trolling it get grating after a while. Blocking every player to get their music to stop will leave you with a really long block list that you probably won't remember why you put some people on there after a while, but expanding "mute other player item sounds" wouldn't. Could also feasibly put in an option to allow only instruments from people in your own party to be heard (in the case of groups playing together vs. one troll).

> @"Seremela the Elf Mage.1748" said:

> I think a mute button for other players instruments in the "options" menu would be a nice option. It genuinely surprises me that there isn't one and that "Mute other players' item sounds" doesn't apply to instruments (WHY???? WHY TF DOESN'T IT????). With the novelty give-away it seems like everyone and there mother has picked up an instrument and whether they're good at macromusic, bad, or just trolling it get grating after a while. Blocking every player to get their music to stop will leave you with a really long block list that you probably won't remember why you put some people on there after a while, but expanding "mute other player item sounds" wouldn't. Could also feasibly put in an option to allow only instruments from people in your own party to be heard (in the case of groups playing together vs. one troll).

But you can mute other player’s instruments. WHY WHYYY! WHY TF HAVEN’T YOU SEEN THE OPTION IN THE SOUND OPTIONS MENU?!!?!!!!!!!!?!?!!!??!!!!

> @"FOX.3582" said:

> But you can mute other player’s instruments. WHY WHYYY! WHY TF HAVEN’T YOU SEEN THE OPTION IN THE SOUND OPTIONS MENU?!!?!!!!!!!!?!?!!!??!!!!

Other Players' Unique Item Sounds wasn't muting instruments and player instrument volume mutes my own so why don't you do your homework before making an idiotic suggestion that doesn't pertain to the issue? :3

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > > @"Icethorn.6570" said:

> > > > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > > > Report for grieving and ask your band to do the same then move to a different location.

> > >

> > > So a group of musicians are enjoying playing together, then a dumb troll comes in and starts spamming their trumpet just to create background noise and ruin their fun and your answer is to force the 10 other players to move to another map instead of them being able to mute the troll and continue enjoying their game?

> >

> > Yup.

>

> It's pretty much the same thing RL street musicians have to do when someone trolls their performance. As a busker, one can either wait them out or move. There's no authority that's going to ask them to move.

>

> I agree trolls are annoying, but almost always, the best way to deal with them is just to give them zero attention.

The difference is in a game there is nothing you can do unless the devs build a way to handle it directly. In real life if someone does such things they face the consequences of someone not willing to put up with it.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> The difference is in a game there is nothing you can do unless the devs build a way to handle it directly. In real life if someone does such things they face the consequences of someone not willing to put up with it.

What consequences? That bigger, angrier, stronger buskers can chase the timid ones away? For reasonable people, there aren't any RL options either unless someone is trespassing. There's no equivalent in Tyria, since no one can enter your home instance without your express permission.

They really do go away if people stop paying them public attention, sometimes within 5 or 10 minutes (usually takes longer after the last person comments).

> @"Seremela the Elf Mage.1748" said:

> > @"FOX.3582" said:

>

> > But you can mute other player’s instruments. WHY WHYYY! WHY TF HAVEN’T YOU SEEN THE OPTION IN THE SOUND OPTIONS MENU?!!?!!!!!!!!?!?!!!??!!!!

>

> Other Players' Unique Item Sounds wasn't muting instruments and player instrument volume mutes my own so why don't you do your homework before making an idiotic suggestion that doesn't pertain to the issue? :3

I think you play a different Guild Wars 2 ...

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > > > @"Icethorn.6570" said:

> > > > > @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> > > > > Report for grieving and ask your band to do the same then move to a different location.

> > > >

> > > > So a group of musicians are enjoying playing together, then a dumb troll comes in and starts spamming their trumpet just to create background noise and ruin their fun and your answer is to force the 10 other players to move to another map instead of them being able to mute the troll and continue enjoying their game?

> > >

> > > Yup.

> >

> > It's pretty much the same thing RL street musicians have to do when someone trolls their performance. As a busker, one can either wait them out or move. There's no authority that's going to ask them to move.

> >

> > I agree trolls are annoying, but almost always, the best way to deal with them is just to give them zero attention.

>

> The difference is in a game there is nothing you can do unless the devs build a way to handle it directly. In real life if someone does such things they face the consequences of someone not willing to put up with it.

So you confront them, authorities show up they would not arrest anyone for public disturbance, they would just disperse both parties. Which you could have done in the first place. You are asking Anet to show up and disperse both parties, which is a waste of resources.