Who willing to sacrifice Hammer 4 (Field of the Mists) for a two hander melee dps weapon?

Knighthonor.4061

Who willing to sacrifice Hammer 4 (Field of the Mists) for a two hander melee dps weapon?

Hear me out first. Remember how pre HoT leaks showed the Guardian's longbow having a skill 5 that changed the weapon abilities between dps and support weapon skills like a transformation of some kind?

Well what if Hammer 4 (Field of the Mists) was our equivalent of that. Instead of what it is now, it gets moved to slot 5, and skill 5 is moved to slot 4.

Field of the Mist gets a new name and new function that changes the Hammer skills between what it currently is (minus Field of the Mist) into a full functional Melee Hammer skillset. It now acts as a Toggle ability on the weapon for this switch to take place of the Hammer skills (1-4). This way we can have a 2hander Melee weapon that's Damage focused unlike Staff which is for I don't know what...

This way we can get a nice 2 hander melee weapon without the need to wait for the GreatSword Elite Spec, which honestly I don't see coming any time soon. Likely going to get a Torch, Focus, Warhorn elite spec. I can see it coming.

Tired of waiting for GreatSword Elite Spec which Anet may even make into a Range weapon or something.

Seem like a cool idea for one small sacrifice of Field of the Mist (Hammer 4). Anybody else down for this idea?

I personally like the hammer the way it is. #4 is a pretty exceptional mobile defense shield with a high uptime (6s) and low cooldown (12s). There isn't many skills out there that can give ranged defense with 50% uptime. I wouldn't mind another option for melee combat, but not at the cost of the hammer losing part of its utility.