finally trying Mirage

Ithilwen.1529

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > I think the biggest cuts to Mirage may be past for the moment so I am trying the build.

> >

> > At the moment, I'm running axe/pistol and sword/torch. It feels *extremely* awkward. So two questions; Is there a staff Mirage build? and **can anyone point me to a good guide for a condi mirage axe build?**

> >

> > I've run PU staff and scepter torch for years now and melee Mesmering is uncomfortable.

>

> https://www.godsofpvp.net/builds/mesmer

>

> This is the build to run for Mirage. If you want, you can run Sword+Torch/Staff with just a few changes to traits (Desert Distortion instead of Axe Trait. Desperate Decoy Instead of Pistol trait). It's fine. But staff is a lot more attrisive of a weapon and so it struggles in a meta as explosively lethal as this.

>

I think you mean attritive? Staff works exceptionally well even for damage in pvp. You could even pair it with Axe/Torch and still do really well. But it's all relative to how comfortable you are with these styles.

> Axe+Torch/Sword+Pistol is better as Axe just hits like a crazy nuke. It's funny. Mirage basically doesn't have any traits that impact damage aside from Infinite Horizon like a lot of other specializations. All the damage to make it a viable DPS spec is just front loaded entirely onto the axe.

Axe Ambush on top of a target just adds to the insane condition damage. I see too many Mirages now dodging from a far and using Axe ambush just to not have them hit.

Your best sticking with core PU Mesmer. I've played it since games release and also handicap myself with playing using an Xbox controller. I am happy with mid gold nearly every season. playing smart can be far more effective in a team game than whether or not you can hit them silky burst combos, learn your weaknesses and your builds strengths. my build is extremely weak to condi but with arcane thievery and torch 4 plus sigils I can cope with anything but a scourge condi bomb. I very rarely die in pvp considering I run sinister amulet due to my insane bursts so core Mesmer can defiantly handle itself fine.

I say stick with what you know best and fine a build and style that suits you.