My Frustrations as a New Flute Novelty Owner

Lizdeath.5143

I recently got a flute in game, its wonderful and sounds great and its been on my purchase list for many months.

I'm frustrated though, I can't play two of the same note in a row.

In real life, I'd just blow a ta ka and have two notes at the same pitch with the same fingering and call it two notes.

In game, its a continuous airstream, and I have to actively stop and restart the note, with there not being the soft breaks of tu tuing my airstream. Its frustrating and I don't have a solution.

Can the flute get some flutist love?

Its not even about a smooth performance

If I want to do D D, I should be able to press 2 2, rather than pressing 2 2 and getting D~~ as if I never pressed the second 2.

One solution is to play something like DCD or DED instead of D D, but now its a different piece.

Special action key exists for other things, maybe with instruments it can be a feature unique to that instrument.

There's a lot of small things that could be done to improve the quality of life, but some would add unnecessary complexity.

Another option would be special action sharpens/naturals a note. Tapping 0 creates an airstream rest, holding it smoothly flows from note to note, and not holding it plays the note hard.

Yes I noticed it too. I've been learning some songs that requires playing 2 times the same note and its frustrating that I cant.

> Originally, there was no way to end a repeating note, until the July 24, 2013 update, after which you could press the same key to stop the sound. This was replaced in a subsequent patch with the break functionality.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flute

The problem with the break funcionality is that it makes you completely stop using the flute, there is a delay of about a sec until you can play another note after you hit "break". (or 0 key).

it looks like musical instruments were originally intended as toys, like, to play with them making nonsensical sounds and such. But people got to use them as actual instruments. They do really need a general improvement.

And a little advertisement, one of my biggest problems is the input delay, I normally play with 128-150 ping and its complicated to play songs while hearing what i'm playing 1/3 of a second after I press a key.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53570/musical-instruments-and-ping-input-delay-make-instruments-sounds-client-sided-please

> @"Lizdeath.5143" said:

> I recently got a flute in game, its wonderful and sounds great and its been on my purchase list for many months.

>

> I'm frustrated though, I can't play two of the same note in a row.

>

> In real life, I'd just blow a ta ka and have two notes at the same pitch with the same fingering and call it two notes.

>

> In game, its a continuous airstream, and I have to actively stop and restart the note, with there not being the soft breaks of tu tuing my airstream. Its frustrating and I don't have a solution.

>

> Can the flute get some flutist love?

Hey you frustrated, I'm frustrated for a bass guitar that sounds more like an old piano.