I think Deadeye is actually in a good place right now.

Gatvin.6510

Right now it feels like Deadeye is in a good place. Playing against them dodging at key times prevents them from doing damage. They occasionally kill me, I occasionally kill them, and unless I'm low on cooldowns from another fight or something I can always see a line of counterplay, even if I fail to execute it correctly.

Playing it I don't always have access to stealth. I've got enough stealth that I can use it effectively defensively and still net positive against my opponent's healing skills in terms of damage.. I can kill them if they aren't playing well. I feel comfortable enough with the rifle that I don't ALWAYS need to rely on my secondary weapon set as a part of regular combat, so that becomes an option for flexibility in gameplay. The deadeye IS still lacking in the aoe department, so I usually run shortbow as my secondary for aoe purposes.

Right now, its both fun and effective, and even if its not perfect, I think ANet's done a pretty good job.

Edit: Specifcally talking about Rifle here.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> In sPvP? Yeah pretty much.

>

> In WvW? No, we need a nerf to Malicious Backstab. ---and a change to Malicious Tactical Strike to something more useful.

we could use a different scaling effect for both of them, because both of them are not needed. but that would both be buffs.

the only thing where we 'need' high malice backstab are trailblaizer condi mirages, it is only because they never have a clear vulnerability window due to mirage cloak working when CCed or immobed, even without EM. yet those condi mirages are not really a threat for a stealthy deadeye. every other opponent is easily killable with a deaths judgement or low malice stab.

Idk, in SPvP it seems pretty OP, having a deadeye in party now, is just like having a reaper in the party a few months ago. Deadeye can basically put anyone down in a few seconds, without having to be at risk or near the target. The deadeye is in general an interesting topic, since A-Net in the beggining process had the idea that ranged should deal equal dmg as melee, but the retracted that idea, since there simply is a difference in a person standing still having a range lock on, and a person moving around to damage the target.

Deadeye in general:

it is sad that the risk are very minimal compared to the dmg output, it generally does mean that deadeye can almost get away with everything if decent. If the person could not stealth/Move while being in position for a few sec, or something, it would make a huge difference. Now there is of cause a huge difference between a dedicated team that can simply hunt down a bad deadeye and a team that goes straight for necro in the middle, but even then, the deadeye have a huge variation of stealth/move capabilities, which would lead to the enemy looking for the deadeye for a while while the teammates just get the point and dmg the party for free.

Atm I am only Gold 3, I can not speak for what happens in Legend, but so far, having a deadeye with this current meta, is key to easy winnings

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > Lets face it, deadeye WILL be adjusted.

> >

> > My bets is on the rifle #3 (without kneel) ini cost +1, might on hit 2 (currently 3). And thats where things will be balanced, imo.

>

> interesting, thats probably the skill on rifle i use the least :3

thats prolly because you play without trickery and BQoBK

> @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > > Lets face it, deadeye WILL be adjusted.

> > >

> > > My bets is on the rifle #3 (without kneel) ini cost +1, might on hit 2 (currently 3). And thats where things will be balanced, imo.

> >

> > interesting, thats probably the skill on rifle i use the least :3

>

> thats prolly because you play without trickery and BQoBK

i play without trickery and not allways with BQoBK indeed.

when i want a high opening burst with rifle and dont want to kneel i use skirmishers shot out of stealth and while mid air DJ wich then will be a 3 malice DJ. can do that with double tap too but then you need to be near max range. if you expect multiple double taps to hit than this DJ will also hit.

less prone to bodyblocks is also a reason why i prefer skirmishers shot.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > > > Lets face it, deadeye WILL be adjusted.

> > > >

> > > > My bets is on the rifle #3 (without kneel) ini cost +1, might on hit 2 (currently 3). And thats where things will be balanced, imo.

> > >

> > > interesting, thats probably the skill on rifle i use the least :3

> >

> > thats prolly because you play without trickery and BQoBK

>

> i play without trickery and not allways with BQoBK indeed.

> when i want a high opening burst with rifle and dont want to kneel i use skirmishers shot out of stealth and while mid air DJ wich then will be a 3 malice DJ. can do that with double tap too but then you need to be near max range. if you expect multiple double taps to hit than this DJ will also hit.

> less prone to bodyblocks is also a reason why i prefer skirmishers shot.

In my opinion, builds without trickery are subpar in sPvP, lack of CC and reliable boonsteal on demand makes you close to useless. And BQoBK lets you hit multiple #3 stacking considerable amount of might which in turn improves overall damage. Rifle is predictable and obvious in terms of big damage opener, I use it mostly as ranged pressure and utility tool (pretty much like shortbow).

> @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > > > > Lets face it, deadeye WILL be adjusted.

> > > > >

> > > > > My bets is on the rifle #3 (without kneel) ini cost +1, might on hit 2 (currently 3). And thats where things will be balanced, imo.

> > > >

> > > > interesting, thats probably the skill on rifle i use the least :3

> > >

> > > thats prolly because you play without trickery and BQoBK

> >

> > i play without trickery and not allways with BQoBK indeed.

> > when i want a high opening burst with rifle and dont want to kneel i use skirmishers shot out of stealth and while mid air DJ wich then will be a 3 malice DJ. can do that with double tap too but then you need to be near max range. if you expect multiple double taps to hit than this DJ will also hit.

> > less prone to bodyblocks is also a reason why i prefer skirmishers shot.

>

> In my opinion, builds without trickery are subpar in sPvP, lack of CC and reliable boonsteal on demand makes you close to useless. And BQoBK lets you hit multiple #3 stacking considerable amount of might which in turn improves overall damage. Rifle is predictable and obvious in terms of big damage opener, I use it mostly as ranged pressure and utility tool (pretty much like shortbow).

the problem i have with trickery on DE is that if you want to utilize your malice, then you need to use the mark at the beginning so your boonsteal and daze is allways at the same time in the fight. that and mark having a casttime so you cant use it as good for an interrupt like steal.

and as i am more in WvW, there are a ton of warriors wich have mostly last stand so i wouldnt want the daze especially not with BQoBK. i think in sPvP they use more RR.

i prefer to use binding shadows as my trickery steal replacement, the boon rip is not as strong but the CC with immob is really good. but i guess you need that other stunbreak in spvp mostly because your more pressed for time and dont have as much time between encounters. i still hope for a change to rending shade to apply to any attack from stealth, not just stealth attacks to help me with the boonrip part as using stealth attacks again interferes with malice.

> @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > Lets face it, deadeye WILL be adjusted.

> > >

> > > My bets is on the rifle #3 (without kneel) ini cost +1, might on hit 2 (currently 3). And thats where things will be balanced, imo.

> >

> > interesting, thats probably the skill on rifle i use the least :3

>

> thats prolly because you play without trickery and BQoBK

If you're high power and high ferocity and using BQoBK, you're better off spamming 2 instead of 3 while standing.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > > > Lets face it, deadeye WILL be adjusted.

> > > >

> > > > My bets is on the rifle #3 (without kneel) ini cost +1, might on hit 2 (currently 3). And thats where things will be balanced, imo.

> > >

> > > interesting, thats probably the skill on rifle i use the least :3

> >

> > thats prolly because you play without trickery and BQoBK

>

> If you're high power and high ferocity and using BQoBK, you're better off spamming 2 instead of 3 while standing.

I use 2-3 burst on mark and spam 3-3-2 off quickness.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > If you happen to use P/P and D/D, Deadeye is very clunky. DE Marks works well with P/P but D/D needs Steal.

> >

> > However, I agree that Rifle is starting to grow on me. Kneeling is still annoying, but not as annoying as before.

>

> Infiltrator s signet and shadow step

Infiltrator's signet is ok, but that is taking up a utility slot. As for Shadowstep, no way I'm taking a 50s CD utility skill.

The clunkiness of DE while using D/D is the reason why S/x is preferred or better yet, just use Core.

> @"Gatvin.6510" said:

> Right now it feels like Deadeye is in a good place. Playing against them dodging at key times prevents them from doing damage. They occasionally kill me, I occasionally kill them, and unless I'm low on cooldowns from another fight or something I can always see a line of counterplay, even if I fail to execute it correctly.

>

> Playing it I don't always have access to stealth. I've got enough stealth that I can use it effectively defensively and still net positive against my opponent's healing skills in terms of damage.. I can kill them if they aren't playing well. I feel comfortable enough with the rifle that I don't ALWAYS need to rely on my secondary weapon set as a part of regular combat, so that becomes an option for flexibility in gameplay. The deadeye IS still lacking in the aoe department, so I usually run shortbow as my secondary for aoe purposes.

>

> Right now, its both fun and effective, and even if its not perfect, I think ANet's done a pretty good job.

>

> Edit: Specifcally talking about Rifle here.

Rifle/Rifle with Energy Sigils, same sort of build can be used in WvW with endurance regen foods ontop of the Energy Sigils... Just a low tier scrub player

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Gatvin.6510" said:

> > Right now it feels like Deadeye is in a good place. Playing against them dodging at key times prevents them from doing damage. They occasionally kill me, I occasionally kill them, and unless I'm low on cooldowns from another fight or something I can always see a line of counterplay, even if I fail to execute it correctly.

> >

> > Playing it I don't always have access to stealth. I've got enough stealth that I can use it effectively defensively and still net positive against my opponent's healing skills in terms of damage.. I can kill them if they aren't playing well. I feel comfortable enough with the rifle that I don't ALWAYS need to rely on my secondary weapon set as a part of regular combat, so that becomes an option for flexibility in gameplay. The deadeye IS still lacking in the aoe department, so I usually run shortbow as my secondary for aoe purposes.

> >

> > Right now, its both fun and effective, and even if its not perfect, I think ANet's done a pretty good job.

> >

> > Edit: Specifcally talking about Rifle here.

>

> Rifle/Rifle with Energy Sigils, same sort of build can be used in WvW with endurance regen foods ontop of the Energy Sigils... Just a low tier scrub player

you dont need 2 rifles in WvW as you can proc on weapon swap effects with a blueprint / birthday blaster or any other bundle item that you can hold in WvW.

so you even have room for d/p for OOC stealth and fighting power mesmers/thieves.

I despise Deadeyes and i dont like the class. It separated from Thieves and now fakes to be us. I want them gone. But cant do anything about it. Every player who was thief before is now a deadeye. It is like a plague that consumes Thief specialization. For worse it is so good people actually want to play it. I hope next exp will bring something that will resurect thief class and puts up competition for these blink blink bang bang amateurs

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> I despise Deadeyes and i dont like the class. It separated from Thieves and now fakes to be us. I want them gone. But cant do anything about it. Every player who was thief before is now a deadeye. It is like a plague that consumes Thief specialization. For worse it is so good people actually want to play it. I hope next exp will bring something that will resurect thief class and puts up competition for these blink blink bang bang amateurs

Look out every one, we got a bad ass over here

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Gatvin.6510" said:

> > Right now it feels like Deadeye is in a good place. Playing against them dodging at key times prevents them from doing damage. They occasionally kill me, I occasionally kill them, and unless I'm low on cooldowns from another fight or something I can always see a line of counterplay, even if I fail to execute it correctly.

> >

> > Playing it I don't always have access to stealth. I've got enough stealth that I can use it effectively defensively and still net positive against my opponent's healing skills in terms of damage.. I can kill them if they aren't playing well. I feel comfortable enough with the rifle that I don't ALWAYS need to rely on my secondary weapon set as a part of regular combat, so that becomes an option for flexibility in gameplay. The deadeye IS still lacking in the aoe department, so I usually run shortbow as my secondary for aoe purposes.

> >

> > Right now, its both fun and effective, and even if its not perfect, I think ANet's done a pretty good job.

> >

> > Edit: Specifcally talking about Rifle here.

>

> Rifle/Rifle with Energy Sigils, same sort of build can be used in WvW with endurance regen foods ontop of the Energy Sigils... Just a low tier scrub player

>

>

This looks more like you're playing the map better than the enemy, who chose to fight a high ground deadeye for some reason. But when you were on the ground you got punished horribly

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

just to let you know i am not saying this because i would be a bad ass altho i know my stuf pretty well. I am saying this because Deadeye split thieves in two and is literally doing no good to our class. They are Deadeyes. Thieves are slowly dying out. Either leaving game or simply giving up and moving on to other class or Deadeye. And that is why i hate Deadeyes. Yes they are nice to play. They are powerful but they stole our class. And they dont even have steal. :P I want Thief back. Daredevil is maybe still able to do something but even that is getting harder each day since people get more and more used to the new elites and wont do mistakes DD can punish forever. DE just blinks in stlealth and camps off anything with three shots. That is not fighting that is camping. Someone mentioned here Deadeyes are not fighting fair. Well yes i guess we achieved that. But this is not the good way to achieve it.

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> just to let you know i am not saying this because i would be a bad kitten altho i know my stuf pretty well. I am saying this because Deadeye split thieves in two and is literally doing no good to our class. They are Deadeyes. Thieves are slowly dying out. Either leaving game or simply giving up and moving on to other class or Deadeye. And that is why i hate Deadeyes. Yes they are nice to play. They are powerful but they stole our class. And they dont even have steal. :P I want Thief back. Daredevil is maybe still able to do something but even that is getting harder each day since people get more and more used to the new elites and wont do mistakes DD can punish forever. DE just blinks in stlealth and camps off anything with three shots. That is not fighting that is camping. Someone mentioned here Deadeyes are not fighting fair. Well yes i guess we achieved that. But this is not the good way to achieve it.

>

>

If you prefer daredevil, nothing forces you not to. My own experience was after stealth on dodge there was a huge spike in the number od DE's. Much fewer played them before so assuming that had remained the case would not the DE have the same complainst you express? Over the past few weeks I have seen the number of DE's drop and the number of DD or core (specifically s/d) climb again. People try out new things then move back to what they have the most fun with or most comfortable with, the same as it ever was. Other builds just fall by the wayside as happened to the old d/d which was my first thief build. I suggest that if everything remained the same as it ever was, there would be a lot less people playing the game.