Bought POF Ultimate but a question

This thing seems backwards to me. Why do you have to wait 3 days when purchasing an expansion to get the gems in the bundle but purchasing gems only from the game is instant delivery? I don't care for the extra crap that came with Ultimate bundle. I could have just bought the $50 expansion 2-pack and then 4000 gems separately and it would have all been immediate delivery.

It is due to account validation and security. Essentially, you are flipping from FtP to BtP so they have more security processes in the back end that verifies the purchase (to make sure it is not fraudulent) and add the license etc to your account which then flips it to all access. So it really isn't the gems per say as much as it is an account security thing.

I also hear that normally support helps with this, if you couldn't buy items at a discount because they took long to deliver the gems. I would place a ticket stating your situation, and when support gets to it, they may tell you to buy what you wanted at regular price and that they'll reimburse the gem difference afterwards.

Though it may take a while as I also heard there's quite a backlog of tickets to go through.

> @"Zushada.6108" said:

> It is due to account validation and security. Essentially, you are flipping from FtP to BtP so they have more security processes in the back end that verifies the purchase (to make sure it is not fraudulent) and add the license etc to your account which then flips it to all access. So it really isn't the gems per say as much as it is an account security thing.

Technically I'm not as I purchased the original GW2 at launch. So I am going from paid vanilla to latest expansion which should not be the same as going from a free to play account to paid.

They activated the expansions immediately along with the all the stuff that came with the bundle as well. So I got everything right away but the gems. If they didn't activate the expansions right away the purchase check would make sense but that is not the case.

> @"Wigglybuff.2138" said:

> > @"Zushada.6108" said:

> > It is due to account validation and security. Essentially, you are flipping from FtP to BtP so they have more security processes in the back end that verifies the purchase (to make sure it is not fraudulent) and add the license etc to your account which then flips it to all access. So it really isn't the gems per say as much as it is an account security thing.

>

> Technically I'm not as I purchased the original GW2 at launch. So I am going from paid vanilla to latest expansion which should not be the same as going from a free to play account to paid.

I also bought Core and had early access. However, when I bought to HoT about a year later, I had to wait a day or two as well. The delay did get longer with PoF for some reason but I assume that is stronger security measures. There is a thread in here somewhere that explained it but it is what Healix.5819 said, too many fraudulent purchases with HoT so they added in an extra layer of security. I bought PoF as soon as it was announced and still waited the 3-4 days for clearance.

> @"Wigglybuff.2138" said:

> > @"Zushada.6108" said:

> > It is due to account validation and security. Essentially, you are flipping from FtP to BtP so they have more security processes in the back end that verifies the purchase (to make sure it is not fraudulent) and add the license etc to your account which then flips it to all access. So it really isn't the gems per say as much as it is an account security thing.

>

> Technically I'm not as I purchased the original GW2 at launch. So I am going from paid vanilla to latest expansion which should not be the same as going from a free to play account to paid.

>

> They activated the expansions immediately along with the all the stuff that came with the bundle as well. So I got everything right away but the gems. If they didn't activate the expansions right away the purchase check would make sense but that is not the case.

Yeah that is how it works. The in-game stuff they can just delete if you are a fraud LOL the gems are a bit trickier to manage. :smile: Like I mentioned I waited for gems after Hot and PoF purchases as well but got access to everything and all the extras arrived in the mail; it was just the gems. I think it is because you can flip the gems to gold etc and the stuff that they mail you is account bound.