What is the Power Reaper "job's" in SPVP?

WilnerGW.3275

Hi!

What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

* It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

* It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

* It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

* And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Teamfights as you're an AOE machine - esp. if you run that wells meta build (which I would not run, but it's meta, so what!).

>

> You can also build for a bruiser playstyle (what I do, as this allows some decent carrying, if your team sucks).

Hey ty for answer!

Would mind to share your build/playstyle?

> @"WilnerGW.3275" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > Teamfights as you're an AOE machine - esp. if you run that wells meta build (which I would not run, but it's meta, so what!).

> >

> > You can also build for a bruiser playstyle (what I do, as this allows some decent carrying, if your team sucks).

>

> Hey ty for answer!

>

> Would mind to share your build/playstyle?

A straight forward bruising build with a good mix of damage and sustain and tons of trait-/skill-synergies:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnc0A90g12AG3A0bildBLOKeF3iQRtEQAg6KcGSWA-jJxHAB2XGon9HG4JAAwpAAA

Playstyle? Hard to explain. Just be useful. ^^

> @"WilnerGW.3275" said:

> Hi!

>

> What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

> IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

>

> * It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

> * It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

> * It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

> But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

> * And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

>

> It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

You got it right. In high skilled PvP matches you won't do much.

Necro only works very well in low skill matches, where people don't know necros weaknesses or don't know how to use those weaknesses against him

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"WilnerGW.3275" said:

> > Hi!

> >

> > What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

> > IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

> >

> > * It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

> > * It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

> > * It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

> > But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

> > * And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

> >

> > It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

>

> You got it right. In high skilled PvP matches you won't do much.

> Necro only works very well in low skill matches, where people don't know necros weaknesses or don't know how to use those weaknesses against him

That isn't 100% true,

if your team have Good "healer" Firebrand or something that help you live longer you will be fearsome dmg dealer/debuffer but on your own it will be hard.

If your team have only clasess with 1v1 builds you will suffer but ppl with brain know what necro with support can do.

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"WilnerGW.3275" said:

> > > Hi!

> > >

> > > What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

> > > IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

> > >

> > > * It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

> > > * It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

> > > * It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

> > > But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

> > > * And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

> > >

> > > It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

> >

> > You got it right. In high skilled PvP matches you won't do much.

> > Necro only works very well in low skill matches, where people don't know necros weaknesses or don't know how to use those weaknesses against him

>

> That isn't 100% true,

>

> if your team have Good "healer" Firebrand or something that help you live longer you will be fearsome dmg dealer/debuffer but on your own it will be hard.

> If your team have only clasess with 1v1 builds you will suffer but ppl with brain know what necro with support can do.

Kinda right and kinda wrong at the same time.

Because necro can't be healed in shroud. So if it's not a premade groups that can speak with each other, necro isn't very good.

And there's a pretty easy way to counter necro healer combo.

1. Lots of cc pressure

2. Ignoring the point with necro and healer on it and take advantage of 5v3 on other 2 points because necro has the crappiest movement in the whole game.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Hi!

> >

> > What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

> > IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

> >

> > * It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

> > * It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

> > * It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

> > But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

> > * And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

> >

> > It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

>

> You got it right. In **high skilled PvP matches** you won't do much.

> Necro only works very well in low skill matches, where people don't know necros weaknesses or don't know how to use those weaknesses against him

You are speaking about a part of the game, you have never participated. That's insane.

You have proved dozens of time, that you have no clue about necro. Hell you don't even understand PvE basics like the damage calculation of the training golem (other thread).

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"WilnerGW.3275" said:

> > > > Hi!

> > > >

> > > > What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

> > > > IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

> > > >

> > > > * It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

> > > > * It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

> > > > * It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

> > > > But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

> > > > * And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

> > > >

> > > > It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

> > >

> > > You got it right. In high skilled PvP matches you won't do much.

> > > Necro only works very well in low skill matches, where people don't know necros weaknesses or don't know how to use those weaknesses against him

> >

> > That isn't 100% true,

> >

> > if your team have Good "healer" Firebrand or something that help you live longer you will be fearsome dmg dealer/debuffer but on your own it will be hard.

> > If your team have only clasess with 1v1 builds you will suffer but ppl with brain know what necro with support can do.

>

> Kinda right and kinda wrong at the same time.

>

> Because necro can't be healed in shroud. So if it's not a premade groups that can speak with each other, necro isn't very good.

> And there's a pretty easy way to counter necro healer combo.

>

> 1. Lots of cc pressure

> 2. Ignoring the point with necro and healer on it and take advantage of 5v3 on other 2 points because necro has the crappiest movement in the whole game.

Reading this hurts. Why would any necro firebrand combo sit far away from the rest of the team?

5v3 on the other points? That's nonsense (in such a big way I don't even know where to start to explain why) and shows a lack of understanding of positioning basics (well, following your post history I am not surprised).

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"WilnerGW.3275" said:

> > > Hi!

> > >

> > > What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

> > > IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

> > >

> > > * It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

> > > * It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

> > > * It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

> > > But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

> > > * And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

> > >

> > > It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

> >

> > You got it right. In **high skilled PvP matches** you won't do much.

> > Necro only works very well in low skill matches, where people don't know necros weaknesses or don't know how to use those weaknesses against him

> You are speaking about a part of the game, you have never participated. That's insane.

>

> You have proved dozens of time, that you have no clue about necro. Hell you don't even understand PvE basics like the damage calculation of the training golem (other thread).

>

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > @"WilnerGW.3275" said:

> > > > > Hi!

> > > > >

> > > > > What should i be looking for in a 5v5 conquest match, playing as a Power Reaper?

> > > > > IMO Reaper dont shiny in none of the SPvP roles.

> > > > >

> > > > > * It isnt the best 1v1er (cant win against a good Mirage/SpellBreaker), so Node onwership isnt an option.

> > > > > * It isnt a good +1 Roamer. Since it has almost no mobility.

> > > > > * It isnt the best TeamFighter. It can be pressured and focused down really fast (as a Scourge). You need a dedicated support, like FireBrand, to help you.

> > > > > But if are gonna be dependant on your suport, its so much better play a Scourge. You have more Teamfight pressure and even utility.

> > > > > * And last but not least, Reaper isnt a Support. No discussion about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > It does a good AOE damage and can put some pressure on enemy team, but there are other classes that can do it better, OR, can do it at the same level but has more reliable defenses in case to be focused.

> > > >

> > > > You got it right. In high skilled PvP matches you won't do much.

> > > > Necro only works very well in low skill matches, where people don't know necros weaknesses or don't know how to use those weaknesses against him

> > >

> > > That isn't 100% true,

> > >

> > > if your team have Good "healer" Firebrand or something that help you live longer you will be fearsome dmg dealer/debuffer but on your own it will be hard.

> > > If your team have only clasess with 1v1 builds you will suffer but ppl with brain know what necro with support can do.

> >

> > Kinda right and kinda wrong at the same time.

> >

> > Because necro can't be healed in shroud. So if it's not a premade groups that can speak with each other, necro isn't very good.

> > And there's a pretty easy way to counter necro healer combo.

> >

> > 1. Lots of cc pressure

> > 2. Ignoring the point with necro and healer on it and take advantage of 5v3 on other 2 points because necro has the crappiest movement in the whole game.

> Reading this hurts. Why would any necro firebrand combo sit far away from the rest of the team?

This question shows that you don't understand what I mean.

>

> 5v3 on the other points? That's nonsense (in such a big way I don't even know where to start to explain why) and shows a lack of understanding of positioning basics (well, following your post history I am not surprised).

It's funny cause I think the same thing about you.

And yes I never have played high PvP but I know a lot of people that do. And they would tell you the exact same things.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > Teamfights as you're an AOE machine - esp. if you run that wells meta build (which I would not run, but it's meta, so what!).

> > >

> > > You can also build for a bruiser playstyle (what I do, as this allows some decent carrying, if your team sucks).

> >

> > Hey ty for answer!

> >

> > Would mind to share your build/playstyle?

> A straight forward bruising build with a good mix of damage and sustain and tons of trait-/skill-synergies:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnc0A90g12AG3A0bildBLOKeF3iQRtEQAg6KcGSWA-jJxHAB2XGon9HG4JAAwpAAA

>

> Playstyle? Hard to explain. Just be useful. ^^

Thanks kind sir, Reaper is a new beast for me.

Another one of these pages fun. If you want more in depth detail go back to some of my previous posts as i don't want to re-write the small book I made before on a reapers role.

Long story short reaper can survive solo despite what people say but its all about positioning to keep alive. (dancing in and out of fights). Aka start way behind your team in the initial team fight push and other pushes after that so the enemy team either has to run through the team to get to you thus taking a lot of free damage or they leave you alone. You then focus down the focus targets with axe 2 spike and boon strip as much as you can. When the target is around 50-75% health you start to move in and go into shroud so you can proc the grand-master from the spite line which = more boons stripped, dash towards them and go for the stun if they don't have stability and basically assassinate the target.

Your role then swaps at this point from a pseudo team fight assassin to aoe down body cleave. Your priority is to cleave that down body with everything you have aka great-sword, shroud, wells if you are running blood wells or spectral grasp if your in the spectral line. If the enemy doesn't want to go near you great that's a free dead body, if they are brave / stupid enough to try to res the downed team-mate they will most likely either go down themselves or take so much free damage they have to run away or will be downed soon.

If you can avoid it don't sit there to cap the point either but instead move to the next fight as you are the damage powerhouse so you want to utilize all the damage you have in spiking down other targets on other nodes when the team-fight is won.

TLDR: Teamfighter that goes from the edge of team fights to into the thick of it when a kill can be secured.

For those curious as to what I run. I still run my blood wells power reaper that i posted a month or 2 ago, have also been messing around with shout reaper with RO using spite and soul reaping its not viable but hilariously fun and Spectral Soul Reaper is the 3rd build that i run.