Before you buy or sell on the trading post READ THIS!

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> [...] and I sometimes buy stuff that is not the cheapest but a couple of coppers more, just cause I can.

You may think you are doing that, but you actually don't. Long ago I disliked how one person put his item for sale for x amount of gold and was first in line, and then lots of people added their items for just one copper cheaper. I thought "if they want to sell cheaper, it should actually be cheaper and not just by one stupid copper! I am going to buy from that guy who put his item in first for x gold, because that is only fair!"

But it does not work that way. You are not able to choose from who and for which price you are buying an item. When there are people who sell an item for 99g 99s 97c, 99g 99s 98c and 99g 99s 99c and one guy who had put his item in first for 100g you are **not** able to buy the item for 100g from that person. If you enter 100g you will instead buy from the cheapest sell offer that exists up to the amount of 100g.

I wish it worked like you thought it works though.

I won't for a second pretend I know how to game the TP system, but I do know that undercutting by 1 copper is an absolute waste of time, especially when selling, and even more so if it's mats. I would assume that mats get bought up pretty quickly, so what point is there in undercutting by 1 copper, just to get your money quicker by a tiny amount?

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > [...] and I sometimes buy stuff that is not the cheapest but a couple of coppers more, just cause I can.

>

> You may think you are doing that, but you actually don't. Long ago I disliked how one person put his item for sale for x amount of gold and was first in line, and then lots of people added their items for just one copper cheaper. I thought "if they want to sell cheaper, it should actually be cheaper and not just by one stupid copper! I am going to buy from that guy who put his item in first for x gold, because that is only fair!"

>

> But it does not work that way. You are not able to choose from who and for which price you are buying an item. When there are people who sell an item for 99g 99s 97c, 99g 99s 98c and 99g 99s 99c and one guy who had put his item in first for 100g you are **not** able to buy the item for 100g from that person. If you enter 100g you will instead buy from the cheapest sell offer that exists up to the amount of 100g.

>

> I wish it worked like you thought it works though.

well, that's one illusion less in my life lol.